List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The further back our priority picks this year are pushed, the better Rawlings trading last year looks.

In:
Zac Fisher
Dylan Stephens
Pick 22 (Wil Dawson)
Pick 23 (Riley Hardeman)

Out:
Pick ~30
Pick ~31
Pick 29 (Ashton Moir)

I get Fisher and Stephens aren't great players and that we could have done a lot better, but you can see above we practically recruited them for nothing.

We did very well to turn those picks into Dawson and Hardeman, however this should highlight just how terrible our assistance was from the AFL last year.

The actual trading was better last year - my only complaint was the fact that Fisher and Stephen each got four years.

Hahah **** off

sounds like perfectly reasonable draft tampering, which would see both teams lose draft access in most sporting organisations around the world.

the fact a well known reporter is toting this without a please explain from the afl hierarchy, he should lose his accreditation.

sounds like perfectly reasonable draft tampering, which would see both teams lose draft access in most sporting organisations around the world.

the fact a well known reporter is toting this without a please explain from the afl hierarchy, he should lose his accreditation.

Or maybe the AFL is getting the reporter to raise this possibility to test the waters...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont come to gloat because we have our fair share of failures in drafting, but was just reviewing the 2017 draft and thought what a strong second round with one glaring failure in Will Walker, can honestly say i have never heard of him but the next 10 players taken are all guns, 6 All Australians.. Its interesting as 2017 would be considered one of the weaker top ends of the draft but obviously batted very deep.

View attachment 2131291
I was just reviewing the first round of the 2017 draft and it’s interesting that it was a strong draft with one glaring failure in Paddy Dow. If you’re going to gloat about one of our draft misses, and there are a few, don’t choose the draft that you f*cked up and picked Paddy Dow over LDU.

The secret herbs and spices rhetoric to cover AFL's arse when manipulating compensation pick's needs to go, the formula should be public knowledge, and any argument against it can only be made by pro AFL biased types.
The AFL is WWF- sanctioned gen the rules can rile for which ever dude they want to win.

7 and 8 for 2 would be nice
I can't see the Saints agreeing to that deal because it would be a huge loss for them (over 650pts) but who knows, on draft night they may have a particular player in mind and to move up the board, our pick 2 and a third rounder or future 3rd rounder may be enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back