List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Darling would have made some sense if we had of let Zurhaar go (which we should have done).

But now that we have signed Zurhaar why would bring in another guy to do the job we are paying our own guy Zurhaar 800k to do? What an absolute shambles.

Oh and btw - everyone has been quick to write off big Teaks. He will have a full pre season under his belt and he will be much better placed for season 2025 after a quite respectable H2 2024.

It was Teak's inclusion more than anything that lead to our little 4-6 week turnaround - we surprised a few teams with our different look up forward and he was that surprise. Once clubs got wind of this we went back to our normal ways as Clarko wasn't able to adapt. But don't write off Teaks yet - especially for someone like Darling who offers no where near the aerial contest that Teaks does.
Agree 100% regarding Teaks and his inclusion to our side. He played his role well, gave us a target in the F50 removing some pressure from Souva.

Not sure about Clarko not adapting, we had problems across the board. Sides that can bring high pressure to our midfield always seems to result in an increase in turnovers and those sky high kicks going into our fwd line. Our young side doesn’t handle pressure from sides well at all, we don’t maintain possession of the footy due to increased turnovers and skill errors.

Hey guys I come in peace .

Darling has been told we will be playing the next generation of our forward line and he will be playing state league. We would probably get him to 300 games but that is about it .

Tall forwards we are very well stocked and have young guys who need games pumped into them and allen/waterman as the main 2 .

As for going to North? Its not a salary dump . We will struggle to hit the salary floor next season .

He is very competitive, his body is in great knick and he probably feels he has at least 2 seasons left .

He has spent his career behind Kennedy playing that 2nd forward role . He has kicked 70 goals more than tom lynch from the same draft.

What he could offer North?

He is still a good forward , good on a straight lead and dead eye for goal . He is a good i50 pressure player and bloody strong in 1 0n 1s . He is also a very good trainer , sets standards on the track and professional in his approach to football.

His value is minimal it would be more that we let him go somewhere he can play at AFL level .

Talk it up why don't ya. You're not getting a first round pick for him....

Caddy, Cadman, Van Rooyen, McDonald, Tilthorpe, and Amiss all key forwards that we had the opportunity to draft over the last 4 seasons but passed on due to this obsession with midfielders. I don't know where Darling is at with his footy. I haven't watched the Eagles, it's been hard enough watching one teams shiteness let alone two. This is where we are at due to who we have decided not to draft or even trade for (see Chol, 2MP Wright, McDonald, to name just a few.) It is so frustrating, Larkey has needed proper support in the form of another key forward since the start of 2021! Almost 5 years on and here we are looking at giving Darling the opportunity to top up his superannuation before retirement. Some stupid planning or non planning has happened in our list management during this time.

Midfields win premierships these days.

Darling makes sense if he is a replacement for Teakle or Pink in the forward line. No one can argue that.

Stringer, well, we all have the same opinion as him, but he still kicked 42 goals and always tears us one. Would love to see how Zuurhar plays with another mid forward helping out like the way Larkey needs help.

I'd rather play Teakle. More athletic, can take a contested mark and pinch hit in the ruck. Far more upside than Dinosaur Darling.

Tom Morris reporting that a Victorian club has tabled an offer to Mac Andrew, not for this year but next year when his contract at the Suns comes to an end.

1.5m per year for 8 years.

He wasn't sure which club it was. North, Saints, Essendon and Hawthorn were mentioned as being the likely players.
I think out of that list we probably have the biggest need and the biggest bank balance so wouldn't be surprised if it was us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn’t matter which way you do it, spine or midfield first, what matters is you nail your picks.
We’re year 6 into a rebuild, building midfield out, we’ve had the choice of the pool and we’ve still got question marks, that’s the issue.
Certainly doesn't help when one of our early picks has been sent to purgatory, one ****ed off at the first opportunity, we bypassed a draft (self inflicted) and the draft we traded into was destroyed by a global pandemic.

Sadly, we were back to square 1 by the 2022 draft. We've got **** all to show for the first 4 years.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Pagan once said when Carlton grabbed Mick Martyn at the backend of his career. He talked about Mick going to the weight room lifting heavy and inspiring the boys around to improve and lift to his standard.

If we get buy in from Darling he could help set a standard. Not to be on feild talent but to set standards.
They ran last or second last 4 of the next 5 years...didn't help them much.

I'd rather play Teakle. More athletic, can take a contested mark and pinch hit in the ruck. Far more upside than Dinosaur Darling.
I’m curious as to just what impact Teakes can have (on my opinion already a huge impact). But we need to be using him (and to a lesser extent Comben) as a shield to blood another fresh recruit up forward.

Certainly doesn't help when one of our early picks has been sent to purgatory, one ****ed off at the first opportunity, we bypassed a draft (self inflicted) and the draft we traded into was destroyed by a global pandemic.

Sadly, we were back to square 1 by the 2022 draft. We've got **** all to show for the first 4 years.

Yes Michael that is the 3 star michelin recipe for a shit sandwich

They ran last or second last 4 of the next 5 years...didn't help them much.

Yeh there are 2 Carlton precedents cited here recently that aren't exactly comforting.

Getting thumped by us by 124 points in the last round.

Mick Martyn being drafted at 55yo to show Carlton players how to bench press.

Outcome: 3 wooden spoons in a row.

Tom Morris reporting that a Victorian club has tabled an offer to Mac Andrew, not for this year but next year when his contract at the Suns comes to an end.

He wasn't sure which club it was. North, Saints, Essendon and Hawthorn were mentioned as being the likely players.
I think out of that list we probably have the biggest need and the biggest bank balance so wouldn't be surprised if it was us.
We’ve now reached the point where trade periods over 12 months away are being discussed.

Can’t wait to hear what offers we’ve tabled for Tom Green in 2028…

We’ve now reached the point where trade periods over 12 months away are being discussed.

There's **** all left for them duscuss this year outside of Richmond's mass exodus.

Wouldn't be us. Brady doesn't have that sort of foresight.

The added excitement for us is that you already know 12 months out a Mac Andrew won't even take our call.

But there's always a Daniel Howe who will reluctantly take our wages to fund him through a post-footy Holmesglen small business course.

70f63193318eef9f998c19047a21aab4.jpg

Yeh there are 2 Carlton precedents cited here recently that aren't exactly comforting.

Getting thumped by us by 124 points in the last round.

Mick Martyn being drafted at 55yo to show Carlton players how to bench press.

Outcome: 3 wooden spoons in a row.
lol, in a parallel universe we get done for handing out paper bags to Pittard, Polec and A.Hall.. .

For anyone familiar with the movie "Sideways" - North Melbourne are the chubby bald guy who gets drunk at wine tastings and calls his ex wife sobbing on a payphone, while his mate sneaks off and hooks up with waitresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back