List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll be very disappointed if we trade down to get a future first. All it does is set your list back a year. Kids already take time, why postpone it another 12 months? And this is meant to be a deep draft with a bunch of obvious gun mids + but the bracket of players ranked 10-20 has bunches of elite talent but project types.

i'm more concerned that he'll get a spot in the team over PC, ford or duursma and one of them will leave due to lack of opportunity

It's called depth.... if they can't get in the side because of an ageing Rohan, probably don't deserve place on list anyway..... only be Ford that could struggle... the other two should get better and better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Way I see it

Darling can play over Teakle/Pink, not taking anyone’s spot just yet. Will Dawson will take time & is a beanpole, look for 2027 for him. Happy enough. He’s very mediocre now but he’s an upgrade on Teakle/Pink.

Parker can take anyone’s spot in the forward line, but knowing he can force himself into the midfield and win contested ball if we are under the pump. He’s going to help Wardlaw, Sheezel & McKercher when Simpkin is being smashed.

Daniel is my least favourite of the above 3 but if he can take Fishers role we massively improve that role by having someone who can kick short sharp low kicks. No Fisher up & unders. Neither can defend so no problems there. Just need to stop having kids and Stephenson types as the other defenders - we can cover 1 liability, we can’t cover 3. So I’m happy enough with that. Or if not Fisher; it stops Stephens playing. Either way, he’s not getting in the way of a future player.

But Rohan? Where’s the value in that? He’s going to average 3 touches instead of 6 in this North side, it’s going to be woeful.

People love to be outraged. We have 45 odd list spots. He’ll be on minimum chips. It’s fine for a year.

We struggle to find talent outside the first round of the draft. Treating list spots as expendable is the same as treating later picks as expendable.

We're already spending a list spot and a late pick on Darling to provide forward nous, standards etc. We don't need another average player as well doing that.

I'm referring to that vid Horizons posted.

The guy got a few facts wrong. Unlike most AFL commentators with a media accreditation tho he's not getting paid so he might not have the time to check everything properly. Pretty sure yuou could any AFL media head and they'd have made a basic glaring werror that 30 seconds research could fix in the last twelve months.

I'm referring to that vid Horizons posted.

The guy got a few facts wrong. Unlike most AFL commentators with a media accreditation tho he's not getting paid so he might not have the time to check everything properly. Pretty sure yuou could any AFL media head and they'd have made a basic glaring werror that 30 seconds research could fix in the last twelve months.
Yeh I watched it but I didn’t pick up on it?

We struggle to find talent outside the first round of the draft. Treating list spots as expendable is the same as treating later picks as expendable.

We're already spending a list spot and a late pick on Darling to provide forward nous, standards etc. We don't need another average player as well doing that.
Kind of agree with you here. Part of the reason we are in this mess is, in the past, we haven’t treated our 2nd round and 3rd picks, along with MSD, with as much respect……..granted we’ve hit a couple out of the park, but by god has there been some abominable misses.
Feel things have changed somewhat in last couple of years, but there’s so much opportunity out there to find players.
I guess we are still keeping the additional list spots, but it think that’s what we should be lobbying the afl for more of.

Playing a lot of games of football doesn't make you a leader. This is a guy who cheated on his missus with a club physio, who does not get anywhere near the ball in half of his senior games, and who Geelong fans are itching to get rid of. The scrap heap is the place for him
I'm sure Viney and co. are across that and aren't going to let a shit bloke and rampant adulterer loose in our clubrooms. If he's got a good footy brain and a genuine interest in helping the young guys then there is benefit in having him out there directing traffic in the VFL or AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

used cars GIF by LSD

“Have a drive of the Gary Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back