Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Rioli is contracted too, Richmond can and should demand a premium.
Pick six isn't just a premium. Pick 13 would be a premium. And more.

I just googled him up to see his age, turns out he isn't even a footy player. He's an "internet personality".

Trade period is so quiet today that RooSteve19 has resorted to ripping off Nostra's trade suggestion.
View attachment 2136274
He didn't know what a Konstanty was before this week. Roosteve19 suggested that we picked up N.Watson in the 2023 mid season draft lol

Last edited:

Speaking to AFL.com.au's Gettable on Monday, Sydney list boss Chris Keane suggested talks on Parker's value wouldn't be as simple as a swap of later selections.

"It's not as straightforward as other people think," Keane said.

"We'll get to work with North Melbourne and go through that. He's obviously a very valuable player for us and has been over the journey. He's been a star of our football club and probably more widely the AFL community as well.

"I think [the deal] just needs to represent the fact that he's contracted and the opportunity North Melbourne is providing him."

The opportunity North is providing him has presented itself because Sydney won't give him the same opportunity. Effectively they've shown their hand and by doing so have devalued him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CARLTON pair Matt Kennedy and Lewis Young look more likely to remain at the Blues, with no firm takers for the contracted duo.​

Kennedy and Young were encouraged to explore their trade options.
How do Clubs “encourage”players to do this I wonder . Do they say “don’t take this the wrong way but can you leave”. Must make the player feel great lol.

I hadn’t thought through until reading the news today that Collingwood’s list strategy is going ahead without a head of football and by a guy (Leppitsch) who has never done this job before. So no surprises if it doesn’t all seem quite sensible.

Just out of interest, has there ever been a year where prior to the draft people were saying it was a strong draft, and it actually turned out to be one? Or the opposite? It appears to me like predicting the strength or depth of a draft involving a pack of 17 year olds is mostly pure guesswork.
Draft watchers get over excited about every batch imo.
If it's a poor year a reasonable player may look a jet because he's playing against spuds.
But on the flipside the quality of the games in this years carnival was very good so I doubt it's a poor year. It does seem to have depth.
I've said it before.
This draft has 10 pick 6s and then 45 second rounders.
It's deep but the top is not as good.
Hence why we are trying to trade 2.

Just out of interest, has there ever been a year where prior to the draft people were saying it was a strong draft, and it actually turned out to be one? Or the opposite? It appears to me like predicting the strength or depth of a draft involving a pack of 17 year olds is mostly pure guesswork.

The lack of standout top picks suggests the talent pool is more even, not necessarily stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back