News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"IF ...​

the Saints clearly have football problems in all key facets, with deficiencies down back, in the middle and up forward

THEN ...​

they also have marketing problems. Outside Ross The Boss, there is zero X-factor."

I'm pretty sure we start winning games in 2025 & Damo you short-sighted worm you'll have x-factor pouring out of your panties. Winning fixes most things in football!

"IF ...​

the Saints clearly have football problems in all key facets, with deficiencies down back, in the middle and up forward

THEN ...​

they also have marketing problems. Outside Ross The Boss, there is zero X-factor."

I'm pretty sure we start winning games in 2025 & Damo you short-sighted worm you'll have x-factor pouring out of your panties. Winning fixes most things in football!
Also, wouldn't call having one of the best backlines in the league, "deficiencies down back".

I can't be bothered looking, but haven't we conceded like the second-least amount of points this year? I understand our whole system helps the backline, but that isn't our weakness. Lazy journalism.

"IF ...​

THEN ...​

We've been in the top 8 teams since round 12, and have one of the best defences in the league. We may not have much X factor, due to Purple's precious club North Melbourne receiving Laura's handouts, and other teams getting a better run than us with their Academy picks and father son's...but we're not as deficient as many seem to lazily believe.

*Edit: Broski pipped me to the punch by seconds with his post. We are in furious agreement it seems. He is a wise old head is Broski.

"IF ...​

THEN ...​

Easy to forget how we looked with Liam Henry in the team. X factor indeed. Liam gets a good run with injury next year and he'll be great to watch, the sort of player to electrify the team. Lookin' forward to it! 😀

"IF ...​

THEN ...​

We have a lot of problems, but Damo can f*ck off insulting the backline. Every other line deserves it but those defenders work miracles most weeks to help keep us in the game.

We've been in the top 8 teams since round 12, and have one of the best defences in the league. We may not have much X factor, due to Purple's precious club North Melbourne receiving Laura's handouts, and other teams getting a better run than us with their Academy picks and father son's...but we're not as deficient as many seem to lazily believe.

*Edit: Broski pipped me to the punch by seconds with his post. We are in furious agreement it seems. He is a wise old head is Broski.
Great minds think alike. While I may be only 27, this club has aged me like a carton of milk left on a hot bitumen highway.

We have a lot of problems, but Damo can f*ck off insulting the backline. Every other line deserves it but those defenders work miracles most weeks to help keep us in the game.

Our outside mids go ok when they are all fit.

One of the biggest disappointments for me this year have been the injuries to Henry Crouch and Hayesy seeing them get no continuity.
Oh what could have been.

And Dow.

Was really hoping he would have a bigger body of work for us by now and have grown into his role better.

Still fringe when fit right now.

Our only deficiencies are in the middle. Nothing wrong with the forward line and backline, both are more than adequate with a half decent midfield.

One of the biggest disappointments for me this year have been the injuries to Henry Crouch and Hayesy seeing them get no continuity.
Oh what could have been.

He is a danger to be delisted, but I really hope we give Jack Hayes another year. He is just that big competitive beast and offers so much of what we lack. Injuries haven't been kind to him, but prior to coming to the Saints he had a pretty sound body. I mentioned last year that I believe he could be another option to play in the CHB role, I dont know if he has ever played down back but his team mates love playing with him for a reason.

At the very least if Jack played forward it would allow Caminiti to play in the CHB position. We only had a snap shot of how he and King play together, but they seemed to work well. Given his size he is the perfect foil to run screens for others in forward marking contests.

If Jack is delisted I think we will see another club pick him up fairly quickly - hopefully he stays!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some real niggle in that game.
Super and blue moon imminent. The cycles man...be extra good to all the women in your life over the next few days.
(That or do the prudent thing and just hide, because you're going to be wrong no matter how right you are) 🍻

Super and blue moon imminent. The cycles man...be extra good to all the women in your life over the next few days.
(That or do the prudent thing and just hide, because you're going to be wrong no matter how right you are) 🍻
what the????

The women may lack size, skill and a raft of other things but what they don't lack is competitiveness. Poor call

what the????

The women may lack size, skill and a raft of other things but what they don't lack is competitiveness. Poor call
Oh, come on Mat Mann, it's Astronomy mate...look up at the sky. It's also provable biology...stop looking to be outraged over things you can't control (like the sky or biology)
P.S. Never mentioned anything about their competitiveness or lack of anything...but YOU did WTF!?

He is a danger to be delisted, but I really hope we give Jack Hayes another year. He is just that big competitive beast and offers so much of what we lack. Injuries haven't been kind to him, but prior to coming to the Saints he had a pretty sound body. I mentioned last year that I believe he could be another option to play in the CHB role, I dont know if he has ever played down back but his team mates love playing with him for a reason.

At the very least if Jack played forward it would allow Caminiti to play in the CHB position. We only had a snap shot of how he and King play together, but they seemed to work well. Given his size he is the perfect foil to run screens for others in forward marking contests.

If Jack is delisted I think we will see another club pick him up fairly quickly - hopefully he stays!
At this stage the only reason to hold him is if we believe none of our young forwards can perform his role to a required standard and I don't think that's the case. It's a ruthless caper, but we need list spots if we're going to take advantage of a deep draft just before Tasmania comes on.

I'd try and trade him, and if that doesn't pan out, cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back