List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Darling and stringer…

This is so ****ing depressing.

If stringer somehow ended up in our team I’d be picking a new club.
If you don’t want it to happen, ring McLure and tell him you saw Brady and Stringer in a cafe on Lygon Street

Yesterday I witnessed a traffic accident. A truck carrying thesauruses rolled over. I was horrified, astounded, staggered , startled , overwhelmed , dumbfounded, taken aback, troubled, dismayed, jarred, jolted, aghast, upset , offended, appalled.
But what's another word for thesaurus?

Honestly, if you are a small foward on the fringe, why wouldn’t you be coming to North? RHJ whilst improved pretty much gets a game due to being the only small forward on the list. If you are 5% better than him you are almost guaranteed a full season.
Rosas is a bit different to RHJ too. Robbie is more of a genuine half forward with genuine class, while Rosas is lightening quick, likes a tackle and more suited to playing deeper.

Another medium forward to go with Ford, Duursma, Zurhaar, Curtis, Harvey, George, Taylor.

At this point it feels like Brady made some drunken bet when he arrived that he could construct a premiership side with nothing but half-forward flankers.

If only we were one step towards a premiership.
I don’t like it either. But none of them are consistent enough two games in a row. Regardless of PC’s goals scoring this year, our mid forwards are so ****ing inconsistent.

Why isn’t Rosas getting a game at GC? Seems to be averaging close to two goals a game when he does play..
Would have to be attitude related, you'd think. He's a great talent and would be excellent for us if we somehow managed to pull it off. Don't think Dimma takes kindly to anyone who shows a hint of diva

Maybe Darling would have made some sense if we had of let Zurhaar go (which we should have done).

But now that we have signed Zurhaar why would bring in another guy to do the job we are paying our own guy Zurhaar 800k to do? What an absolute shambles.

Oh and btw - everyone has been quick to write off big Teaks. He will have a full pre season under his belt and he will be much better placed for season 2025 after a quite respectable H2 2024.

It was Teak's inclusion more than anything that lead to our little 4-6 week turnaround - we surprised a few teams with our different look up forward and he was that surprise. Once clubs got wind of this we went back to our normal ways as Clarko wasn't able to adapt. But don't write off Teaks yet - especially for someone like Darling who offers no where near the aerial contest that Teaks does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are far, far too shit as a football club and an organisation to be turning up our noses at an elite trainer who has played 300 games and kicked 532 goals.

Darling 532

Larkey 237
Zurhaar 160
Curtis 55
Duursma 9
Total 461

Imagine how nice it would be for any other young 18 year old key forward drafted (Gerreyn, or Armstrong, or Sims, or whoever) to have a genuine veteran who has been there and done that to work with. Imagine how nice it would be to have (and this is why I was pretty excited about the Membrey rumours) a second forward dragging the second best defender away from Larkey's space. We have all posted pretty hard about the idea that we just dump it on Larkey's head and hope; imagine if theres another genuine threat (no disrespect to Teakle or Pink) to kick to that defenders have to worry about.

We have all complained that there appear to be no standards set by leaders. Let's go get some leaders to help Sheezel set those standards. Who cares if hes trying to top up his super, who cares if he kicks 13 goals for the season. If it means Larkey kicks 60 instead of 48 or Zurhaar kicks 40 instead of 24, I'm all for it.

A starving man isn't turning his nose up at basic bread and water. And brother we are starving
Bang on! Flawed Genius

If the rumours are true and this is who Clarko and Xavier believe will help our future forward structure "learn and evolve", then I'm all for it.

Maybe Darling would have made some sense if we had of let Zurhaar go (which we should have done).

But now that we have signed Zurhaar why would bring in another guy to do the job we are paying our own guy Zurhaar 800k to do? What an absolute shambles.

Oh and btw - everyone has been quick to write off big Teaks. He will have a full pre season under his belt and he will be much better placed for season 2025 after a quite respectable H2 2024.

It was Teak's inclusion more than anything that lead to our little 4-6 week turnaround - we surprised a few teams with our different look up forward and he was that surprise. Once clubs got wind of this we went back to our normal ways as Clarko wasn't able to adapt. But don't write off Teaks yet - especially for someone like Darling who offers no where near the aerial contest that Teaks does.
Not sure it was Clarko that was not able to adapt.

Darling is replacing that spud pink

Agree with Teaks - been good and I hope with a full preseason can improve further.

However - Darling is in no way anything like what we can get from Cam

Darling is a Renowned elite trainer and standards man, a premiership player, hard body and knows the forward craft.

Cam is still learning his own game which. Is much higher than I think he realises.

Last edited:
The last 10 pages have been about bringing in a cooked forward and an inconsistent forward.

Any talk of who we might add that can get us more than 40 inside 50 entries a game or somebody who understands football is also about defence.

It’s about improving the list with the limitations the draft, trade, salary cap and bottom 4 club aspects allow.

The last ten pages have been about bringing in premiership experience and depth.

Two things we need

Agree we need more defensive pressure but I think that’s partially our system and stage of defensive maturity. I hope we can make big improvements over summer in this space.

I didn't ask for a list I asked who you would have pick. So instead of Harry George Zane Colby JHF Goater and company Who would you replace those picks with.
I could pick the eyes out of all the drafts and have a premiership team ready to go.

Brady is paid to be our list manager. He has failed, and we have 5x bottom 2 finishes. It matters not who is coaching, just draft, trade, and sign good players for each position. Simple really.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s about improving the list with the limitations the draft, trade, salary cap and bottom 4 club aspects allow.

The last ten pages have been about bringing in premiership experience and depth.

Two things we need

Agree we need more defensive pressure but I think that’s partially our system and stage of defensive maturity. I hope we can make big improvements over summer in this space.

Yep, he can sit in the forward line and say imagine if the ball comes in we can do this.

In all seriousness, I agree we’ll see natural improvements defensively through the midfield and down back. But if we are burning $800k at least try and fix some of our biggest issues.

Yep, he can sit in the forward line and say imagine if the ball comes in we can do this.

In all seriousness, I agree we’ll see natural improvements defensively through the midfield and down back. But if we are burning $800k at least try and fix some of our biggest issues.

Another preseason into the midfield and a Luke Parker type should see his much better off list wise

Another preseason to get out forward game plan better should also help.

The $$$ are irrelevant for us - we need a mature experienced foil for Larkey. Lobb, Membrey , Darling, Tex - someone for 2 years to help Chom and shotgun come through.

PS - the issues are on every line. Any Membrey/ Darling type move shouldn’t be viewed in isolation

Two things we need

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s like some of the posters are so depressed here they actually think that Houston, Petracca and the like will magically arrive for a handful of magic beans.

Darling brining standards, premiership experience and a hard body will help on match day but also developing our backs as well.

Is it any wonder our backs find it hard to defend key forwards when the only one with any credibility to compete with on the track is a crafty, insanely accurate lead up forward?

Serves a number of purposes getting him in and we should be rapt that we are making changes to freshen up the landscape.

We were paying Hugh Greenwood similar money last year and I’d take a year if Darling over that as much as I love Hugh

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back