Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (67) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastTBC

Last edited:

He's a 32 year old player who wasn't picked till late in the season and played 10 games, including three finals. If he was as important as they say why didn't he play till late in the year when they needed to cover injuries?

I agree just repeating what he said... 43 is more than enough....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

time to put an expiry on the caleb daniel offer decision

then sort a trade out or move on to another target

Anyone else concerned that Sam Power is actually a robot?
Seriously he makes Brady look like an excitement machine

time to put an expiry on the caleb daniel offer decision

then sort a trade out or move on to another target

They make Houston sound like it will go deep too, but they have Luko to solve after that which will or should be harder, so would think they want Houston sorted earlyish

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I love trade week. More hot air than a balloon.
Exhibit 4216

Bombers have interest in Hawk​

Essendon have expressed interest in Hawthorn tagger Finn Maginness, but don’t expect a deal to be done.
“Finn Maginness is someone who fits our profile, but he is a contracted player so we don’t expect anything to happen in that space,” Bombers list boss Matt Rosa said.

Perhaps the club can have someone else do the media work.

Yes, we're really being outshone by all the world class media performers that are the other clubs list people being interviewed as they go in.

Seriously, the stuff you people make up to bag Brady is just insane now.

"As we have said for the last few days we are open to do a deal on Dan but it needs to be right for the club. Dan understands the club that wins his services has to satisfy us." - Chris Davies, Port Adelaide GM of Footy

"Clubs have started to come to us. We want a good deal, better than a fair for a player that is a two-time All-Australian."- Chris Davies on Dan Houston

This guy is genuinely the new Dodoro.

Contracted Port player "better than fair"
Contracted opposition player "in good faith to get them home"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else concerned that Sam Power is actually a robot?
Seriously he makes Brady look like an excitement machine
Who knows…maybe being a dynamic media performer isn’t all that important when it comes to being a good negotiator in the trade space? 😂

Just out of interest, what were the 4 mot problematic things that Brady said in this interview?
Umm, aah, yeah & hopefully.

Concerning facial expressions and poor body language too. Id also love to see a new haircut just joosh it up a bit.

Perhaps the club can have someone else do the media work. He just doesn't create a positive image for the club, anyone you put in front of a camera should be able to speak well. You don't need Rawlings to be the one making the public statements about what we are doing.

I don't think that someone shy or nervous or appearing unsure should be your negotiator when it comes to trading, imo. I think it is part of the reason why clubs often hold out for more from us.

Statements he should have made.

Darling: "We have had in-depth discussions with West Coast, a deal should be done today." Unless West Coast have already agreed to trade for pick 67 then don't mention what picks "are on the table", just say "we haven't finalised the price but expect that to be sorted today."

Houston: "We have spoken to Dan and we are interested if he is a available, he is a contracted player and he hasn't nominated which club he wishes to go to yet. We have the currency to be able to satisfy Port Adelaide but as of yet he hasn't nominated which club he wants to go to and Port Adelaide hasn't confirmed if they will trade him... so that is where that stands."

Is your future 1st on the table for Houston? "We haven't talked to Port Adelaide about a trade because he hasn't nominated a club yet. Port has expressed what they want to consider letting him go and we have the capacity to satisfy their needs, it might require combining trades with a number of clubs so everyone is satisfied but these can be complex deals and take time to negotiate, the longer it takes for a player to make a decision the harder such deals are to complete successfully."

Parker: "We haven't talked to the Swans yet about Luke since he announced he would like to be traded to us. We will begin negotiations today and get something done that satisfies all parties but I don't have any specific information to share about it at present."

Daniels: "He hasn't made a decision as of yet so we haven't talked to the Dogs outside of expressing an interest if he is available."

It shouldn't be that hard to just communicate where we are at.
God, I hope we don't roll you out, each statement is more formal and boring than the previous, you talk like an Excel Spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Brayshaw.

We were also keen on Viney in addition to Parker.
If we got Viney we might not have chased Parker. They both provide very similar attributes including age/experience/leadership and onfield type. Viney is probably a better first option.

Brawshaw - well you'd be mad not to ask i reckon. And he'd be the perfect age to compliment LDU while those younger mids develop, they were both drafted in 2017. Also while Jy was very good after he came back post bye but his health situation is probably one where another mid in the same age range as he and LDU is a good thing. There's a very real chance that one more bad hit could end his career.

I don't think it says anything really about Powell, other than age/experience. Powell was the highest rated player in his age group wasn't he? Phillips - well, he is on his last chance so yeah.

It would be unrealistic to expect Phillips to make it after this season imo. He still may, and he has some good AFL qualities, but he definitely went backwards and Jy could be one bad hit away from retirement ... but at the same time Brayshaw is a player who will make any side in the comp better, even the Swans. Given his family connection to the club (and his brother claiming we'll win several flags in the next five - ten years) its an obvious choice to ask the question to him and his management. I think its something we should do even if there were no questions over Jy and Will's future.

Also - we have four players from the 2016 draft, three from 2017 (tho one is on thin ice) so it makes sense to chase players in that age range as a medium term recruitment strategy generally.

God, I hope we don't roll you out each statement is more formal and boring than the previous, you talk like an Excel Spreadsheet.

Um yeah well err ahhh ehhh mmmm yeah like well okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back