Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

This whole Pick 13 GC drama simply doesn't make any sense. Why would Gold Coast be waiting for Houston to choose a club? FFS, Houston has nothing to do with them. They should simply get the best deal they can for themselves. The fact this isn't happening is just plain weird. Why do the Suns exist in the first place? If it's to provide a luxury oceanfront lifestyle to players and coaches while acting as a feeder club to the rich Vic Clubs, it should be officially announced, to stop any confusion.

Trade radio said that Caleb Daniel was spotted in Tullamarine 👀

* getting desperate for our targets.

I wouldn't recognise him if he came to my front door and introduced himself. Did they spot someone wearing a bicycle helmet perhaps?

If the Tiggers get 6 and one of either 10 or 11 do we see if they would part with 6 and either 10 or 11 for our Pick#2 with some other later picks being swapped in the deal?

We end up with 6 and 10 or 6 and 11 , Tiggers get pick #2 and keep either 10 or 11 and we offer Port either 10 or 11 and our F1 for Houston and another swap of later picks. l cant see either Carlton orCollingwood doing better than that and l think its a win win for both North and Tiggers..

North end up with Houston,6, 25, 44, and 62 (Parker)
Tiggers end up with 1,2,10 or 11, 24, 32, 42, 43, 45, and 51
Port end up with 10 or 11, Norths F1st.
WTF?

Surely we would trade 10 or our F1 for Houston, not both those picks.

Waiting game begins in bid for precious pick to land Houston
Jon Ralph

Gold Coast will wait for a more definitive position from Dan Houston on where he wants to play next year before pulling the trigger on a trade for the in-demand No.13 draft pick.

Collingwood had emerged as the favourite to secure that early pick and hand the first-rounder, pick 23 and Joe Richards to Port Adelaide for the dual All Australian.

But Carlton continues to offer a future first and future second-rounder for the No.13 draft pick, which it would use as part of a trade package for Houston.

The Suns cannot lose because the Carlton future picks would help it match a bid for potential No.1 draft pick Zeke Uwland, brother of Suns defender Bodhi, next year.

The club could still use its No.23 draft pick to secure Pies defender John Noble.

Or the Suns could trade 13 and 23 for Noble and the Pies first-rounder as part of a trade package with Collingwood.

With the trade period only two days into a 10-day marathon, Gold Coast is happy for the two clubs to assess their options.

The Blues deal is more favourable so there is plenty of time for the parties to haggle, with the Blues initially believing Houston wanted to play for them before the Pies’ renewed interest.

North Melbourne is seen as the less likely option despite meeting Houston.

Houston has links to Carlton through former Port Adelaide assistant Michael Voss and good mate Jack Silvagni but is also happy to play at Collingwood, with Craig McRae particularly keen to secure the running defender.

At some stage the Suns could put a time limit on the trade to hurry up the Pies and Carlton.

But if Houston makes clear he is keen to play for Carlton or Collingwood the Suns would be happy to deal with that club given pick 13 right now is the way the 27-year-old will get home.

The Suns continue to rule out trading picks 6 and 13 for Dan Rioli but have pick 6 on the table as part of a deal to broker that deal with the Richmond best and fairest winner.

While Brayden Fiorini has been raised as trade bait at this stage he has few suitors.

He has played 105 games across nine seasons with the Suns so they would be prepared to off-load him if he could find a suitor but at this stage it looks unlikely.
Unless the Suns really are just there for the benefit of the big clubs, why would they be the ones waiting for Houston to decide?

Surely, they should be saying pick 13 is up for grabs, everyone give us your best offers, then set a short deadline for the pick to be traded. If they wait until Houston picks a certain team, then straight away there is less competition for the pick and the Suns lose bargaining power.

Also, if it is down to either Carlton or Collingwood, the big incentive for them to pay up before Houston nominates a club is whoever gets the pick likely puts themselves in the box seat for him, no point in him nominating a team that doesn't have the pick to get the trade done.

Be a great plot twist if one of them overpaid for the pick, then Houston chose us! But this is the AFL, so the reality is the Suns will meekly wait for the big clubs to decide who's turn it is to get the star recruit then trade them the pick they need to get it done for massive unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks like Collingwood is chasing him hard and are in pole position for GC's pick.

Rawlings didn't sound like Dan was a priority. My guess is he told us that if a contender can't get the deal done then he would come to us... which is fair enough given his age.

Unless the Suns really are just there for the benefit of the big clubs, why would they be the ones waiting for Houston to decide?

GC want Noble...

Surely, they should be saying pick 13 is up for grabs, everyone give us your best offers, then set a short deadline for the pick to be traded. If they wait until Houston picks a certain team, then straight away there is less competition for the pick and the Suns lose bargaining power.

I am guessing it would be a multi-club trade so people don't get stuck with partial deals done.

Also, if it is down to either Carlton or Collingwood, the big incentive for them to pay up before Houston nominates a club is whoever gets the pick likely puts themselves in the box seat for him, no point in him nominating a team that doesn't have the pick to get the trade done.

Yeah, it is why I don't think they will be individual trades but be part of a mega trade, like the JHF trade. You need to get ballpark agreements of the major pieces of the puzzle, there is no point Collingwood doing a trade with GC if Port isn't happy with 13 and want something else as well.

Be a great plot twist if one of them overpaid for the pick, then Houston chose us! But this is the AFL, so the reality is the Suns will meekly wait for the big clubs to decide who's turn it is to get the star recruit then trade them the pick they need to get it done for massive unders.

Yeah, it is why I don't think it will be individual trades.

Id also be pretty annoyed at Houston if I were a port supporter, wanting out 1 year into a 4 year deal, and even if you keep him you know he doesn't want to be there anymore and that his heart isn't in it. "I'm willing to stay" yeah no shit, what else is he going to say? It's good PR.

Id also be pretty annoyed at Houston if I were a port supporter, wanting out 1 year into a 4 year deal, and even if you keep him you know he doesn't want to be there anymore and that his heart isn't in it. "I'm willing to stay" yeah no shit, what else is he going to say? It's good PR.

They can suck it up, they weren't crying when JHF wanted to go home after one year.

Let me get this straight. Gold Coast will wait for a player they have no interest in before they decide what's in their interest?

Fold the franchise up and send it to darwin
Translation :

GC: We have contacted AFL house about the Houston situation, and they have informed us to take whatever deal either team puts on the table once Houston makes up his mind - As long as it's a big Vic club.
They have informed us that under no circumstances will Poorta entertain NMs F1 even though its superior to all other deals, and the media is on board with this narrative

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is two years into a five year deal and has gone AA in both years. Port have done pretty well out of him - he would be on less than many others not performing anywhere near his level. I suspect part of it is wanting to come home, the rest is getting a big pay rise to do so. I don't blame him. When his current contract is up he will be 31 and the offers will be significantly lower.

I'd call him speculative. We recruited him as a defender based off a small sample of games at Carlton in this position. And we gave him an extended run in this position to see if he can make it. St Kilda did a similar thing with Riley Bonner, he played 19 games but still got axed. Is Fisher worth persisting with? We kind of have to, we have him for another three years.
The coaches and player need to reset expectations for the last 3 years of this deal.

You will only be a small crafty forward who is going to dine out on all the crumbs being dropped from Darling/Larkey’s/Duursma/Bulls table. You will kick goals consistently, and keep the ball in our forward line at all costs with your harassment and tackling.

The only time you will see the defence, is shaking hands with the opposition defence. No more cheap stats, just goals and pressure buddy to earn your $600K yearly wage.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back