List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan is a Western Star butter boy.

Well, a Fronterra farmer anyway.

Actually, I went to school for one year with the Rohan's but I can't remember if they were farmers.

You'd expect a farm boy from the south west to drink milk and not have chalky bones, but I was from a dairy farm down that way and I hated milk and dairy products in general. Was no fun when teachers made you drink those little bottles of milk before play lunch and it would come back up within 10 minutes.

The Rohans were sharefarmers at Cooriemungle, milking cows for a dairy farmer, Ross Powell.

As a side note, Ross Powell and his son, Andrew, were big participants in the Port Campbell Surf Lifesaving Club and were tragically drowned trying to save an idiot tourist who ventured into treacherous waters near the Twelve Apostles.

They along with a third lifesaver, Phillip Younis went out to try and rescue them, their boat capsized and they drowned. Phillip and the tourist were rescued, with Phillip, who is a good guy, spending months recovering.

The Powell's farm is about 6.5 kilometres from where I grew up. Both Ross and Phillip went to the school I went to, Ross a couple of years ahead of me and Phillip a couple of years below me.

The photo in the Age article below shows the beauty of the countryside where their farm was. An absolute tragedy the whole business.

Actually, I went to school for one year with the Rohan's but I can't remember if they were farmers.

You'd expect a farm boy from the south west to drink milk and not have chalky bones, but I was from a dairy farm down that way and I hated milk and dairy products in general. Was no fun when teachers made you drink those little bottles of milk before play lunch and it would come back up within 10 minutes.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water Samsquanch. Milk is the most marvellous stuff to drink, especially when it comes from beautiful Jersey cows.

As an aside, what are our mates at Tullamarine up to? Very quiet there from the trade period champions. They spend all their cash on magoo and Gresham?
They are praying no one bids on kako before their pick 10

I think they are not in luck and will need to trade up or back to avoid a bid not coming a pick before them

Lol exactly, snap him up for a freebie first rounder the next year. Not a chance that goes to the PSD.
If they’re only offering pick in the 20s - the dogs should let him go to the psd , especially after the comments about outgrowing the dogs

I think they are not in luck and will need to trade up or back to avoid a bid not coming a pick before them
No Dodo to help them this year either. They will be like fish out of water.. :laughv1:

The Rohans were sharefarmers at Cooriemungle, milking cows for a dairy farmer, Ross Powell.

As a side note, Ross Powell and his son, Andrew, were big participants in the Port Campbell Surf Lifesaving Club and were tragically drowned trying to save an idiot tourist who ventured into treacherous waters near the Twelve Apostles.

They along with a third lifesaver, Phillip Younis went out to try and rescue them, their boat capsized and they drowned. Phillip and the tourist were rescued, with Phillip, who is a good guy, spending months recovering.

The Powell's farm is about 6.5 kilometres from where I grew up. Both Ross and Phillip went to the school I went to, Ross a couple of years ahead of me and Phillip a couple of years below me.

The photo in the Age article below shows the beauty of the countryside where their farm was. An absolute tragedy the whole business.

Yes. Ross was a relative on his mother's side so I knew him well when I lived in the area... My great grandmother was a Murphy. My grandparent's farm was in the Cowley's Creek / Cooriemungle area. You'd know it. Dairy #23 from memory.

Whatever you do, don't let SpiderBurton22 know you are from that neck of the woods.

So there you go. Gary Rohan was a farmer. And I got the Fonterra / Western Star butter boy bit right as well.

PS: I can tolerate steamed milk in coffee, but not milk in tea.

We are also family friends with them.

Would walk around the dairy farm, have rides on their quad bikes and let the cows suck our fingers lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any updates on our 2 LTIs in CCJ and Goater? Old mate Google offers this:

With proper treatment, most Achilles tendon ruptures fully heal within four to six months.

As an aside, what are our mates at Tullamarine up to? Very quiet there from the trade period champions. They spend all their cash on magoo and Gresham?
Lying Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

If we can land 6-12 picks I say call out Ashcroft (already bid on top 2), Lombard and Kako in that order. All three would fit us and we need to be sandbagging the opposition wherever possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back