List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Comes to internet forum wanting mail. When mail doesn’t align to what they want, they ask for source.

Rinse. Repeat.
It's a pretty standard follow up question. No need to get defensive.

Do you know someone who works at North?
Do you know someone who is close to Houston?

Do you really expect to come on the internet and make grand statements and have nobody ask where you heard it?

Another unhinged clown.

So Bread McKenzie is the equivalent of Dan Houston.

Have a lay down mate.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gun key forwards and gun midfield beasts win grand finals. Small fwds and half back flankers get you into finals and then they get exposed when shit gets real.

Exhibit A hawthorn
Exhibit B Sydney
Exhibit C Port Tarpelaide

Diluting pick 2 and / or what will be pick 3-6 with 4-8 wins if ole mate Housten is racking up 30 on a back flank in 2025 is delusional short term Rubbish

Pick 2 is a generational club changing pick
Kelly
Petracca
Schache
Taranto
Bradshaw
Lukosius
Anderson
Tilthorpe
Darcy
Ashcroft
McKercher

Houston ain't at that level.

Gun key forwards and gun midfield beasts win grand finals. Small fwds and half back flankers get you into finals and then they get exposed when shit gets real.

Exhibit A hawthorn
Exhibit B Sydney
Exhibit C Port Tarpelaide

Diluting pick 2 and / or what will be pick 3-6 with 4-8 wins if ole mate Housten is racking up 30 on a back flank in 2025 is delusional short term Rubbish

Kelly
Petracca
Schache
Taranto
Bradshaw
Lukosius
Anderson
Tilthorpe
Darcy
Ashcroft
McKercher

Scott Gumbleton, Harley Bennell, Jono O'Rourke, things of that nature.

Schache
Lukosius

I rate you choppy. But these two show how much of a crapshoot it is.

If we can somehow split 2 into multiple f1s and grab Houston whilst maintaining a top 6 pick this year and our keep our F1 for next year we are laughing.

we need pieces everywhere, and the modern game is driven by half backs driving the footy. I dare say if Houston plays that finals series port are in the GF

Pretty obvious we couldn't offer the points this year from 28 and 40 that Bombres wanted for 9.
Offering our F1 (top 4 pick), 25 and 44 for pick 9 and future swaps would've been excessive.
Demons can afford to pay that price given they've already built their side and are likely banking on their F1 being 11-16 if they are a finals team next year (jury out on this) and probably only take two picks to the draft anyway.

We're not quite in that position to just take two picks in a draft like the Dees will likely do.
I certainly hope we don't give up 25 for Daniel without something coming back (35 and 48).
I would rather take a key position player at 25 than pursue Daniel, but it could be clickbait throw at the stumps from Ralphy so I won't get too pissed off until something happens.

Does Neale go to the lions if Cameron doesn’t go there the previous year
Or Dunkley/daniher join there if they aren’t a club on the rise.

This is why we NEED to chase Houston as hard as we can - it could be a domino effect of players coming in.
ok I’d love the player we’re chasing to be a bit younger and probably a gun forward but beggars can’t be choosers
Housten is a dime a dozen shit truck

You don't dilute a pick 2 Judd Martin Sheezel opportunity for a HBF that you can get as a free agency

You can’t be serious can you?

Whilst I’m sure the club thought they were doing all they could (a generous assumption), hindsight points to that it was as bad a run football club as we will see. At that time, David Noble was our coach (no longer in the AFL). Ben Amarfio our CEO (no longer in the AFL). Brady Rawlings was our GM of Footy (demoted and survived because of his association with the club). Tarryn Thomas his closest friend (no longer in the AFL).

Jason was/is immature. However, anyone arguing that the club provided him the best possible support to set him up for success in our state and football club is f*kn delusional.
Horne can **** off

Compare it to Sheezel or Wardlaw

He shat his pants when finals heat was applied this year and last year

Anyone who thinks that pissant has any excuse is delusional

Chucking a hissy onfield against Goldy
**** off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are spending too much time watching old VCRs of the 1990's. A key forward hasn't won the Norm Smith for 35 years - even then his team lost.

It's a pretty standard follow up question. No need to get defensive.

Do you know someone who works at North?
Do you know someone who is close to Houston?

Do you really expect to come on the internet and make grand statements and have nobody ask where you heard it?
Yeah I don’t see it as defensive, I just think it’s a silly question.

Without getting all philosophical, I joined bigfooty as I enjoyed the snippets of “ITK” that would sometimes trickle through. I share a fraction of what I hear in a watered down matter that doesn’t get myself or others in trouble, but also “gives back” to those that have shared info on here in the past that I have enjoyed reading. Always happy for people to ignore.

There’s no doubt that there’s been a reduction in “ITK” across this forum in recent years which is unfortunate. However, it’s not surprising when people consider “who is your source” as a “standard follow up question”.

Cling to whatever hope you can I suppose. I’m saying it’s fact. If you don’t like my “mail” the ignore button is there for you to use!
"Mail"
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Correct this board’s obsession with draft picks is nauseating.

Let’s be realistic. Another bottom 3 finish next year start watching the exodus of high picks like George and Zane.

Supporters have had enough. We have a to get better quick.

Getting Houston and Caleb Daniel would give us a chance of getting off the bottom. Let’s

Correct this board’s obsession with draft picks is nauseating.

Let’s be realistic. Another bottom 3 finish next year start watching the exodus of high picks like George and Zane.

Supporters have had enough. We have a to get better quick.

Getting Houston and Caleb Daniel would give us a chance of getting off the bottom. Let’s take it.
As if George and Zane would leave

Could have been us.
Too many on here having a sook about trading F1
People get set in their ways and sometimes its very hard to change even when the right time comes along, they will unfortunately make an argument that that current year is not the time to do it and if you look back on the majority of them every year its the same, 'what if's', that is insane to do it this year because....., but ? Not all but quite a few will still be saying the same thing in five years time, no matter how we are traveling.

I say this as a person who has said this same thing to people over the years when people have said lets trade our future first, every time I've said now is not the RIGHT time to do it, there will come that time, trust me. Now whether we do it or not, now is that time, if we can get the right deal.🤨

If we do trade in a future first, wait for the negativity to unfold and the first thing that goes a little pear shaped, they will bring this trade up and unleash, not many people have patience, calmness, self-restraint and composure, do they sound familiar/the same, maybe that's because they are, we have been through a fair bit probably triple that for the players, so we are on a journey, we must try and remember we are building and 2025 I think we will win more games than some think we will and I'm not one of these people who think everything's fine and we are going to be okay, hard work + patience and confidence are the keys.

The trade period is nearly over, the last three days then we focus on the draft, I know I've said it a few times but from my point of view this draft and who we bring in is possibly the most important in our history especially from where we are now, we must nail this draft and I think we will blow it out of the water, forget the naysayers they are not important, Will Thursfield & Brady will get this spot on, last year showed me their thinking and they nailed that draft, they are going to do it again, its a feeling. Its funny I hear someone saying "yeah well that was easy cause we had five first round picks and look what we have this year, lets see how we go"! Lets indeed, bring it on!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back