List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Public Announcement

Effective immediately, the word ‘cooked’ is officially off the menu!

Please consider alternatives.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Well he’s certainly been marinating for a long time then.

We are far, far too shit as a football club and an organisation to be turning up our noses at an elite trainer who has played 300 games and kicked 532 goals.

Darling 532

Larkey 237
Zurhaar 160
Curtis 55
Duursma 9
Total 461

Imagine how nice it would be for any other young 18 year old key forward drafted (Gerreyn, or Armstrong, or Sims, or whoever) to have a genuine veteran who has been there and done that to work with. Imagine how nice it would be to have (and this is why I was pretty excited about the Membrey rumours) a second forward dragging the second best defender away from Larkey's space. We have all posted pretty hard about the idea that we just dump it on Larkey's head and hope; imagine if theres another genuine threat (no disrespect to Teakle or Pink) to kick to that defenders have to worry about.

We have all complained that there appear to be no standards set by leaders. Let's go get some leaders to help Sheezel set those standards. Who cares if hes trying to top up his super, who cares if he kicks 13 goals for the season. If it means Larkey kicks 60 instead of 48 or Zurhaar kicks 40 instead of 24, I'm all for it.

A starving man isn't turning his nose up at basic bread and water. And brother we are starving
Hungry Feed Me GIF by Jess

You're the one who is throwing out criticism because the club didn't acquire your list of "available" players. It's on you to know that the offers weren't enough.

You expect me to prove that your imaginary scenarios aren't true?

And criticising the club for not trading pick 1 to get Amiss, or not taking Cadman over Sheezel... It's just silliness.

We have Larkey and Comben as KPFs next season. That's pretty good. Larkey was AA last year. Some more depth would be nice but it's not something that needed to be addressed with top 3 draft picks.
This depends on who we get during the trade period...If we get Darling, then l believe Comben will play back, however if we get an experienced backman then he will play forward or alternate...

Surely front half speed is what we are looking for. Not some statuesque aging forward. If we have Chom, Logue, Larkey as the spine then I’d be looking at Will Dawson having more game time and making him the fourth pillar. I thought he looked excellent when he played for an extremely young, skinny Key position. With the exception of the Dogs who have agile talks like JUH and Darcy, no one else is playing giants up forward. Even Carlton have moved Harry up the ground.

I wonder. Pick 2 and 40 to GC for 6, 13 and Rosas

6 and 13 will drop back 2 spots but pick 6 should net us something like Trainor, Langford, Hotton, Lalor, Armstrong and use 13 to get Gerreyn.

Pick 2 gets GC ahead of the Lombard pick and is something Richmond badly want making the Rioli trade easier.

6 and 13 will drop back 2 spots but pick 6 should net us something like Trainor, Langford, Hotton, Lalor, Armstrong and use 13 to get Gerreyn.

Pick 2 gets GC ahead of the Lombard pick and is something Richmond badly want making the Rioli trade easier.
I would try to get Alex Davies too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we meant to care about making the Rioli trade easier?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s been told that he will play mostly in the WAFL next year so they can blood some young guys.

Only offered 1 year.

We can offer 2 years and more opportunity
I'm super keen on the Eagles paying $800k for a guy to play in the WAFL, tbh.

We are far, far too shit as a football club and an organisation to be turning up our noses at an elite trainer who has played 300 games and kicked 532 goals.

Darling 532

Larkey 237
Zurhaar 160
Curtis 55
Duursma 9
Total 461

Imagine how nice it would be for any other young 18 year old key forward drafted (Gerreyn, or Armstrong, or Sims, or whoever) to have a genuine veteran who has been there and done that to work with. Imagine how nice it would be to have (and this is why I was pretty excited about the Membrey rumours) a second forward dragging the second best defender away from Larkey's space. We have all posted pretty hard about the idea that we just dump it on Larkey's head and hope; imagine if theres another genuine threat (no disrespect to Teakle or Pink) to kick to that defenders have to worry about.

We have all complained that there appear to be no standards set by leaders. Let's go get some leaders to help Sheezel set those standards. Who cares if hes trying to top up his super, who cares if he kicks 13 goals for the season. If it means Larkey kicks 60 instead of 48 or Zurhaar kicks 40 instead of 24, I'm all for it.

A starving man isn't turning his nose up at basic bread and water. And brother we are starving

Well said.

I don’t care what anyone says the best leadership, is impact on the field. That’s why guys like Hodge & Lewis were such good buys, because they were still able to contribute and have a real impact. Blokes that are past it and can’t contribute on field are just taking up list spots.

If we want Darling for the off field stuff then recruit him in a development role.
Sure, we need to get Hodge/Lewis types, too. Darling is just one little side move.

We could maybe get him in a development role but we could also use some KPF depth, so may as well get two birds with one stone.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back