List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

So we have pick 25 right as the 2nd rounder now? That's what I thought would happen.
Little wonder why we're trying to split 2 or our F1 to get more picks earlier then.
If this is going to be the norm going forward I can see teams trading F1's or splitting more regularly.

So we have pick 25 right as the 2nd rounder now? That's what I thought would happen.
Little wonder why we're trying to split 2 or our F1 to get more picks earlier then.
If this is going to be the norm going forward I can see teams trading F1's or splitting more regularly.
Pick 25? Gonna be 45 after father son and academy bids lol.

Ah looking at this bonkers suggestion from a certain media identity…its 😂😂😂
They’ve tried to pull it down but it’s doing the rounds..
When you read it ..
It makes a lot of our crazy out there ideas look absolutely sane. …and he’s been paid for this…
Too many burger rings short in the top paddock…dipped in something else ld say..
Nuts ….

There should only be Ashcroft, Lombard and Marshall from what I'm reading inside 25.
But doesn't look like there will be any picks absorbed in bids before 25 so it won't come in sooner.
I'd be hunting one of the Giants picks in the teens with 25 and a F2 but there might be a few teams with F1's.

Probably only for this draft being so deep they say but we definitely should be trying to at least split pick 2 or offer a F2 to get another teams mid 1st rounder...only one pick in the first round, be it pick 2 or 3 with an Ashcroft bid, in this draft would be foolhardy.

There should only be Ashcroft, Lombard and Marshall from what I'm reading inside 25.
But doesn't look like there will be any picks absorbed in bids before 25 so it won't come in sooner.
I'd be hunting one of the Giants picks in the teens with 25 and a F2 but there might be a few teams with F1's.
Don't forget Kako

We've just witnessed the Filth jump the shark in giving Perryman 6 years.

Their first pick in the ND is 35 and you know they're desperate when soldiers are getting 6 years.

You can smell it.

Perryman barely made the top 10 in the GWS B&F.

With the exception of the Daicos brothers, all their heavy lifters are 28 or older and the cream of them (Pendlebury and Sidebottom) are on their last legs.

They'd literally kill their own to have all of LDU (Pick 4) Sheezel (3) George (4) Kerch (2) and Duursma (3) running around in their colours.

They'd do the same to get their grubby hands on pick 2.

Yet we're considering giving up pick 2 to slide outside the top 5.

Madness imo.

Last edited:
The Father Son and Academy bids are irrelevant, those players will go to their respective clubs and we will still be selecting from the talent pool that we have access to. If 3 Father Son and Academy selections are made before our pick the same player we hope to pick at 25 will still be there at 28 it has no impact on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of which...

SUNS PICK CENTRAL TO HOUSTON CALL​

GOLD Coast's call on pick 13 could hold the key to Dan Houston's hopes of returning to Victoria as the Suns weigh hot interest in the selection.

Collingwood and Carlton are among the pack of clubs fiercely chasing the pick, which Gold Coast has up for grabs given if it keeps the selection a bid will come on Academy prospect Leo Lombard.

The Magpies are trying to attain pick 13 as part of the John Noble deal, but that would likely require Collingwood giving back a strong future pick, such as its 2025 first-round selection.

Their interest in Houston has remained strong since their meeting with the Port half-back last month and with forward Joe Richards looking more likely to take up the Power's offer, could look to combine the selection and Richards to send for Houston.

North Melbourne's future first-round pick has also been put up for trade for Houston, with the Kangaroos offering a five-year deal for the dual All-Australian.

Melbourne has its future first-round pick on the table for the Suns' selection as well, while Sydney has looked at packaging its first-round picks to move up the board. The Giants, now armed with picks 15, 16 and 21, could also look to shift up the board while the Western Bulldogs are another club to have been linked with the selection.

The Dogs also met with Houston last month in his round of catch-ups with Victorian clubs and have been keen on the damaging playmaker. – Callum Twomey

What Houston brings is fantastic forward entry. Really, it’s superb (although I don’t think he necessarily all that quick?)

But to benefit who? One player? Nick Larkey? Those other teams have forwards who actually could benefit from him. We have Jack shit.
It really reads like a ‘sure it’d be nice’ but let’s jack up his demands.

We've just witnessed the Filth jump the shark in giving Perryman 6 years.

Their first pick in the ND is 35 and you know they're desperate when soldiers are getting 6 years.

You can smell it.

Perryman barely made the top 10 in the GWS B&F.

With the exception of the Daicos brothers, all their heavy lifters are 28 or older and the cream of them (Pendlebury and Sidebottom) are on their last legs.

They'd literally kill their own to have all of LDU (Pick 4) Sheezel (3) George (4) Kerch (2) and Duursma (3) running around in their colours.

They'd do the same to get their grubby hands on pick 2.

Yet we're considering giving up pick 2 to slide outside the top 5.

Madness imo.
Who are the definitive top 2 in this draft?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was just reviewing the first round of the 2017 draft and it’s interesting that it was a strong draft with one glaring failure in Paddy Dow. If you’re going to gloat about one of our draft misses, and there are a few, don’t choose the draft that you f*cked up and picked Paddy Dow over LDU.
Clearly didn’t read my post, or took it completely out of contest. No one is more critical of our drafting than I.. FWIW I was filthy we took Dow when I wanted Stephenson.. turns out SOS and I both had no idea.. although like North atm I suspect a fair bit has to do with development within the club and can’t solely be placed on recruiting. My post was simply that I found it interesting.

Absolute idiots continually claiming we had absolutely no chance at Band 1 for Zurhaar.

Remains the worst call in recent years not pushing him out for Pick 3

It was Collingwood as the interested party also…
I can't find anything about a concrete offer from the Pies other than Twomey mentioning a vague "Pies have some interest".
Sounds great in theory doing a McKay but you are guessing that Cam's offer was near that level of being close to top 5% of player contracts and close to 900k for 5+ years like a Perryman or Battle. It doesn't make sense to me Pies being interested to that level when they have McCreery, Schulz, Elliott and Hill in the side.

And who would you then pay if you pushed Cam out? The money has to be spent on someone to hit the salary floor.

Clearly didn’t read my post, or took it completely out of contest. No one is more critical of our drafting than I.. FWIW I was filthy we took Dow when I wanted Stephenson.. turns out SOS and I both had no idea.. although like North atm I suspect a fair bit has to do with development within the club and can’t solely be placed on recruiting. My post was simply that I found it interesting.
Do let us know if you find anything else interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back