List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The Zurhaar contract is a long one and he plays a position we seem to have a lot of coverage for. If we could have got pick 3 for Zurhaar then on its own if this was FIFA you'd take it and use it to grab the best KPF in the draft. But it's not FIFA players leaving and not buying into the program has an impact, especially for a team thats been through a lot of tough times and is supposed to be on the up.

We kept all the players we wanted to. They've all bought into make a first of it. We can see Zurhaar is giving it his best shot in the preseason getting external support to come back in tip top shape. I think this is important for us right now - maybe more important than picking up another high draft pick.

But agree that Zurhaar's output alone from this year probably doesn't justify the waiving the first rounder.

I like what Zurhaar brings to the midfield rotations. To maximise our return I'd like to see this part of his game develop. I also think he's played at times some good footy down back. So maybe with added flexibility we could see an increase in contribution from him over the seasons and less focus on him just as a forward.

This is random but I was actually there and can confirm this. At the end of the meal Charlie turned to the waiter and thanks them for great service. Then the waiter said "you could be getting this every week", and he ripped off a mask and it was Harry Sheezel, the whole time.

This is random but I was actually there and can confirm this. At the end of the meal Charlie turned to the waiter and thanks them for great service. Then the waiter said "you could be getting this every week", and he ripped off a mask and it was Harry Sheezel, the whole time.

Happy Oh Yeah GIF

And then Lmac ran out of nowhere and ruffled Charlies hair!

Everyone threw their hands to their faces and said ‘for **** sakes Luke!’

Charlie’s manager yelled out ‘the deals off!’

Everyone got up and left, leaving Luke just standing there on his own with his infamous Steve Urkel catch phrase made popular after consistently bombing it down the corridor with 10 seconds to go…. ‘did I do that?’

Whilst we worry about Brady overpaying for Houston who won’t even nominate us. Brady quietly preparing a Caleb Daniel second rounder deal.

We thought we were playing chess, meanwhile Brady is playing mahjong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we got pick 6 for future 1st and split pick 2 and got something around 7 and 13
Give 13 up for Houston leaves us 6/7 would be perfect Armstrong and ?????
Houston, Armstrong and one Berry/Hannaford would be huge.

I suspect Melbourne takes Armstrong meaning we would end up with Houston, Berry and Tauru.

if Houston doesn’t happen:
  • grab the best KPF we can
  • grab the best skilled running HB we can
  • grab the best crumbing forward we can

We have a decent WA contingent at our Club. Gerreyn is perfect. The bloke will be formidable. Gotta get him in. I’d use pick 2 on that massive specimen. That is a once in a generation talent available that isn’t a father son!

Larkey is a runner, Larkey can learn to get on his bike and Gerreyn can play the FF position.

I honestly think Larkey can be that high up leading target.

Last edited:
If we got pick 6 for future 1st and split pick 2 and got something around 7 and 13
Give 13 up for Houston leaves us 6/7 would be perfect Armstrong and ?????
Melbourne are desperate for a KPF and would probably snap him up at pick 5 before us imo, especially after missing Wade Derkson

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back