List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle has signed with Hawthorn. St Kilda will receive a Round One Selection (currently 8) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft as compensation.

Last edited:
Reckon we could trade 2 and future second for 7 & 8 of St Kilda?
I was thinking the same. If St Kilda wants to get one of those top end midfielders, 2 and a 2nd rounder (this year or next, preferably next year) for 7 & 8 would be good for both clubs. Under that scenario sending 8 to Port for Houston could come into calculations. So effectively for Pick 2 and a 2nd rounder we could get some like Armstrong (if available) and Houston. If Port want more walk away, they aren’t getting a top 10 from the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Split 2 for 7 and 8. A no brainer.
Apparently the Toigs are keen on 2 also, so if Rioli goes for 6 and Bolton 10, split 2 for those picks.
Waft one of those picks under Geelongs nose who need draft capital. See if SdK can be prised out with one of those picks. If not, double efforts to land Houston.

Split 2 for 7 and 8. A no brainer.
Apparently the Toigs are keen on 2 also, so if Rioli goes for 6 and Bolton 10, split 2 for those picks.
Waft one of those picks under Geelongs nose who need draft capital. See if SdK can be prised out with one of those picks. If not, double efforts to land Houston.
I can’t see us getting Pick 7 & 8 for just for Pick 2 in this even a draft. You would think we would need to sweeten the deal with a later pick?

It would all depend if St Kilda are desperate for one of those kids that are right at the pointy end? They may just be happy to get two good kids at Picks 7 & 8?

I agree, but to be fair, pick 3 for McKay was overs
It wasn't, though.

The quality of the player is not relevant, it's all about the pay cheque. And if you're a half-decent KPD, you'll get offered big dollars to move clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back