List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

My wife is a cats supporter so I've been to a lot of cats games last 5 years and I used to think he was shithouse when watching on TV. At the ground though I got a different perspective Rohan does not stop running all game harassing opponents and closing down space, you could tell he runs himself to almost puking the campaigner, he does so much stuff off the ball that frees up his team mates. Is he the most talented? No, but he works his guts out. I could see the benefit for 1-2 years on **** all money to teach our young forwards this is how hard you need to work whether in vfl or afl.

I too have watched the Cats a fair bit over the years and up until the last couple of years, I always thought he went missing at crucial times, plus was injury prone (according to at least one Cobden person, the Rohans all have "chalky" bones).

I may have just dreamt this or even made it up, but I seem to recall that he had decided to retire and might have been appointed coach of Warrnambool, when Geelong offered him another contract.

He returned to the club and in the last couple of years, played some pretty good football, being a crucial player in their successful 2022 year.

Having said all that, I think we might be overdoing it if we pick up all of Darling, Parker, Daniel and Rohan. In my eyes, Parker stands head and shoulders above the rest, with maybe Daniel a safer younger option than all of them, age wise. Darling and Rohan however, are both premiership players, and that maybe is a handy attribute.

Who remembers when Drew Petrie was cooked in 2016 playing with us. West Coast took him and he played a year in 2017 to help their forward line develope and provide some leadership?

They ended up winning the flag the next year with him as a coach.

Let’s wait and see but I have been told it’s happening
Makes sense. He will attract all the head knocks and leave Simpkin free to complete a full season.

Isn't this why we're recruiting a clearly cooked Darling though?
Yes, to a certain extent but I wouldn't see Rohan playing too much AFL game time, would be more in the VFL with the occasional AFL game if someone was injured or needed a break for their load management. Equally important to have leaders in the VFL side as it is in the AFL team. I could be reading it wrong with their intentions if rumour is true. If it is to be full time afl then no I don't think it's worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

" Comben " not Cobden.
Rohan is a Western Star butter boy.

Well, a Fronterra farmer anyway.

Actually, I went to school for one year with the Rohan's but I can't remember if they were farmers.

You'd expect a farm boy from the south west to drink milk and not have chalky bones, but I was from a dairy farm down that way and I hated milk and dairy products in general. Was no fun when teachers made you drink those little bottles of milk before play lunch and it would come back up within 10 minutes.

According to LoTR, an alliance with Rohan is needed for our North Fellowship in order to grow the forces that will face the AFL armies.

Rohan - the Kingdom of?

Just kidding 🤓

GIF by Giphy QA

According to LoTR, an alliance with Rohan is needed for our North Fellowship in order to grow the forces that will face the AFL armies.

Rohan - the Kingdom of?

Just kidding 🤓

GIF by Giphy QA
Are we getting Karl Urban?
1728171915672.gif

I’m with yah on this The Job. Zurhaar should’ve been played more through the midfield in the season just played. It was an opportunity lost IMO. And yes when Noble played Zurhaar back he didn’t look half back. :stern look
I’m very disappointed that Ether didn’t take the bite. :stern look

Yep. It all makes sense to me.

After we got beaten by a combined total of 37 goals in the last 2 rounds - yep 37 goals - in my darkest moments I do recall thinking - if only we had Gary Rohan.

Lol.

Yes lets bring in Darling and Rohan and think it’s going to improve our side and help out the younger guys and just ignore the fact they’re both finished at AFL level and getting worse.

People on here man 😆 then wonder why we win 3 or 4 games every season despite their expectations and predictions continually being higher 😂
Yeah these are the same clowns who will once again predict 8 to 10 wins at a minimum for us next year. :stern look

Actually, I went to school for one year with the Rohan's but I can't remember if they were farmers.

You'd expect a farm boy from the south west to drink milk and not have chalky bones, but I was from a dairy farm down that way and I hated milk and dairy products in general. Was no fun when teachers made you drink those little bottles of milk before play lunch and it would come back up within 10 minutes.
Cunners, is that you?

He is soooo not a farmer. Bloke is that much of a cat that he makes Dylan Stephens look like Schimma

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back