List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we do Lukocious in a package with 2 for GC’s 1 at rounders on some kind of split?

More likely he goes to the tigers as part of Rioli sadly
2 and 22 for 6,13 and luko

Essentially
2 for 6 and 13
Then 22 for luko

Or to your point if we wanted him likely you work it into a 3 way deal with the tigers with rioli

Go after Nick Hind, Matt Owies and I wouldn't mind Tim Membrey either, provides a good target, pretty consistently kicks goals too

We have taken a lot of undersized kids and very few have had any significant improvement in their weight. What are we doing? We are in the Ethiopian weight division. A lot of these underweight players aren't fast, don't have a great tank, don't have elite skills... why are they on the list as a collective? A side that has a properly developed squad can carry the odd guy that needs a lot of development work but we are scratching our heads and wondering why we can't compete in the wet against a side that is massively better developed physically than us in the running division.

Let me tell you something Tas, it is baffling.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We still have a major issue with big bodied midfields, or mature bodied. Watching Jai Newcombe just walk through our midfield reminded me of what players like Cunnington did to GWS when they first came out.

We have had massive development issues over the last 10 years and whilst we have new development staff, I haven't seen a lot to suggest we have made a big turn around in that area. We have struggled a lot against the Bonts, Petracca, etc types because we don't have anyone physically capable of playing on them... atm.

The midfield/flanker group:
Simpkin 183cm 77kg 26yo
Powell 184cm 79kg 22yo
Wardlaw 182cm 79kg 20yo
LDU 188cm 89kg 25yo
Stephens 184cm 80kg 23yo
Phillips 181cm 81kg 22yo
Duursma 190cm 80kg 18yo
Taylor 188cm 82kg 24yo
Lazzaro 180cm 80kg 22yo
Sheezel 185cm 80kg 19yo
Scott 186cm 77kg 24yo
McKercher 182cm 76kg 19yo
Hardeman 184cm 75kg 19yo
Bergman 189cm 73kg 21yo
Goater 189cm 87kg 21yo
Archer 187cm 80kg 21yo
Tucker 184cm 83kg 27yo
Ford 189cm 81kg 22yo
Stephenson 189cm 79kg 25yo

I've excluded Thomas, Greenwood and Shiel as they are not going to be here next year.

We then have third tier/rookie guys like:
Hansen 182cm 76kg 20yo
Drury 177cm 74kg 20yo

This is physically tragic, the guys taken in the last couple of drafts have an excuse, but we have taken a lot of undersized kids and very few have had any significant improvement in their weight. What are we doing? We are in the Ethiopian weight division. A lot of these underweight players aren't fast, don't have a great tank, don't have elite skills... why are they on the list as a collective? A side that has a properly developed squad can carry the odd guy that needs a lot of development work but we are scratching our heads and wondering why we can't compete in the wet against a side that is massively better developed physically than us in the running division.
100% agreed.

**** it's hard these days where kids come into the AFL with years of gym and conditioning work under their belts, for someone who is both scrawny AND not an absolutely elite runner, to get on par with those former guys, let alone overtake them and become better athletes than them.

It's well known around the league that we are super easy to beat up physically.

Let me tell you something Tas, it is baffling.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's confounded physicists for decades.

How North Melbourne can be simultaneously smaller but also slower and less fit than their opponents?

Dark matter will be solved before they work this one out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Six is a big ask imo, I'd be happy with 2 players that aren't going to be completely useless under pressure.
I'd be happy with 4, one from each category.
Tho I'm still not sure I understand why Parker would join us besides "victoria" and "money" when the alternative is "premierships".

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back