Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 91 22.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Lalor fits the bill - if this doesn't sell you on him I don't know what will. I can see why he won't be there at pick 3.

Lalor could be available at 3. Everything I’ve read makes it sound like you can name any combination of two players from Langford, FOS, Draper, Smith and Lalor who could go in the top 2. ESPN even released their own mock draft take yesterday and Tauru is pick 2. This draft runs deep and we won’t be unhappy with who we select at 3. Very happy that we have it. Hats off to Nick Austin.

Langford (and O’Sullivan) is Acres. Link player not a prime mover. Blake took a while to find feet also but is now pretty serviceable. IMO.

Impact and burst are Lalor, Smith or Smillie. The others are link players. I’d still trade back if the option appears but it would need to be criminally good offer.

Langford averaged 26 disposals and more than a goal a game, in what world is that Acres or even a link up player?

Lalor could be available at 3. Everything I’ve read makes it sound like you can name any combination of two players from Langford, FOS, Draper, Smith and Lalor who could go in the top 2. ESPN even released their own mock draft take yesterday and Tauru is pick 2. This draft runs deep and we won’t be unhappy with who we select at 3. Very happy that we have it. Hats off to Nick Austin.
I think North split that pick 2. It makes too much sense. If it is with St Kilda, they will take FOS. If it is with Melbourne/Richmond who knows (I think Richmond would take FOS too)

Sam Lalor fits the bill - if this doesn't sell you on him I don't know what will. I can see why he won't be there at pick 3.

Nice highlights package.

Can we get the same music played while he’s sitting on our soft tissue injury list? 😂

Any sports injury experts out there.

Is there any concern over the serious hamstring injury 10 week layoff, and increased risk of re-injury in the future?
And a hip injury.

Looking at Langford’s highlights package.

He doesn’t seem slow, just not the explosive type of midfielder that everyone seems to think would add to our current midfield mix.

Seems like he is a good decision maker, can create space and an elite user.
is a gut runner though, can run from contest to contest

Getting seduced by Langford here.

Seen him compared to Pendles in the past. Pendles aint fast but it's not a problem.

Ideally I'd like some burst in our midfield, but composure and skill are also necessary. Someone like Langford inside distributing to the likes of Walsh will indirectly help the speed around the contest. Keeps Walsh more outside, receiving, instead of getting stuck inside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is a gut runner though, can run from contest to contest
Langford was 8th in the 2km time trial too!

8. Harvey Langford (Dandenong Stingrays/Mount Martha) – 6:24

Our own Sam Walsh came 3rd in his year at 6:07, only 17 seconds faster whilst Nick Daicos came 1st at 6:32. So Langford is between those two!!!

Pendles and Bont comparisons never end well, every year it's a kiss of death for slowish tall mids in the draft
Yeah it's odd. Pendles wasn't even slow coming out. 3.01 20m sprint when 10th this year was a 2.98.

Cripps was 3.23 Bont 3.20.

By comparison jagga Smith 3.04. 'slower' than pendles.

I know that Austin said we were after pace and run, but I wonder how attached he is to that now that we have pick 3. Normally you go best available with those top picks. I wonder what we do if the player that we see as best available doesn't fit that description (e.g. Langford)?

Definitely one of the areas we’ve lacked are players with vision and skill that can deliver I50 and hit forward targets.

There is someone who has beautiful disposal, kicks to advantage, has high footy IQ, great overhead marking and can also hit the scoreboard…Harvey Langford.

Imagine Harvey running through the midfield delivering with the left boot in tandem with Elijah on the right flank delivering I50 to Harry, Charlie or Kemp.

I haven't spent much time looking at the top kids but this Langford kid looks exceptional - simply a beautiful, very smart (often too smart for his team mates) user of the ball.

Surely, would be hard to go past him.

Looks the type who's ready to play round 1 too.

Looks a RIPPER - be keen to hear why others think other kids are a better option at 3?

1729728642541.png

Knows how to find the pill too (ball magnet).

Once it’s time to pick at 3, LM Team will need a day or two to confirm who we go for if BF is anything to go by…

Think we'd take Smith if he's on the board. I don't see Draper being anywhere near the poor kick he's made out to be, so I think he'd be a fine choice. I'm warming a bit to FOS, but it's all merely projection, compares to the confidence I'd have with Smith or Draper. Langford looks nice, though I worry with the bigger lads being difficult to assess how they will transition into AFL and I suspect Langford will struggle.

I haven't watched Murphy Reid yet, perhaps that will fill some of my downtime this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back