List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

LATEST ON ROOS' VETERAN CHASE

A MOVE for Jack Darling to join North Melbourne is expected to be sealed early in the Trade Period but talks have yet to progress on a deal for Swan Luke Parker.

Darling will join the Kangaroos on a two-year deal, with a trigger for a third season, as North targeted his experience, durability and forward pressure to add to its attack.

North's pick 67 is all but agreed upon as the trade that will see West Coast's 298-gamer head to the Roos. Darling, a premiership player in 2018, had a year to run on his deal at the Eagles but was omitted late in their campaign.

A trade could be completed as soon as Monday.

13WCNM240649.jpg

Jack Darling celebrates during the round 12 match between West Coast and North Melbourne at Optus Stadium, June 8, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos
But the same won't be done for Parker, who last week requested a trade to the Kangaroos as well.

The 292-gamer at Sydney has a year to run on his contract, meaning a trade will need to be executed as well, however, discussions have not progressed on any trade.

North has picks No.2, 25, 43 and 61 before their 67 heads to the Eagles, with a full set of future selections as well.

The Kangaroos will also await a decision from Western Bulldog Caleb Daniel, who AFL.com.au revealed last month was weighing an offer to join the Roos. He has two years remaining on his deal with the Bulldogs. – Callum Twomey

Are Collingwood a genuine chance to get Gold Coast's pick #13 for John Noble ? seems like overs to me

The same people whinge about every move the club makes. Embarrassing.

It's glass half full versus glass half empty.

Some people just take a minute to think why the likes of Clarko and Viney want to add a player and talk about how it might be a positive. Others are just scared of how everything might go bad.

There’s also the element that hope everything goes bad. “I told you so” can be quite intoxicating to some.

Are Collingwood a genuine chance to get Gold Coast's pick #13 for John Noble ? seems like overs to me
They are proposing 13 and 23 for noble and future first

Really the deal should just be pick 23 for him and even that I would say is slight overs for him

Everyone giving up crazy shit for pick 13- haven't Port said they want 2x first rounders for Houston? I doubt they're going to accept pick 13 on its own, and Carlton won't have anything else left to give.

Everyone giving up crazy shit for pick 13- haven't Port said they want 2x first rounders for Houston? I doubt they're going to accept pick 13 on its own, and Carlton won't have anything else left to give.
Port are going to soon realise no one is giving that up for houston

You don’t trade massive overs for a 28 year old hbf desperate to come home

So they need to decide whether they hold a disgruntled player or give him for that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the Parker recruitment is that we get a front row opinion if we also go after Konstanty, or not. Parker played plenty of VFL this year after breaking his arm (+ 6 week suspension) before getting back into the AFL team. If Luke rates him and thinks he can help our club, then Brady and Clarko should get a deal done. No fluffing around.

As a side note it would be interesting to get Parker’s opinion on Dyl Stephens for the 4 years he was there, and can we make something of it in the next 3 years?

Some people just take a minute to think why the likes of Clarko and Viney want to add a player and talk about how it might be a positive. Others are just scared of how everything might go bad.
really? I posted the other day I was happy with the Daniel move and like everyone I’m happy with Parker. I’m just not an idiot who blindly supports every recruitment decision the club makes.

We have made some poor recruitment decisions over the past 6 or 7 years.

Last edited:
Yeh I watched it but I didn’t pick up on it?
I can't remember what it was now. Something trivial that I wouldn't expect the supporter of another club to know but I would expect a journo to know. There were a couple of things.

lol ....everything 'might' go bad.....have you Northed over the past 5 years?

His best is well behind him and the doctors can tell us if he can still play but this would be a pure culture piece. Wouldn’t be surprised if he played some VFL like at Geelong.

I get people saying no way but I can see the benefit of Parker, Darling, Daniel and Rohan - 4 hard working pro premiership players showing the kids what winning looks like Monday to Friday and the on field coaching benefits.

If nothing else I love the fact that we are doing something significant to develop our young players and the team generally.
Sensible post and quite accurate assessment! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back