List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

It has been reported the Poorta want 2 1st round picks for Houston.
Of course they do.

A 26 year old Buddy Franklin was worth pick 19 at the time.

****in Kockie and his dream academy at Alberton Einstein Oval..

Happy we're into Rosas, he's similar to Owies in a lot of ways but way younger with much more time to improve on his deficiencies. Also he'd be much cheaper than Owies

Port have bent us over in our last 3 trades with them (or at minimum under paid with the pick swap). And the 4 last trade we did with them we had to sent the bloke through the ND.

F*** trading with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘DJ KHALEDDDDD! Another one!’

proceeds to ruling name out on our whiteboard

Physical Therapy Funk GIF by rehab2perform

You know what I don't get.

Richmond have lost

-their senior coach, who immediately took a job with a rival club
-their CEO, who was poached by a club that doesn't exist yet
-their 3x Norm Smith medal-winning superstar
-their ~800 goal key forward & club talisman
-their long-term best third tall
-their best mid/fwd
-their best HBF, who is being poached by the aforementioned ex-coach
-their best utility player
-their former 3x premiership winning HFF/mid who became a line coach has also quit

And there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of volatility and judgement around them as there was about us when we cut Harvey Petrie NDS and Firrito.
Because they have a plan, 100k members, won 3 premierships 4-7 years ago.
It's an obvious change to the club that needs to happen.
Watch Richmond get another 2-3 firsts this year and jump ahead of us in the rebuild.

Doh! That's right, I got him confused with Moyle. Graham's the one stuck behind Ballard. Shows how much GC VFL I watch.
Let’s hope GC mix it up and send us moyle

It has been reported the Poorta want 2 1st round picks for Houston.
It’s been reported that poorta loo are campaigners - oops that’s now been confirmed

Dees will be selling high.

His injuries were absolutely ****ed and yes the way Melbourne handled it was abysmal.

He clearly has PTSD and has clearly done some soul searching. From the sounds of it football isn't what it once was to him and he has come to the realisation that footy isn't everything. It doesn't seem like you're gonna get that absolute bull at a gate football loving psycho that you'd want for the capital you'd need to give up (and the wage being taken on).

I've not known anyone to go through something like this and come back the same or better. Maybe Sam Docherty?

His management talking about going to big clubs, etc. doesn't exactly help his case that it's entirely a welfare/moral decision.

I feel for the guy, but someone is going to pay a fortune for him and I'd say there's a significant chance he doesn't reach the heights he once did.

It only makes sense for a club having a flag tilt.
I've written and deleted Trac related replies 3 times now..... So hear goes...

Some of you may know I was in a serious boating accident with my kids that left me with a punctured lung with significant bleeding, every rib broken at least twice (they stopped counting at 30), a shattered olecranon, dislocated radius and a few other things. I underwent 2-3 hrs surgery on the side of the road before being airlifted to hospital, lost 2.5ltrs of blood and spent a few days in a coma, then weeks in hospital.

I can tell you 100% I will never be physically or psychologically the same. The psychological stuff may be more pertinent with regard to Trac's situation. I have some degree of PTSD and get anxiety with activities such as riding my bike or even walking on wet surfaces. Anything where there a chance of slipping or having some impact is a real struggle to push through. For example, it took me 12 months before I could will Myself to complete a box jump.

I had a surreal out of body experience, the full white room you hear about, and made a decision to come back. This has left me wondering what is actually after life and even questioning reality. Some days being motivated to perform at the high levels I previously could in work, as a Husband/Father, or even during a basic workout is hard. It's like this inner voice saying "you nearly died mate, it's okay to take it easy." I don't believe I'll ever be as driven and focused on excellence as I was pre-trauma, because at the end of it all, it doesn't mean shit.

It will be an interesting watch to see how Trac goes with his re-entry into professional footy, the physical contact and if it haunts him subconsciously.

Anyways, sorry I got stuck on an 'about me' path without meaning to....

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back