Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

"This trade period has been the most boring I can remember, with everyone struggling to find something to talk about"

Tom Morris: I'll take that as a compliment.

LMAO

Is Brady Rawlings still sleeping? Not a single word about us today

All I want to know is where are we at with Hunter Clark

There is no need to do a deal for Pick 2 now. Let the dust settle and let clubs get more excited as the draft gets closer.

I think there will be someone who will bite at that Pick 2 to secure they player they want.

With the draft being so even I am assuming it will be hard to predict where players will go, so if a club has an absolute hard on for a particular player early they might just trade to make sure they get them.

Exactly what I was saying, mate...
Unless someone knocks with a great offer in the next few weeks, wait to see who Rich takes at 1 and then field all calls for 2. Someone will bite and bite hard imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has the footy world gone mad or just West Coast, they need a gun mid, imagine either Jagga / Sid / Finn / Sam / Josh or Langford in their team and they just traded it all away for one mid range pick and baker? More to play out but bloody oath if 100% of Eagles supporters don't bring down bigfooty again, I'll be very surprised. The West Coast headquarters is now under armed guard and at Alberton, Port supporters are very close to losing their sh*t, we are still five weeks to the national draft, good grief!

They also had the ability this year to add potentially a FOS or Lalor a Vic Country team mate of Harley last year to their list and help solidify Harley moving forward. As it stands now l think this trade makes Harley move vulnerable to be poached.

Its not a move the needle move with undersized B graders coming in for pick 3

Someone just spotted T.Viney in WA...
Whats Up GIF by Better Call Saul

Agreed. Do not trade 2 or F1 for anyone or any pick. We are trading away a Sheezel, a Wardlaw or a McKercher if we do that. And we get back what exactly? An AA player with 4-5 years left in his career?

Let me ask this: would anyone prefer

Houston

over

J Smith
Lalor
O'Sullivan
Armstrong
Tauru
or the 2025 equivalent?

A high quality player with 4 to 5 years left at the top level versus a high quality player with 10-12 years left at the top level? It's nonsense to suggest the former option is better.

Take 2 to the draft and take F1 to next years' draft. Please.

Yes, I would.

Houston is a jet.

That is known. What isn't known is what the players listed will do over their AFL careers.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viney in WA to bring Harley Reid home.

#2, F1, and Powell

Make it happen Euge.
Sounds like if you are going to get a trade done with the Eagles, get it done now LOL!

Trading Reid would send their supporter group over the top LOL

Not sure the List Manager would survive the day?

We don't have that much to do... Parker should be easy with 44 and Houston might not be relevant

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he's refering to Dogs having to finalize McRae and Smith deals

Sounds like if you are going to get a trade done with the Eagles, get it done now LOL!

Trading Reid would send their supporter group over the top LOL

Not sure the List Manager would survive the day?

If you're gonna get lynched no matter what, then go out in a blaze of glory!

Anyone feeling nothings going to happen till 2pm tomorrow when Rawling wakes up and smashes out all the possible trades.

Reid memes aside, I think it's going to be a very boring trade deadline for NMFC and I strongly, strongly, strongly encourage people to stop engaging with the trade radio/AFL media hype machine that tries to convince people that this is like the NBA in terms of exciting list-management happenings.

It's not.

It's as though the current regime think the only way to improve our list is via early picks & recycled fringe players.
No, it is because Picks 30-45 take longer to develop typically, and we don't want to be losing LDU or wait till Larkey retires before those draftees are ready to contribute in a meaningful way. There comes a time when you need to start to worry about winning, knowing that the building blocks are in place and are just about ready to deliver. There are a few holes remaining and those need to be filled with ready-made players if we want to get back to being a football club instead of player development facility.

Someone just spotted T.Viney in WA...

North has offered Harley Reid 1.6 million a year for 10 years. We will give West Coast pick 2 and F1

Todd's found a small shop in Cottesloe that sells flux capacitors on the cheap. He's going to get one, put it into his DeLorean, go back to Bellerive Oval in Round 24, 2023 and lock Nick Larkey into a cupboard so we lose to Gold Coast and get Harley Reid for nothing,

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back