List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope so too, but the body of evidence is that he doesn’t. He doesn’t fire a shot until about round 7, he’s now 26yo with 8 seasons under his belt and his output hasn’t changed since year 3. In fact, his 3rd year was the first that he played more than 5 games, and it remains statistically and ratings wise his best.
He is comfortable, not has good as he thinks he is, and has a tendency to be selfish.
If he was as we hope he would be, he’d be in the leadership group alongside Simpkin. I doubt he even gets considered.
So, I hope others go past him (fast) who want it more and who do the things that you describe

This is the most likely outcome, but I am hoping that Clarkson and Viney will get him to the next level - has an outsized impact on the team when he is on.

I hope so too, but the body of evidence is that he doesn’t. He doesn’t fire a shot until about round 7, he’s now 26yo with 8 seasons under his belt and his output hasn’t changed since year 3. In fact, his 3rd year was the first that he played more than 5 games, and it remains statistically and ratings wise his best.
He is comfortable, not has good as he thinks he is, and has a tendency to be selfish.
If he was as we hope he would be, he’d be in the leadership group alongside Simpkin. I doubt he even gets considered.
So, I hope others go past him (fast) who want it more and who do the things that you describe
Totally agree...

Me too. Agree with Sphynx that if he was getting offers anywhere near band 1 then we should have helped him clear his locker. The half a dozen games he put up after signing are exactly what he will do for the next five years. Hopefully BGZ and Sausage push him out and he gets traded to a bottom team just as we push into the 8

Pardon my ignorance but who is BGZ?

because it's a deep draft and we also get a Jeremy Cameron type forward with that pick based on watching couple of YouTube videos and feedback from an online 'draft expert" who in all likelihood is a 15yo Gen Z with no friends sitting at home in mummies
pretty sure PMBangers is 16

Arguing from a position of strength... I honestly don't know what you're on about.

It's like arguing with a bloke who has a gun to your head! It's not advisable. However if you have 5 blokes hiding with shotguns pointed at said undesirable... keep arguing. In simplest terms.
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Are we playing tiddlywinks, this is a ruthless sport where all advantages seem stacked towards the strong clubs.. the only armoury North have is salary cap space, not using this to get a head is IMO weak.. this is not an attack on North I just do t understand why it’s not commonplace.
Because it builds a perception about how a club is and what it's like to deal with them in a trade scenario.
Clubs don't want to be blackballed by other clubs on a trading front by doing something so ruthless.

Clubs already hate dealing with essington* because they're a bunch of campaigners to trade with, imagine if they started walking players to the PSD, they'd never get any clubs to talk to them in trade period again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see your point but I think it may be reaching in terms of ceiling. If he was that good the club probably would have continued to assist him.
Instead of giving him the same timeline as Paul Ahern, or there abouts.

One thing for certain is, if history tells us anything. This will be either be the last contract for Brayden George or he defies the odds (which we all hope).
There's only so much time you can put into players with injuries and if they don't come back in great shape then I think you need to cut your losses. We kept Mase and Garns for too long and really got nothing back. The same with Jacobs. These players had great potential but never made good on it. At the end of his contract George will have been on the list for as long as Perez was. So if he comes good in his last year then he'll get another shot, if not there goes another second round pick.

Having said that I'd have given Perez one more year but obviously inside the club they saw things differently. Compared to the end of 2022 his 2023 was poor.

So they bring in a rule change for one year, just so happens to coincide with us having an academy player corruption at its best I say🤷‍♂️ I’m really starting to believe they don’t want us in the afl anymore
It was more than one year. Missing Sanders was bad but Melbourne missed Mac Andrew two years before.

This one is brutal. Sanders will be a great player, but we're not short on his kind; would have loved to have had him, but ah well. Missing out on a KPP of Andrew's calibre just to have the rule backflipped later would have had steam coming out of my ears.
Yep.

So Godees and us should be asking the AFL why they keep changing the rules.
The AFL is a reactive, stupid organisation. They changed the rules in reaction to the fuss about JUH but not for the teams in NRL states. Then one of those teams had a bunch of first round NGA players and the AFL changed the rules back in reaction to the fuss about that.

Its stupid because it doesn't fund grass roots footy or even academies properly (or make them fair) and was happoy for southern clubs to cut back after the covid situation. Its also kept lists small since covid which decreases the pool of players being developed professionally even tho it wants a 20 club comp.

Yeah your right it was more than one year anyway doesn’t take away that the scum have kako in their academy this year and the rules change does my head in
Yeah they're a pack of idiots at AFL House. If they couldn't see that stuff happening they shouldn't be running an organisation like the AFL.

Not only has GCS had access to its own NGA players, its ended up with one of the best NGA prospects, if not the best one, from the southern NGAs as well. What a joke of a situation.

Yeah your right it was more than one year anyway doesn’t take away that the scum have kako in their academy this year and the rules change does my head in
Also ... you have to wonder if Bard wasn't at * if it would have happened so quickly. Probably would have been next year like the other change.

Sus as.

Personally I'll back Cam in.

The club has been an absolute shit show for most of his career. Really we've had 12 months of stability. That basically 6 years of toil at a club spinning its wheels. I wouldn't personally blame Cam to have come in to this season a bit dejected and looking at the exit sign.

We put in the hard yards this year. Growth across the ground, stability off the ground. Cam acknowledged that and put pen to paper. Now it's on him to try and keep up with the improvement of Sheezel, Wardlaw, Arch, Chom and PC.

I'll reserve my judgement till next year. I think we will know come pre-season scratch matches if he's taken it on board. His fitness needs to take a leap if he's going to live up to his talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back