Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (67) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastTBC

Last edited:

I had family from interstate around today, so just piecing together the news now.

If Port take 13 + a second rounder + Richards for Houston when they could have our f1, they are idiots.

If GC trade 13 and 23 for the Pies’ F1 and Noble, they too are idiots.

(To say nothing of Rioli for pick 6)

Meanwhile, the pies somehow find 2m under the couch for a pair of new back flankers.

What a wild time of year.

As far as we’re concerned, getting Parker, Daniel and Darling while retaining a decent draft hand for talls and a small forward will be a fine result, all things considered.

It ain’t an even competition hilly
Of course this will happen. 15 games a year at the G, at least, probably more. FA is the same. It’s hilarious. Ah well, we will stick it up em.
Houston won’t be helping the cliff that their midfield is hurtling towards.

They need inside mids to alleviate the pressure off Daicos. Pendlebury (37), Sidebottom (34), Crisp (31), Mitchell (31), all to be retired in next 1-3 seasons.

I have expressed interest in Margot Robbie, but also don’t expect a deal to be done. “Margot Robbie is someone who fits my profile, but she is hot so I don’t expect anything to happen in that space”, gerry101101 said.

Breaking news.
I too have an interest in Margort Gobbie

I expect a deal to get done

Houston won’t be helping the cliff that their midfield is hurtling towards.

They need inside mids to alleviate the pressure off Daicos. Pendlebury (37), Sidebottom (34), Crisp (31), Mitchell (31), all to be retired in next 1-3 seasons.
Wasn’t to long ago we were all laughing at geelong for falling off that same cliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So next year GC will have Pies F1 and their own pick and they'll offload them to big clubs for cheap because they'll have more academy players coming in.

Because of the point allocation changes they’ll actually have to use them next year in order to get the players coming through (Uwland & co)

Ah yes, the first premiers to use a salary dump to get a top ten pick. Good times.
Remember how much the other clubs collective lost their shit when they thought we might get access to Sanders, in the same breath are happy to see that Dan Houston turn down a five million dollar contract from us, to head to for the pies for a couple hundred thousand a year.
Something doesn’t pass the sniff test does it..

Last edited:
Sam Power is a menace at the trade table, he’s already thrown out the “required player” “vice captain” cards. I already have clenched cheeks at the thought of Rawlings agreeing on something stupid to get this over the line if Daniel chooses us.
Sam Power = The I’ve got the

Jim Carrey Comedy GIF by PermissionIO

Daniel would be silly not to accept our 4 year deal. If he doesn’t get back into the dogs team next year, he’s only another 12 months away from being delisted.
100%
I like that he seems a loyal guy and this is not an immediate decision

But if he takes a business view this is an easy decision to come to us

Re: Caleb Daniel and to a lesser extent Jack Darling

Haven’t we learnt our lesson from Polec/Fisher/Stephens/CCJ and co that overpaying, with trade capital, money and contract lengths is fraught with list clogging danger?

Daniel is a fringe player now at the dogs, what are we seeing in him that justifies a 4 year deal? Because I don’t see it. He is a slight upgrade on Fisher but even worse at one on one defending.

My concern is that if we are willing to offer him a 4 year deal then we’d be more than willing to part with a F2 selection or something along those lines which would be incredibly stupid.

Re: Caleb Daniel and to a lesser extent Jack Darling…

Haven’t we learnt our lesson from Polec/Fisher/Stephens/CCJ and co that overpaying, with trade capital, money and contract lengths is fraught with list clogging danger?

Daniel is a fringe player now at the dogs, what are we seeing in him that justifies a 4 year deal? Because I don’t see it. He is a slight upgrade on Fisher but even worse at one on one defending.

My concern is that if we are willing to offer him a 4 year deal then we’d be more than willing to part with a F2 selection or something along those lines which would be incredibly stupid.
And to a lesser extent, what the **** was the whole fisher acquisition about then?

Don’t worry about GC
Re: Caleb Daniel and to a lesser extent Jack Darling…

Would you rather Drury , Lazarro, Pink et al these guys are at least upgrades on them if and when we acquire better players then those players edge them out

Makes sense to just hang there on the outer in case it doesn’t work with the others.
It’s not like we’re after any other big names…..make our moves so the capital is there if we need to pull the trigger….if not then hit the draft
Yeah Poorta have me a little baffled on this, almost like they not considering any knock on effects.....they've finished top 4, losing an AA caliber player, surely you would prefer to hack out a deal with North than having him going to Carlton or Collingwood where he could just be the difference in a finals series against them next season. They're contending now, taking teens draft pick from your immediate competitors while being in the window is pretty short sighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back