List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone request a trade to north yet? Clarkson not up to any of those cooky ‘stop over at the hardware shop and pick a tool up for me’ like the other year?
We were competing against the reigning premier. I liked the left-field approach.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd offer an overpay to win over Houston. He solves a lot of problems.
Me too.

Problem is I assume pick 2 would be in the equation, and Port have no draft capital before pick 37 to come back our way.

I think we'd need to find a way to split 2 to say GC's 6 and 13.

more likely a poster on this board playing for North next year than Dan Houston

Tom's needing to keep up his Twitter metrics.
I not a big fan of Tom Morris but one thing I’m almost certain of is he gets fed information directly from the AFL. Last trade / draft period there were essentially 2 journos that “broke” news stories Cal Twomey & Tom Morris. If Tom is saying we’re in for Houston then there’s a very good chance we are. Keep an eye on both of them this trade / draft period.

Last edited:
roos_fanatic08 mentioned we’d put an offer to Rosas already.

Curious what the knock on him is from GC’s perspective. Perhaps just list places being tight.
I think it’s just list spots. Maybe they’ve been told they’ll have to cut the extra rookie spots they have. Rosas though will have no shortage of suitors. His talent is undeniable.

By the sounds of things Lukosius, Fiorini, Caleb Graham (contracted), Sam Day, Alex Davies (we should be targeting him too), Joel Jeffrey and a few others might be pushed out the door on top of the obvious delistings like Mahony ect.

I think it’s just list spots. Maybe they’ve been told they’ll have to cut the extra rookie spots they have. Rosas though will have no shortage of suitors. His talent is undeniable.

By the sounds of things Lukosius, Fiorini, Caleb Graham (contracted), Sam Day, Alex Davies (we should be targeting him too), Joel Jeffrey and a few others might be pushed out the door on top of the obvious delistings like Mahony ect.
Agreed, Davies is really good

Lionel Richie Hello GIF

"Well Mr Rosas, as a matter of fact.."
One of the creepiest pop video clips of all time. Keeps sliding up on the blind girl, scuttles away when people approach, then heavy breathing calls, says one word and hangs up. I firmly believe the clay bust she made was intended to be used like a police sketch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope the rumour of Houston are true, we could easily offer him so serious coin to get him over the line.

If GC are pushing Rosas out the door we could get him on the cheap too.

Split Pick 2. Offer up one of the picks for Houston. Then take a couple of talls with our existing picks. Take Rosas and Caleb Graham off GC for a F3. Hell I’d take Alex Davies off their hands too. There’s your big bodied defensive midfielder sorted.

Half back, Small forward, inside mid and mature key defensive cover all sorted.

Then we can go to the draft for either class/powerful mids and KPP’s.

This list management caper is easy. Don’t think I’ll even need to hand in my resume to take Brady’s job.

Hope the rumour of Houston are true, we could easily offer him so serious coin to get him over the line.

Split Pick 2. Offer up one of the picks for Houston. Then take a couple of talls with our existing picks. Take Rosas and Caleb Graham off GC for a F3. Hell I’d take Alex Davies off their hands too. There’s your big bodied defensive midfielder sorted.

This list management caper is easy. Don’t think I’ll even need to hand in my resume to take Brady’s job.
Your Hired 👍

I think he'd be looking at Saints first and they'll pay him overs if Battle goes.
Not opposed to splitting 2 if we get something back as you say to grab a key forward or Berry.
I'd prefer to do something with the F1 but its sounds like they want two 1sts and one in this draft.

I think a single F3 for a contracted Rosas and a contracted Graham might be pushing it, but I do like your thinking.

Say North gives 2, F2, and a fourth rounder
GC gives picks 6 and 13, Rosas and Davies (and so they get a pick before Lombard)

pick 6: Houston
pick 13: Armstrong / shanahan
pick 22: Gerreyn
pick 40: Parker
F2 and pick 58: Rosas and Davies
Pick 64: Stevens

I think a single F3 for a contracted Rosas and a contracted Graham might be pushing it, but I do like your thinking.

Say North gives 2, F2, and a fourth rounder
GC gives picks 6 and 13, Rosas and Davies (and so they get a pick before Lombard)

pick 6: Houston
pick 13: Armstrong / shanahan
pick 22: Gerreyn
pick 40: Parker
F2 and pick 58: Rosas and Davies
Pick 64: Stevens

GC have a habit of shifting players (and picks for that matter) out for not much return (See Bowes).

We’d be doing them a favour getting Rosas & Grahams contracts off their books so they can afford to chase Rioli, Noble & whoever else they end up targeting.

GC have a habit of shifting players (and picks for that matter) out for not much return (See Bowes).

We’d be doing them a favour getting Rosas & Grahams contracts off their books so they can afford to chase Rioli, Noble & whoever else they end up targeting.
Well we do need ruck depth! If X goes down with an LTI we'd be in all kinda strife. Just not sure whether Graham, a born and bred Queenslander, would move interstate, just so he can be depth for a different a-grade ruck.

Well we do need ruck depth! If X goes down with an LTI we'd be in all kinda strife. Just not sure whether Graham, a born and bred Queenslander, would move interstate, just so he can be depth for a different a-grade ruck.
Graham is a kpd.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back