Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

I'm not conflating it. Both Dan and Port have publicly said that the trade has to be in clubs best interest. Not Dan himself.
Which means that they will give Dan's choice club every opportunity to match the best deal on offer. But make no mistake, Dan has a preference, he just isn't willing to go public with that.

Which means that they will give Dan's choice club every opportunity to match the best deal on offer. But make no mistake, Dan has a preference, he just isn't willing to go public with that.
Fair enough, that's a good reading on a complex set of negotiations that not many have direct access to.

If we're only in it as the losing bid, and we only jack up the price, that's actually okay with me - Houston would be nice, but if I'm perfectly honest, I don't want to spend that much draft capital on a half back flanker (however good) who happens to be 28 next season. On top of the draft capital, to get him to move to North he's going to demand (and get) a minimum 5 years, and probably six. On both scores - draft picks, and money - it's too much. Good race to lose.

Gut feel is Parker eventually gets done at 43.
If Darling comes for a 60’s pick, Parker is worth a 40’s pick. It would be nice if we get a better deal. However, pick 43 looks fair to me. BTW, have I mentioned I haven’t a clue about these thingsv 🤣

Fair enough, that's a good reading on a complex set of negotiations that not many have direct access to.

If we're only in it as the losing bid, and we only jack up the price, that's actually okay with me - Houston would be nice, but if I'm perfectly honest, I don't want to spend that much draft capital on a half back flanker (however good) who happens to be 28 next season. On top of the draft capital, to get him to move to North he's going to demand (and get) a minimum 5 years, and probably six. On both scores - draft picks, and money - it's too much. Good race to lose.
Housten is fools gold

Compared to a pick 2 who is a 250-300 game Sheezel Wardlaw etal

Housten pushers

Who is only ever going go one place

Step 1
When Richmond receives the pick#6 from GC and 10 or 11 from Freo then we pounce with our Pick#2 for Pick#6 and #10 or #11...

Step 2
Approach Port and negotiate a trade for Houston and see where it takes us.

Step 3
Give Daniels a deadline on deciding what he wants to do.

Step 4
Let the Parker deal run its course. We will get him its just about when.

Step 5 See what the Swanies want to get for Kostansky.

Step 6
Finish the trades and move on .
You never trade shit trucks like Housten for 300 game + pick 2 players

End story

So it took Cal Twomey over a week to report what we’ve already known since last Monday.

Keep earning that paycheck Cal 👍🏼

I’d be very interested to see what Collingwoods offer is.
I don’t think they can match the offers we’ve put to Houston.
Ours was $4.5mil over 5 years, with $1.5mil of that front ended in 2025.

Not sure what Carlton’s deal was but he was guaranteed to earn $1.1mil in 2025.

This is where any integrity department would be auditing Collingwoods books but we know they have no salary cap.

Joke of a comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back