2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry guys just got out of court (giving witness testimony). Give me 5 minutes and I'll have the pick covered

The strategy discussed with my Sydney compadre was that the Swans would go one tall and one small.

Was expecting one of the Whitlock's with our second pick but can't believe Harry Armstrong is still available.

Can't look past him.

Sydney select Harry Armstrong.

Sorry again peeps. Thought I'd be long gone today. Lawyers sure do know how to add billable hours.

Bletch is up

Last edited:
Nah, Wick was the representative for all of us on BigFooty for the “Gross Negligence” charges laid on Voss for subbing off Kennedy.

Thanks for stepping up Wickzki

I got kicked out of the court room for turning it into an umpiring debate

Pick 24: RICHMOND - Jack Whitlock - Murray Bushrangers - 200cm - Key Forward
Highly touted since U/16s, Jack has slipped a little in his draft year (as has his twin Matt). But still provides a compelling option at this stage of the draft. A key forward who can spend time in the ruck is highly desirable in modern football, and the Tigers would be looking for a player of this type. Samson may be seen as the long-term replacement for Nank in the ruck, but a viable forward/ruck is something they're lacking. Liam Fawcett and a couple of Cat-B basketballers are the only other real options. Perhaps Koschitzke, but see him more as Lynch backup.

Other options at this pick: Kicking myself that I could have had Shanahan or Armstrong, who went the two picks before this one - had I not traded out pick 22 (original pick 18), could have had my choice. Anyways, looked at Gerreyn as another forward/ruck, or Sims/Faull as pure tall forwards.

Next up: Pick 25 (21) GWS bradfisher14

TENACIOUS

Pick 24: RICHMOND - Jack Whitlock - Murray Bushrangers - 200cm - Key Forward
Highly touted since U/16s, Jack has slipped a little in his draft year (as has his twin Matt). But still provides a compelling option at this stage of the draft. A key forward who can spend time in the ruck is highly desirable in modern football, and the Tigers would be looking for a player of this type. Samson may be seen as the long-term replacement for Nank in the ruck, but a viable forward/ruck is something they're lacking. Liam Fawcett and a couple of Cat-B basketballers are the only other real options. Perhaps Koschitzke, but see him more as Lynch backup.

Other options at this pick: Kicking myself that I could have had Shanahan or Armstrong, who went the two picks before this one - had I not traded out pick 22 (original pick 18), could have had my choice. Anyways, looked at Gerreyn as another forward/ruck, or Sims/Faull as pure tall forwards.

Next up: Pick 25 (21) GWS bradfisher14

TENACIOUS

Really like this pick. Had Harry not slid so far this would've been the one. Think he has a really productive KPF/Ruck career. More suited to ruck long-term than many successful combo players. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a better career than Armstrong. A bit of a can't lose position you put yourself in even if you didn't get your top choices.

GWS will select Alex Dodson here. I’ll do a write up later.

Wickzki is up with the swans now :)

Dodson is an excellent pick imo brad. I was in 2 minds for my upcoming pick as i really like Dodson but the Eagles, who i'm picking for, already have 4 rucks and 2 other young 200cm pinch hitters.

So you solved my dilemna for me lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With another pick not too far away I won't disclose who else I've considered here but Hannaford would've been the dream but he's gone to GWS.

With that said...

Sydney welcome Tom Papley's cheeky little apprentice who will learn a ton off of him and then take over the mantle.

Sydney selects Jesse Dattoli

Cal Twomey said:
Dattoli plays with some swagger and confidence and has the necessary tools to take those traits into the AFL: as a midfielder/forward he takes his chances, has a natural goal sense, reads the play well and dominated in some big games this year. The best of those might have been his late-season run for the Knights, when he had two three-goal games then followed it with a 35-disposal performance against Eastern. Injury kept him from testing at the Combine.

I believe we're back to Bletch with back to back selections.

Pick 27: RICHMOND - Jonty Faull - GWV Rebels - 195cm - Key Forward
Although I picked up Jack Whitlock with my last pick, I think the Tiges still want another marking option up forward, especially with Lynch in the latter stages of his career. I see Faull as the best available option here, he's very good overhead, and kicks goals for fun. Think he'll pair well with Whitlock, and with Balta and Gibcus up back for the foreseeable future, sets up the spine for years to come.

Also considered: Sims, Barrat.

TENACIOUS

Pick 28: RICHMOND - Jasper Alger - Oakleigh Chargers - 183cm - Small Forward
With the talls out of the way, Richmond's last pick of the draft will be a small forward to replace Bolton/Graham. I see Alger as the best of the second set of smalls, behind Lombard, Kako and Berry. Has plenty of smarts, good goal sense, and excellent overhead for his size.

Other options: In reality, this pick, as first of the second night, probably gets traded for a future 1st. But otherwise, there's a bit of dearth of small forward options around the 20-35 mark. Looked at Dolan, Bradley, Champion (WC NGA). For 'best available', maybe Gross, Davis or Matt Whitlock.

Next up: Pick 29 (25) - Western Bulldogs Coona Blues

TENACIOUS

Tigers are now done. Good mix I think - Smith and Lalor inside. Travaglia and Hotton outside. A couple of tall forwards in Jack Whitlock and Faull, and a small forward, Alger. Be interested to see how this compares with what the Tiges end up doing.

Nominally, there's another pick available, which I'd use in the Rookie or PSD.

Pick 28: RICHMOND - Jasper Alger - Oakleigh Chargers - 183cm - Small Forward
With the talls out of the way, Richmond's last pick of the draft will be a small forward to replace Bolton/Graham. I see Alger as the best of the second set of smalls, behind Lombard, Kako and Berry. Has plenty of smarts, good goal sense, and excellent overhead for his size.

Second time in a row you picked the 1B to my 1A.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out on draft night.

Pick 29 - Western Bulldogs - JAMES BARRAT - 194cm 23/11/2006 - Defender/Utility

Starting to think this draft is not as deep as we thought. A bit of a rider, I am picking for a club well balanced across the park. Almost overloaded with KPP, but light on for young defenders outside of unproven Busslinger.

Barrat has performed in all parts of the ground in recent weeks. Key forward, key back/rebounder and accountable big bodied mid. Has been successful at all, but rebounding back seems his forte.

A late birthday suggests still growing and definitely still developing as a player. A bit each way here, wanted a potential centre square big body and he has some chance of developing into that role while being a quality interceptor/KPD at the next level. Young player with plenty of time to find his true calling, if he has not done so alreeady.

TENACIOUS

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back