List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

The core elements of the deal would have seen the Pies secure Houston and pick 58 for their future first-rounder and John Noble.

The Suns would have landed Noble, Port Adelaide and Collingwood’s future first-rounders and pick 39, and the Power would have got Jack Lukosius, Rory Atkins, Joe Richards and picks 13, 29 and 36.

But on Monday night, the Power was adamant the deal was insufficient and was threatening to trade Houston to North Melbourne. The Roos have offered a future first-rounder as part of a deal.

The Power’s view is that having agreed to trade Houston back to Victoria, they are not willing to accept a lesser Collingwood offer when the Roos’ deal is clearly of a higher quality.

The only wrinkle in accepting a Roos 2025 first-rounder for Houston is that the Power would prefer 2024 selections instead of future picks.

It remains to be seen if the Magpies and Suns can restructure aspects of the trade deal to resuscitate it, but the Power believed they were being strong-armed by Houston’s camp to accept a lesser deal.

Gold Coast was on Monday night threatening to trade the No.13 draft pick to a rival party if the trade fell over, given huge demand for that selection.

And the Houston camp was furious that a trade that had seemed over the line on Monday night had now seemed to have flatlined.

Absolutely. We've been generally poor in the trade space as long as I can remember. (For reference, I don't think I knew what the trade season was until the late nineties)

But blaming Clarko, Viney and Rawlings for that is a bit like blaming Coltrane for Miles Davis' patchy early years.
I don't know if anyone is blaming Clarko et al, but the reason you would go back to 2017 is that shows you how we got to where we are now. The picture doesn't get any better if you roll back further.
I like Logue. Tucker I'll take as steak knives. Fisher, Stephens, not so much. We'll see what the future holds.
You do realise Birth of the Cool is a compilation of Miles Davis earliest recordings as band leader?

I'm told Atkins doesn't want to leave his brother's behind. Do you mean leave his brothers behind? The apostrophe between the r and s means a whole different thing? 😳
There are some dark and nasty places on Bigfooty you can go for that reference..
Or some websites… to your own preference

From me it's not.
He may have heard from Port but I haven't so it's third hand at best.
I'd do Goad for soldo in isolation.
Feck project rucks clogging the list.
No. Keep Goad. We'll need somebody developing below Xerri, not a cooked 28 year old. We've got CCJ already.

This is just so embarrassing now.

No one can beat our offer yet there’s still no commitment from Houston and they’re still working with the pies/blues instead , which proves he doesn’t want to come to us.

Need to have some dignity here. We should have given a timeline and then moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'm told Atkins doesn't want to leave his brother's behind."
Do you mean leave his brothers behind? The apostrophe between the r and s means a whole different thing? 😳
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

And if you still don't know, well, don't Google the Atkins brothers...

Chom was awful 1v1 but he can nearly play pure intercept with Griff back in taking second best forward.

He’s a novice to AFL defending. I’m sure there’s quite a bit of improvement there. Particularly if he’s working with Logue.

Remember the recycled players of the 90s?

Grant, Bell, Abraham, Roberts, Blakey, Laidley, Scott, Clayton, Nicholls, Armstrong, Ischenko, Pike. Not many of them superstars in their own right, but were lucky and able to slot into settled team full of stars and a simple game plan where they knew exactly what their role was.

Any ‘role player’ joining from another club in last 7 years has joined a team as settled as a blue arsed fly, pre-destining their eventual failure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That and the 90s players were much better.

This is just so embarrassing now.

No one can beat our offer yet there’s still no commitment from Houston and they’re still working with the pies/blues instead , which proves he doesn’t want to come to us.

Need to have some dignity here. We should have given a timeline and then moved on.
I don't see this "embarrassing" angle.
It's seems like he'd prefer to go to a side that is expected to play finals next year and we're not that yet.

I don't want Brady to make decisions based on worrying about embarrassment for trying.

What I'd do for Houston.
F1 and Goad and ccj (we pay full salary) for
Houston and soldo.
Port get a couple of south Australians.
We dump ccj and a project ruck for far better ruck cover.
Not Goad! We haven't given him a chance. CCJ for Soldo, sure. I'd even throw them a future fourth.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back