List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Bon Jovi Pink GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Let me know if you need more hints
Eddie Izzard? Are we considering paying out Ford?

It might sound excessive, but I think if we did that deal and finished bottom 4 next year that would be the absolute nail in the coffin on Brady's time at the club.

Pick 2 + (likely at best) pick 5 for 6 + 11 is an absolutely garbage trade, no matter how much spin is put on the difference between the drafts.

I'm still holding out hope that it's rubbish though.

99 out of every 100 articles like this are pure made up fantasy.

Besides, nothing we’ve done in the trading space since the ‘22 trade period suggests that we’ll piss away an early draft pick for shits and giggles.

Can you say with any level of confidence that we won’t end up going ahead with something like that though?

That’s the concern for me. Whilst I think it’s an incredibly lopsided deal, I’m not certain the club won’t do it.
I don’t know. I’m thinking of locking myself away for a few weeks so I don’t have to think about it. I wouldn’t even do 2 for 6 and 10 and I know I’m in the minority there, so I’ll be disappointed with most outcomes if we trade by the looks. Brady hasn’t made too many glaring mistakes on draft night has he…so I’m hopeful we don’t do anything like the proposed trade. It’s quite possibly the most lopsided deal I’ve ever seen 😂

Someone needs to tell Brady that f1 is off limits unless it’s for a top 6 pick
No worries I'm on it.

There's a sniper currently on the roof of Nick Theodossi's waiting for a signal.

Duck Yeah and a couple of his dodgy mates are in an unmarked car in Fogarty Street and three of those cauliflower ear Rugby brutes are hiding behind bushes at the Pool next door.

So if Schnoz makes a false move with our F1 - it's a deadset turkey shoot.

Little bit of digging and to the absolute shock of no one I’m sure, the author Chris Cavanagh is actually a tigers supporter. Incredible really lol.

Edit: both journos attached to this are Tigers supporters. It actually is a fanfic. 😂

They've all got the horn over the idea that the Tigers will have a billion first rounders and will write anything to add to the haul. You only have to read what gets vomited out of Barrett's keyboard whenever someone rattles his cage - he's leading the charge on Richmond's first rounder bounty being so similar to what GWS or GC has, when it's not even close. Ralph is also terrible for this.

Richmond more picks = Richmond are better = Richmond win more games = HS/AFL journos get to write more stories about Richmond = more HS subscriptions/AFL website clicks

If we had Richmond's draft haul they wouldn't write shit about it

Wouldnt be surprised if the club is in negotiations with Stephenson or CCJ to shake hands and move on.

Port just did it with Clurey.
Think this was instigated by clurey is going to the weagles for more opportunity.
Really don’t know why they just didn’t trade pick 100 for him then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've all got the horn over the idea that the Tigers will have a billion first rounders and will write anything to add to the haul. You only have to read what gets vomited out of Barrett's keyboard whenever someone rattles his cage - he's leading the charge on Richmond's first rounder bounty being so similar to what GWS or GC has, when it's not even close. Ralph is also terrible for this.

Richmond more picks = Richmond are better = Richmond win more games = HS/AFL journos get to write more stories about Richmond = more HS subscriptions/AFL website clicks

If we had Richmond's draft haul they wouldn't write shit about it

We basically have had Richmond’s draft haul, only spread out over 2 years.

In ‘22 and ‘23, we took 8 players, all inside the top 26. And we’re adding at least 1 more this year. In that time Richmond had 4 picks all the 40’s and 50’s.

Hope that pick swap article with the tigers is inaccurate.

2 & future 1st for 6 & 11 is absolute dogshit.
Giving them a 4 pick upgrade for essentially nothing and handing over a F1 (likely to be 2-6 in next years draft) for pick 11.

Not even Gold Coast would entertain that deal.

I feel like the 2 and F1 for 6 and 11 or the 2 and F1 for 5 and 9 are only the bones to the deal, and there will be a bit of meat to come for us, as surely we are over paying.
'Overpaying' is not a concept Brady feels uncomfortable with.

Given how much we have signalled to the market that we are desperate to trade back into this draft then the above outcome is very likely.

We will be boned and we all know that is going to happen.

Can anyone explain to me a good reason, and not ‘AFL clicks’, why the pick trading period goes for so long? Genuinely curious.
List managers usually have multiple strategies and plans to implement. If one falls through, they are open to a different avenue.

It gives them freedom to still get what they need or make the most of the draft period until the player's name is up on the screen.

Hope that pick swap article with the tigers is inaccurate.

2 & future 1st for 6 & 11 is absolute dogshit.
I've openly set my expectations pretty low for the returns we'd get for 2, and even so, I find it hard to believe Schnoz would agree to that trade as reported.

If you added one more late first rounder, it starts to become plausible.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back