List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Tbf, you were a bit off with the Sheez injury. Sometimes the best inside word is wrong, despite the best intentions.
Yeah I was told syndesmosis, funnily enough by a current player. Given he was in a moon boot and missed the last two games of the season, I don’t think we were really told the severity of the ankle in the end, but I’m glad it wasn’t a 3 month injury.

This.

People can say those late losses of 96 and 124 points don't matter "because the boys had checked out/had nothing to play for/were fatigued" but this shit comes back to haunt us. It leaves a lasting impression of the team in the eyes of the footy world, that stinks up the pre season.

Any player with a competitive streak worth his salt would be hesitant.
And they can piss off

The 15 first round draft puck on the list need to grow up and be men

Yes we’ve got the dozen shit trucks - would be great to get a Houston
We have 15 round 1 draft picks

We have the opportunity to get another 4 in the next 13 months

We have have had 15 years of getting pick 8-18 draft picks that has led to 15 years of mediocrity

Two years

Just hold

We need to be stingy with our current top 30 picks.

If clubs have players angling towards wanting out, they will bite on something less than what is reported.

Hold, North. Hold.
Just let me know when Houston is in the car boot

Umm, but you were previously saying that staying at Port is not an option for Houston. If all parties know we can get a deal done but he's reluctant because we're shit, doesn't that mean he'll stay at Port? Which you said wasn't happening?
Literally everyone here who pretends to have info is so clearly full of shit and absolute weirdos

New Jon Ralph:

Key lines appear to be these... (I assume he meant Roos instead of Dogs)

As a show of their determination to recruit him the [Roos] would be prepared to use pick 25 in some manner to secure the [Caleb Daniel], even if it was only part of a multi-club deal.
His status as a contracted player means the [Roos] would have to in essence give overs to secure him.
They are hopeful of securing four ready-made players as well as taking that top two pick.

That reads like we're prepared to only take one player in the ND! :oops:
It may seem like it but I doubt our delisting is finished, every team must take 3 players and yes you can delist players and redraft them on a promise and hope no one picks them up, but in the deepest draft I've ever seen I'm sure we will have a few more picks.

So how do we realistically get Houston done?

Not sure the Dees trade 5 & 9 for 2 + F2. They obviously have key targets and gaps to fill in an even draft.
I've been reflecting on this, and I think the most obvious starting points would be Melbourne, GC, and Richmond.

Either something around
1) Melbourne's 5 & 9 for our F1 and 2
2) Gold Coast's 13 and 23/29 for our F1
3) Some combination of Richmond's 6, 10, 11, 18 & 20 (once Rioli and Bolton deals are done) for 2 and ?

I know pick 13 from Gold Coast and a pick in the twenties doesn't sound like a great return for our F1. But we seem to already be offering a F1 for him. And if we took pick 13 off the table for the Pies, then we'd be the only club left offering a 2024 first rounder for Houston. Meaning we might be able to get a Whitlock, Gerreyn or Hannaford along with Houston?

Melbourne's 5 and 9 would be decent too, if we could just give Port 9 for Houston and use 5 on Tauru or Armstrong (which we could very well end up using pick 2 on otherwise anyway).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally everyone here who pretends to have info is so clearly full of shit and absolute weirdos

Well, not absolutely everyone. There are some who have snippets, but in most cases they tend to have the opinion of an insider rather than full inside of club decision-making.

Yeah I don’t see it as defensive, I just think it’s a silly question.

Without getting all philosophical, I joined bigfooty as I enjoyed the snippets of “ITK” that would sometimes trickle through. I share a fraction of what I hear in a watered down matter that doesn’t get myself or others in trouble, but also “gives back” to those that have shared info on here in the past that I have enjoyed reading. Always happy for people to ignore.

There’s no doubt that there’s been a reduction in “ITK” across this forum in recent years which is unfortunate. However, it’s not surprising when people consider “who is your source” as a “standard follow up question”.

I didn't ask "who is your source". I asked what is the source of your information.

The answer could be that Tom Morris just said it, it could be that you heard it yourself from someone who knows.

Umm, but you were previously saying that staying at Port is not an option for Houston. If all parties know we can get a deal done but he's reluctant because we're shit, doesn't that mean he'll stay at Port? Which you said wasn't happening?
Go back and re-read my post and then revisit this

Ok but to return to my initial question...

In what sense are Collingwood frontrunners? Yes I get the argument that Houston would probably prefer to play for them. But they currently have no first rounders. They have no players on the trade table worth first rounders.

They're currently asking for GC's pick 13 + 23 for Noble (!!!) and the Pies' F1. That's insane. Even by Gold Coast's MO of trade season insanity, I would be amazed if that deal happened. Not least because St Kilda, Carlton, and Hawthorn are all offering their F1 and F2 for pick 13 alone.

If Collingwood can't get that deal with Gold Coast, they have nothing to offer Port.
They’re front runners because Houston and his management are instructing Port to prioritise a deal with the Pies.

They know what they’re getting with us.
Pies are front runners until they pull out.

Gun key forwards and gun midfield beasts win grand finals. Small fwds and half back flankers get you into finals and then they get exposed when shit gets real.

Exhibit A hawthorn
Exhibit B Sydney
Exhibit C Port Tarpelaide

Diluting pick 2 and / or what will be pick 3-6 with 4-8 wins if ole mate Housten is racking up 30 on a back flank in 2025 is delusional short term Rubbish

Pick 2 is a generational club changing pick
Kelly
Petracca
Schache
Taranto
Bradshaw
Lukosius
Anderson
Tilthorpe
Darcy
Ashcroft
McKercher

Houston ain't at that level.

Petracca is the only 'generational' talent on that list with a few tbc's on the end...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brady needs to get a roll on. Our options are limiting with splitting pick 2, and getting the remaining the players we are chasing.

2 > 6 + 13
Our wait for Richmond to finally do their trades
2 > 6 + 11

25 + F3 > Daniel + F2

F1 > 8 (battle compo)

8 + F2 (WB) > Houston

44 > Parker (maybe throw in Konstanty)

Draft with 6 and 11. Stevens F/S with 62..

They’re front runners because Houston and his management are instructing Port to prioritise a deal with the Pies.

They know what they’re getting with us.
Pies are front runners until they pull out.
Right. But if I want to buy my neighbour's house, and they would rather sell it to me rather than some random, but I have no money and there's someone out there offering significantly more than the market rate, that doesn't make me the frontrunner.

Ergo Houston can instruct Port to prioritise a deal with the Pies all he likes, but that has no bearing on whether they're a frontrunner because he's contracted and Port are demanding a decent return, and he's accepted that.

So if the Pies can't find the draft capital, and honestly its looking more likely they won't, then its down to Port or North.

That's just logic.

I would just like to make a point that for once I appreciate the club getting on the front foot and making enquiries of rival players.

With Houston, we were the first club to reach out and ask the question.

Now to anyone who follows world football, the transfer market works in a similar manner but on steroids.

For example a club like Aston Villa or Leverkusen could make enquiries into a talented player and that players agent will set a price.

The issue is if a Real Madrid or Man City gets wind of this, they can hijack the deal and the original club has laid the ground work and done all the scouting for nothing. That player is chasing success.

Our chase of Houston is similar to that but obviously on a much smaller scale.

We asked the question and are an option, but sadly he’d rather consider landing at Melbourne, Carlton or Collingwood.

We’re not winners. Until we prove ourselves to be we’re asking prospective talent to take a punt on us and that only goes so far.

They changed the matching system since then though. I don’t know exactly what to, I just know that it’s different. Iirc it’s about trying to stop clubs from stockpiling late picks to match bids.
It was relatively similar to today's system then we just stuffed it. Instead of trading the pick
I've been reflecting on this, and I think the most obvious starting points would be Melbourne, GC, and Richmond.

Either something around
1) Melbourne's 5 & 9 for our F1 and 2
2) Gold Coast's 13 and 23/29 for our F1
3) Some combination of Richmond's 6, 10, 11, 18 & 20 (once Rioli and Bolton deals are done) for 2 and ?

I know pick 13 from Gold Coast and a pick in the twenties doesn't sound like a great return for our F1. But we seem to already be offering a F1 for him. And if we took pick 13 off the table for the Pies, then we'd be the only club left offering a 2024 first rounder for Houston. Meaning we might be able to get a Whitlock, Gerreyn or Hannaford along with Houston?

Melbourne's 5 and 9 would be decent too, if we could just give Port 9 for Houston and use 5 on Tauru or Armstrong (which we could very well end up using pick 2 on otherwise anyway).
No chance we trade pick 2 and F1 for 5 and 9. That would be insane overs

Right. But if I want to buy my neighbour's house, and they would rather sell it to me rather than some random, but I have no money and there's someone out there offering significantly more than the market rate, that doesn't make me the frontrunner.

Ergo Houston can instruct Port to prioritise a deal with the Pies all he likes, but that has no bearing on whether they're a frontrunner because he's contracted and Port are demanding a decent return, and he's accepted that.

So if the Pies can't find the draft capital, and honestly its looking more likely they won't, then its down to Port or North.

That's just logic.
Brother I hear you and I genuinely believe we’re in agreement on this.
I just believe the Pies will end up coughing up enough to satisfy Port. That’s just my gut feeling.
They mostly always end up getting their man.

Yes the logically choice is us but until the Pies are done, we sit and wait.
Like I said, Houston’s preference is a contending club and until he nominates a specific club we see how this pans out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back