Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

I mean waiting on barely committed target at a club with a high selling price.

Use that energy elsewhere on other targets
It's like an auction - if there's going to be a bargain, wait for the second before the drop of the hammer.

Plenty of time yet to let people stew - we're the ones with something to offer, not the other way around

Sure. But that's unequivocally an assessment that the recruiters make based on them possessing significantly more knowledge of the specific situations than you, me or anyone else here.
Of course but presumably if we are holding currency to do that deal that may be used elsewhere then it makes sense to work on other targets, I see the value in getting Daniel but I think if he’s flip flopping or if it stretches out and means we are likely to overpay I’d be looking for alternatives

Of course but presumably if we are holding currency to do that deal that may be used elsewhere then it makes sense to work on other targets, I see the value in getting Daniel but I think if he’s flip flopping or if it stretches out and means we are likely to overpay I’d be looking for alternatives

Perhaps he's not flip flopping.

I'm not sure it's fair to suggest that Xerri didn't want to be here - he grew up supporting the club and was over the moon to be drafted here.

The issue was opportunity, which we were able to provide in the end.
Point is that some people are saying we only want players with a declared passion for NMFC, when realistically most players at this time of year are assessing their opportunities professionally and with detachment, and it’s silly to get huffy about it and keep saying we should walk away from discussions.

I'm not sure I understand the angst about Parker - the general consensus is that (unlike Darling, where opinions differ), Parker is pretty much what we want/need.

If Collingwood had come knocking for Daniel wells with a year to go on his contract, would we have settled for pick 62? By all means make that first offer, but there can't be any surprise Sydney want more. In what walk of life do you get something for less than it's worth?

I'm not sure I understand the angst about Parker - the general consensus is that (unlike Darling, where opinions differ), Parker is pretty much what we want/need.

If Collingwood had come knocking for Daniel wells with a year to go on his contract, would we have settled for pick 62? By all means make that first offer, but there can't be any surprise Sydney want more. In what walk of life do you get something for less than it's worth?
Were we not going to play wells?

I don't think it's a super draft, more like top 15-20 can't overly be separated. No real standouts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's deeper than normal for certain.
But I don't think it has the stand out top end talent either.
The top 5 are not as good as most years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xerri only wanted to move for greater opportunity.

At the time he was stuck behind Goldy who wasn’t slowing down anytime soon.

A vastly different situation to a player that just wants to get out, even though they are getting playing time.
At the end of 1990 going into 91 Duck went to Adelaide and insisted he get transferred there for their inaugural year.

That’s a fact not many know, he was homesick.

Miller said get back to Arden St or your not getting paid 😂

Worked out ok!

Last edited:
Xerri only wanted to move for greater opportunity.

At the time he was stuck behind Goldy who wasn’t slowing down anytime soon.

A vastly different situation to a player that just wants to get out, even though they are getting playing time.
We just traded in CCJ to pair with and replace Goldie. X out trained him to win that spot.

At the end of 1990 going into 91 Duck went to Adelaide and insisted he get transferred there for their inaugural year.

Imagine gets homesick for a shit country town - go live in Moe then

Worked out ok!
A few years late Modra went missing from Adelaide to go and play with his brothers in the Sunraysia league. He got a stern talking to and dragged back to Adelaide in the end, too.

Maybe but he’s also contracted and not actively looking around

And dogs don’t care what his perceived value is

They just know what they want to let him go
Dogs do care. He's not a required player now - no matter what noises they are making - they are playing hard to get as they want an offer. IMO they'd be happy for him to go and they want us to pay for the privilige.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back