Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Just out of interest, has there ever been a year where prior to the draft people were saying it was a strong draft, and it actually turned out to be one? Or the opposite? It appears to me like predicting the strength or depth of a draft involving a pack of 17 year olds is mostly pure guesswork.
I recall us burning picks in 2005 citing 2006 as a strong draft. It was.

2000 was forecast a weak draft but it was probably our best ever effort.

2001 the opposite. Future HOFers everywhere, rated highly and we managed to flame out. The one player we got right had the career highlights of 3 premierships for another club.

Fantasy Offer GIF by Dynasty Drunks

I hadn’t thought through until reading the news today that Collingwood’s list strategy is going ahead without a head of football and by a guy (Leppitsch) who has never done this job before. So no surprises if it doesn’t all seem quite sensible.
Yeah it look crazy but with so many old players , they’re giving it one crack to win another flag.
Will be a few years before they are in the premiership window

Just out of interest, has there ever been a year where prior to the draft people were saying it was a strong draft, and it actually turned out to be one? Or the opposite? It appears to me like predicting the strength or depth of a draft involving a pack of 17 year olds is mostly pure guesswork.
Here's the rough guide.

Late September/early October: ****ing stacked draft, tons of talent, all 76 of them will win Brownlows

Late October/early November: Few lads dropping off, maybe only 45 of them will win Brownlows

Draft night: Just like every other draft, with some shit spread in amongst the good. Blindfolded dart throwing has never been more scientific

Nick Butler on 10 news said Carlton are dropping out of the race for Houston
So Port are sticking to their guns - and as much as I hate that I agree with Port, this is what should happen when a player is under contract. They are already doing him a favour being open to a trade to Victoria, there are 10 teams here, best offer wins.

As I said, doing the Darling trade so early pretty much guaranteed the Swans would try to fleece us on Parker.

If an unwanted guy in shit form at a shit club who will be playing decoy warrants a 4th rounder, then a wanted guy at a grand finalist who we are entrusting to lead and teach the midfield at we have poured so much capital into is with a lot more than that.
Darling should have come with a second rounder attached

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offer up pick two, that should about do it where Port are not interested in future picks
We are asking for Houston, not Butters. You campaigners owe us one anyway with your tarpies bullshit draft collusion. You campaigners should settle for a second round pick and 4 MG shit boxes parked up in the driveway

They might back themselves next year to rise high enough to make that trade. * future first might have some value to clubs like GC or Freo to get back into the first round this year.

9 For Houston

Pick 8 this year and hold our future first.
I would be happy for us to try and offload that future first to Gold Coast for this years Pick 13, even if it’s only to **** with Collingwoods plans LOL

I’m not sure about 9 and 13 for 2 but it’s not horrible and it has the added bonus of ****ing Collingwood over.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back