List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi giantroo love your work on here but with these X posts you reference all the time, it would be great if you could include a short one liner in the post giving a general gist of the content for those of us at work during the day who are blocked from seeing X.
Or just get back to work.

It wasn't, though.

The quality of the player is not relevant, it's all about the pay cheque. And if you're a half-decent KPD, you'll get offered big dollars to move clubs.
It’s definite overs based on the value of the player regardless of $.

On the open market McKay and Battle aren’t worth the compensation picks, but I guess both clubs got lucky they had something was willing to pay overs to get.

The further back our priority picks this year are pushed, the better Rawlings trading last year looks.

In:
Zac Fisher
Dylan Stephens
Pick 22 (Wil Dawson)
Pick 23 (Riley Hardeman)

Out:
Pick ~30
Pick ~31
Pick 29 (Ashton Moir)

I get Fisher and Stephens aren't great players and that we could have done a lot better, but you can see above we practically recruited them for nothing.

We did very well to turn those picks into Dawson and Hardeman, however this should highlight just how terrible our assistance was from the AFL last year.

Unrestricted Free Agent Tom Campbell has signed with Melbourne. St Kilda will not receive any compensation.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi giantroo love your work on here but with these X posts you reference all the time, it would be great if you could include a short one liner in the post giving a general gist of the content for those of us at work during the day who are blocked from seeing X.
Turn it up Might and Power.

Wait a minute, Tom Campbell has moved to ANOTHER club?

Astonishing.
Not many 200cm blokes going around. He costs nothing and is happy to play VFL.

I was thinking the same. If St Kilda wants to get one of those top end midfielders, 2 and a 2nd rounder (this year or next, preferably next year) for 7 & 8 would be good for both clubs. Under that scenario sending 8 to Port for Houston could come into calculations. So effectively for Pick 2 and a 2nd rounder we could get some like Armstrong (if available) and Houston. If Port want more walk away, they aren’t getting a top 10 from the Blues.
Try 2, 40 for 7,8

I'd be reluctant to add pick 40 tbh.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree, but to be fair, pick 3 for McKay was overs
How? He was the highest paid player in the league last season under the old cap...

We got compensated for Essenden paying overs for a 25 year old kpd; exactly how the system is supposed to work.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back