Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (67) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastTBC

Last edited:

Re: Caleb Daniel and to a lesser extent Jack Darling…

Haven’t we learnt our lesson from Polec/Fisher/Stephens/CCJ and co that overpaying, with trade capital, money and contract lengths is fraught with list clogging danger?

Daniel is a fringe player now at the dogs, what are we seeing in him that justifies a 4 year deal? Because I don’t see it. He is a slight upgrade on Fisher but even worse at one on one defending.

My concern is that if we are willing to offer him a 4 year deal then we’d be more than willing to part with a F2 selection or something along those lines which would be incredibly stupid.
Caleb Daniel.

Four years.

Pack the joint up.

Haven’t we learnt our lesson from Polec/Fisher/Stephens/CCJ and co that overpaying, with trade capital, money and contract lengths is fraught with list clogging danger?

Daniel is a fringe player now at the dogs, what are we seeing in him that justifies a 4 year deal? Because I don’t see it. He is a slight upgrade on Fisher but even worse at one on one defending.

My concern is that if we are willing to offer him a 4 year deal then we’d be more than willing to part with a F2 selection or something along those lines which would be incredibly stupid.
No lessons have been learnt. :stern look

Don’t worry about GC

Would you rather Drury , Lazarro, Pink et al these guys are at least upgrades on them if and when we acquire better players then those players edge them out

Daniel is fringe in a side that only just made the 8. I’d be hoping we are pushing into the 8 within two years at which time you’d bloody hope we’ve upgraded 3 of our half backs who suck (McDonald, fisher and potentially Daniel)…if that’s the case then we are stuck with Daniel for another two years on ridiculous money.

That's gonna keep me up all night. Fear of swapping 2nd rounders or F2's for Caleb Daniel. Surely not?
I get he brings experience with the premiership, All-Australian and great short ball user but he's a defensive liability.
I hope we're prepared to walk away and let them keep a required player if it comes to that.
I'd worry about the jog jam of what a 4 year contract means for Hardemann or Brayden George as well.
Bergman I guess as well but jury is out on him next year.

Generally you need to pay more than a player is worth to get them across. So if the Club wants to entice Caleb Daniel this will be the case. Won't be disappointed if we do not acquire his services. One thing all the players have is they have won a Premiership so probably something the club is attracted too.

Daniel is fringe in a side that only just made the 8. I’d be hoping we are pushing into the 8 within two years at which time you’d bloody hope we’ve upgraded 3 of our half backs who suck (McDonald, fisher and potentially Daniel)…if that’s the case then we are stuck with Daniel for another two years on ridiculous money.
Would we not front load it?

Hear hear…I’m assuming Daniel would be on around 750k, Fisher 400k and Stephens like 250k… total cap hold of $1.4m.

Would we rather be targeting a genuine best 18 free agent next year at 950k a pop and having more cash to pay LDU or these three wimps. Fffffff

**** the haters Caleb Daniel is a baller and will be worth it, trust the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing all the players have is they have won a Premiership so probably something the club is attracted too.

Love it personally. I don't think I've ever seen it done to this degree, injecting 3-4 premiership players who know the standard into a side as rudderless as ours.

If we get em all it's going to be fascinating to see how it pans out.

Hear hear…I’m assuming Daniel would be on around 750k, Fisher 400k and Stephens like 250k… total cap hold of $1.4m.

Would we rather be targeting a genuine best 18 free agent next year at 950k a pop and having more cash to pay LDU or these
Money is not an issue for us.
We could pay Daniel his whole 4 year salary in one year & still sign LDU for $1.5M a season.
Look at what other clubs are doing this FA/trade period & they actually have decent players they are paying now.
It‘s the length of the deal & what picks we give up that is the concern.

Love it personally. I don't think I've ever seen it done to this degree, injecting 3-4 premiership players who know the standard into a side as rudderless as ours.

If we get em all it's going to be fascinating to see how it pans out.
You wouldn't think it would hurt having some premiership players around the Club.

This draft and next years draft are both strong, and could possibly be the last strong drafts before Tasmanian entry.

To trade away your picks in those drafts with a team of geriatrics is literally rolling the dice for another premiership in the next one to two years before ****ing yourself.

Bold move

Counterpoint: they'll just trade in or acquire any players needed via free agency.
No shortage of players that are dazzled by the lure of playing for a 'big club' regardless of performance.

In a fair and equitable competition you'd have a point, but this competition is not that.

I have expressed interest in Margot Robbie, but also don’t expect a deal to be done. “Margot Robbie is someone who fits my profile, but she is hot so I don’t expect anything to happen in that space”, gerry101101 said.

Breaking news.
I’m not trading her mate. She is a required player and will be held to contract

Moving on from Houston, who do we go for draft wise if we get the saints or Richmond’s picks?
Its very hard to answer that question until we know what picks we actually have, we all have guys we think would make this team better but we don't know the first two names on Will's whiteboard, I'd suggest watch some highlights from Noobers video clips on the main draft thread of as many of the boys as you can and come up with who you take a fancy to, the only problem with that is if you get to attached to a couple of the boys and see them in North colours and we don't select them and they go and end up in another team. We might know more after the trade period and then again, picks wise, we may not.

Until LDU is signed - and you could probably include the McKercher and Duursma extensions in this - I’ll be fine with any short sighted win now moves.

We need to win some games and the boys need to start having fun playing footy again. The kids we’ve brought in have grown up being the best of their whole age group across the whole country, not being laughed off the nationally televised field getting belted by 100+ over and over.

Concerns about years 3 and 4 of contracts that get tangible shit done for us next year are no concern of mine.

A future 2nd? We’ve got 5 top 4 picks potentially going through our midfield next year and the best ruckman in the comp.

A baller that can’t defend one on one and is the worst aerial defender in the league?

Who has also played close to 200 games, played in a premiership and made All Australian.

Most of his money will be paid in next 2 years so won’t impact the cap.

He’ll be good for us.

Daniel is small. He is a nice neat kick but he ain’t a penetrating kick. He struggles one on one. I wouldn’t call him the fastest small dude around. He was in and out of the Dogs line up. Not the sort of player I’d be chasing. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back