Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Brissie mate pointed out the following trade they made for Hodge, which I don't think is insanely different from the Parker scenario.
Yes, Parker has a year to run on a contract, but they've also made it pretty clear that he's not in their future plans, trade off for him being in contract, is we're taking his wage off their books.

Giving up a pick in the 40s would be pretty rich.

1728557604658.png

Brissie mate pointed out the following trade they made for Hodge, which I don't think is insanely different from the Parker scenario.
Yes, Parker has a year to run on a contract, but they've also made it pretty clear that he's not in their future plans, trade off for him being in contract, is we're taking his wage off their books.

View attachment 2137542

Hadn’t Hodge retired before going to Bris?

View attachment 2137542
According to draftguru's calculator...we have the exact pick for the Parker trade:
1728559542442.png
1728559564233.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately clubs no longer do this

But yes imagine walking a gun out of contract player to the psd (eg bailey smith)
Time to get tough and grow a set F:ck the AFL and the other 17 clubs.
This a Fu:king business not a sport anymore if we continue the be WOKE NICE then we won’t be going anywhere.
This club needs to become a bunch of Allen Funts to get respect back as we atm the joke of the sport in all aspects.
If there’s a player we want and can’t get a deal done then walk them to the PSD and if anyone complains tell them To go and get F:cked mind your own business and worry about your own clubs.

This a Fu:king business not a sport anymore if we continue the be WOKE NICE then we won’t be going anywhere.
This club needs to become a bunch of Allen Funts to get respect back as we atm the joke of the sport in all aspects.
If there’s a player we want and can’t get a deal done then walk them to the PSD and if anyone complains tell them To go and get F:cked mind your own business and worry about your own clubs.

Damn our woke trading strategies 🤡

If we get Houston or not, Daniel still needs to be realistic. If they want this years second rounder, we just develop what we have in those areas. If we can't split 2, that second rounder will be our KPP prospect from this draft.
Maybe, maybe not. If we are prepared to go down three or four spots on the draft ladder then I doubt very much we are going to take another midfielder because if we did like one of the gun mids, then we wouldn't be doing this because there is a chance he would be gone. Another question arises in the form of "what if our draft whiteboard has someone else at the top and it isn't a midfielder?

I guess the one component here is splitting/keeping/trading in future first to actually see what picks we are going into the draft with but either way no matter what happens, if things don't pan out, we are not then going to draft a gun mid because the player we like we can't get at a later pick, we won't be playing "devil's advocate" in this instance, on the worst case scenario and we just have pick 2, in that top section we will pick our player, make no bones about that.

I think whether its a future first or splitting our pick 2, one of these will happen but if not we won't be looking elsewhere. We just can't be choosing top mids all the time, and now we can choose a gun key forward in this draft say "nah, we will pick one up in the second round where possibly the top two or three key forwards are gone, if we are going to prioritise talent then why should it just be confined to midfielders?

Don't get me wrong I love Finn, Sam, Sid, Jagga, Langford, and Smillie offer us a different kind of midfielder, if one of these boys became a "Roo", I guarantee you I would love that player as I do, like the rest of our boys!

The deal is done. Houston has had three weeks to say he's open to playing for North, and shut down any of the Collingwood/Carlton talk. He's using us so piss him off. Our offer couldn't be better. If he was just happy to play in Victoria, he'd have signed with us by now.
Yep.

He's got the choice of two big melbourne clubs, stay at a top four club or us. Unfortunately, our chances were never good.

Last edited:
Allen Funt!

I haven’t heard that name in years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back