Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (67) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastTBC

Last edited:

I agree, 13-18 next year is not going to be anywhere near as attractive as 13 this year, and Noble should be mid second round at best which is about 34 as we speak.
Noble is a run of the mill battler, not worth a pick inside 40 imo.

Mind you, they are stated to be giving up 2 x 1sts for Rioli, too. Absa****inglutely laughable for a HB that averages 20 odd

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Split pick 2 for Saints 7+8 we may need to add something else late, Dangle the ff in front of Richmond for 10+18? Would love pick 6+18 but doubt they would do it for only a ff.
Take picks 7,8,10,18,25 to the draft
Was seeing what the talk was like across big footy and there are a few posts about our 7+8 on here.

I can’t see us at all trading up and burning both picks. We will get 2 elite talents at those picks and have the ability to shift back a spot for additional assets.

Your more likely To have success shifting 2 for 6+14 from Richmond.

Grab Tauru at 6 and something nice at 14.

If we'd bid on Daicos and then taken JHF at 2 when JHF specifically made it clear that he really wanted to be selected pick 1, then it would have gone down in folklore as one of the main reasons JHF left us after one season. Hindsight says **** JHF, but we weren't in a great position to make that call at the time.

Conversely and playing another hypothetical it might’ve spurred the kid on having come second in his first afl related hurdle!

All I want to do is fk the Pies.

Collingwood are ****ed in the medium term and will remain ****ed for a long time.

They’re going to bottom themselves out at the same time Tasmania enter the comp

Pendlebury 36
Howe 34
Sidebottom 32
Elliot 32
Hoskin-Elliot 31
Mihocek 31

And here they are trading their future picks away for a single half back ?

How rediculous is it especially that Collingwood constantly trade their future first pick. Surely a rule must be made that teams have to use their first pick a certain amount of times across the years or so

I don’t think Gold Coast care about picks. They have a forward line that should be coming into its own over the next few years, a reliable defence and a midfield which gets a lot of the ball but is not overly polished. With Rioli they get outside run and polish and with Noble a hard running winger (whom I thought showed a fair bit of improvement from last year).

Gold Coast to make the finals next year.

Was seeing what the talk was like across big footy and there are a few posts about our 7+8 on here.

I can’t see us at all trading up and burning both picks. We will get 2 elite talents at those picks and have the ability to shift back a spot for additional assets.

Personally, I wouldn't do 7+8 for pick 2, unless there is someone specific that you want like Langford.

Only reason GC don't really care about picks is they just get absorbed in academy bids and they have enough talent on their list already. They only really need players or future picks for bidding next year for their 5 academy players.

Personally, I wouldn't do 7+8 for pick 2, unless there is someone specific that you want like Langford.
I could see the below panning out.

Either way little reason to trade both picks to move up.

1. FOS/Lalor - Richmond
2. Fos/Lalor - Richmond
3. Jagga - Eagles
4. Draper - Crows
5. Armstrong - Dees
6. Tauru - North
7. Smillie - ST KILDA
8. Langford - ST KILDA

Travaglia Lindsay Trainor & Reid still on the board.

More likely I think you'd try and offer one of 7/8 and F1. Not sure we'd want that though.
Some talk you guys were keen on Lalor at 2.

More likely I think you'd try and offer one of 7/8 and F1. Not sure we'd want that though.
Some talk you guys were keen on Lalor at 2.
We were very keen on Lalor early this year. Not sure about going up to 2.

I think more chance we offer a F1 and our second rounder for 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like people have been saying this every year, for a few years now.

It’s my son’s second favourite team after North (don’t ask), so I have had to also watch their games. I think the Essendon win will be a breakthrough for them in terms of winning away, and they win almost all of their games on the Gold Coast / Darwin.

I could see the below panning out.

Either way little reason to trade both picks to move up.

1. FOS/Lalor - Richmond
2. Fos/Lalor - Richmond
3. Jagga - Eagles
4. Draper - Crows
5. Armstrong - Dees
6. Tauru - North
7. Smillie - ST KILDA
8. Langford - ST KILDA

Travaglia Lindsay Trainor & Reid still on the board.
Who knows, I'd be guessing. The Saints will get two good players at 7 and 8, it's a nice position to be in.

As much as North would like a tall, if there is a highly rated 190+ mid on the table they'll take it. We have no big bodied mids and it was clear during this season that it was a problem.

Collingwood are ****ed in the medium term and will remain ****ed for a long time.

They’re going to bottom themselves out at the same time Tasmania enter the comp

Pendlebury 36
Howe 34
Sidebottom 32
Elliot 32
Hoskin-Elliot 31
Mihocek 31

And here they are trading their future picks away for a single half back ?

Last years future for a small fwd and this yrs future for a hbf

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s my son’s second favourite team after North (don’t ask), so I have had to also watch their games. I think the Essendon win will be a breakthrough for them in terms of winning away, and they win almost all of their games on the Gold Coast / Darwin.
Could do a lot worse as a 2nd favourite team!

There's no 2nd favourite in our house, but the kids always want to know who I'm going for in a game we're watching that North isn't in.

For your sake, I hope you don’t torch them like you didthe last time you had back to back picks in the first round (Clark & Coffield).

Did I just read at the top of this thread that St Kilda got Pick 8 for Josh Battle?

What in the actual **** is that?

Last years future for a small fwd and this yrs future for a hbf

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This draft and next years draft are both strong, and could possibly be the last strong drafts before Tasmanian entry.

To trade away your picks in those drafts with a team of geriatrics is literally rolling the dice for another premiership in the next one to two years before ****ing yourself.

Bold move

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back