List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think the wage will be a problem. Although I’m surprised Melbourne could afford that under the cap…
I cant believe the wage would be an issue looking at our list, the issue would be if we were prepared to trade the capital, and other than sheez (never gonna happen) picks are all the capital we have.

4x AA, 1x Norm Smith... I reckon somehow if push came to shove, we'd find space in the best 23 mate.
I didn't say he wasn't a brilliant player in his day. I just think those days are behind him. No doubt he's good - but it feels too much like when BB left NMFC for MFC -> a great player who was passed his prime and we would be paying overs. I would want to see some serious playing before paying after an injury like that.

The trading capital or the wage?
Both. While he may be better than half a dozen we have fielded regularly this year, I am not convinced he has four more years in him. At the price we'd pay, we'd want at least four years of elite fading to leadership/middling. I don't think he has that left. Happy to be wrong about this, I'm just a cautious buyer and he's a broken player at the moment.

I didn't say he wasn't a brilliant player in his day. I just think those days are behind him. No doubt he's good - but it feels too much like when BB left NMFC for MFC -> a great player who was passed his prime and we would be paying overs. I would want to see some serious playing before paying after an injury like that.
Its all academic because he's not coming to North and even if it wasn't his trade would be subject to serious medical due diligence, but... how often does a top 10 player become available on the market?

Once every five years, maybe?

I actually think Petracca will be the best player in the league again at some stage.

Lacerated Spleen and broken ribs repair, he hasn’t blown his knees and Achilles out simultaneously..

He will have an axe to grind and will want to prove to the footy world that he’s a bonafide superstar of this game.

The thought of Cripps and Petracca running rampant together is quiet scary..

I actually think Petracca will be the best player in the league again at some stage.

Lacerated Spleen and broken ribs repair, he hasn’t blown his knees and Achilles out simultaneously..

He will have an axe to grind and will want to prove to the footy world that he’s a bonafide superstar of this game.

The thought of Cripps and Petracca running rampant together is quiet scary..
It's a big risk, you have a Ben Brown type who's knees went to shit. Or a Jesse Hogan who beat his Demons and now is the Coleman medallist

If you listen to the most recent podcast Trac was involved in, I seriously think he’ll struggle to get even close to his best once he returns. Some serious mental scars there from his ordeal.
Really? Why do you say that? I mean, who really knows what's going on in his head, but given he just casually suggested insomnia, stress, and self-doubt are the kinds of inflictions he's struggling with right now, it feels like a bridge-too-far to assume its going to have a permanent affect on his performance?

If you listen to the most recent podcast Trac was involved in, I seriously think he’ll struggle to get even close to his best once he returns. Some serious mental scars there from his ordeal.
I just don’t get how he can say he has ptsd, traumatic stress etc etc, but if all reports are correct… even considering going to the club that it happened against. I mean surrounded by black and white stripes everyday?
Could you even imagine just the training
drills? He’d be triggered by the first marking contest.
But that’s if all reports are correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Why do you say that? I mean, who really knows what's going on in his head, but given he just casually suggested insomnia, stress, and self-doubt are the kinds of inflictions he's struggling with right now, it feels like a bridge-too-far to assume its going to have a permanent affect on his performance?
Skip to 6:25 mark unless you want to hear Whatley and Robbos piece

Yeah there's a longer version here too:

I dunno. I wouldn't rush to assume its going to permanently affect his playing ability.
Agree! Physically l think he'll be fine it's when he cops a knock in that same spot...really he's peeved that he was allowed back on and when you think about it, if he was concussed, he's off the field but why Goodwin let him back on is the real issue.
If he really wants out, buy out the rest of his contract and become an UFA.

Is Tomlinson worth a look?

Lot of stuff here I haven't had time to read through, but changing course a little, has Tex Walker been given another year at Adelaide?

In terms of experience, and I think he still has some good football in him, if they do decide to get rid of him, I wouldn't mind if we gave him a contract for a couple of years. In my opinion he would take a lot of heat off Larkey, kick a goal or two himself and provide invaluable experience to our young list.

Yes everyone, go ahead and let me know my brains more cooked than I think it is.

He should take some inspiration from Greg Lemond the great US cyclist. Won a TDF, then his brother in law accidentally shoots him on a hunting trip. Came back and won again. True champions rise to the top.

All this talk about Harry McKay being the key to a Trac trade makes me think * are gonna get involved to enable the media to get their "big club big names" trade.

There is zero chance H.McKay will elect to go to the Dee's, considering the shit show they appear to be, but he'd probably consider playing with his brother.

I could see the deal being *'s pick 8 + F1 + F2 to Carlton for McKay, giving them enough trade capital to go for Trac.

Would get interesting for us if the Dee's then demand a top 3 pick though, Carlton might get reeeeeaaaal desperate to move up.

All this talk about Harry McKay being the key to a Trac trade makes me think * are gonna get involved to enable the media to get their "big club big names" trade.

There is zero chance H.McKay will elect to go to the Dee's, considering the shit show they appear to be, but he'd probably consider playing with his brother.

I could see the deal being *'s pick 8 + F1 + F2 to Carlton for McKay, giving them enough trade capital to go for Trac.

Would get interesting for us if the Dee's then demand a top 3 pick though, Carlton might get reeeeeaaaal desperate to move up.
Pick 8, f1, f2?

Lol

I'd give up pick 8 for the better mcgoo but nowhere near that bounty.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 8, f1, f2?

Lol

I'd give up pick 8 for the better mcgoo but nowhere near that bounty.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe dropping the F2, but I can definitely see Bard going all in and selling the farm to get McKay.

Guaranteed * internally think they are 1 player away from being a contender, as ridiculous as that is.

I dunno if being pissed off at your club for nearly killing you qualifies as 'me, me, me' behaviour
I don't buy into this 'the club allowed him to go back on stuff'. You know your body best, if he knew he wasn't right, he shouldn't have went back on.

Lot of stuff here I haven't had time to read through, but changing course a little, has Tex Walker been given another year at Adelaide?

In terms of experience, and I think he still has some good football in him, if they do decide to get rid of him, I wouldn't mind if we gave him a contract for a couple of years. In my opinion he would take a lot of heat off Larkey, kick a goal or two himself and provide invaluable experience to our young list.

Yes everyone, go ahead and let me know my brains more cooked than I think it is.
I haven't watched the crows enough to say if he's fully cooked. But if he has anything left then he would help. Even in the fact that he's someone who can lead Larkey.

Can any of you geniuses write down the criteria for the players we need to trade in then do a list of the players that potentially meet the criteria and then we can go from there? I’m thinking some of the criteria:

Age - 26/28 otherwise we’re just paying out some guys career

Position - KPF KPD do we really need another mid?

Cost - no paying overs for under performers

Added extras - leadership, attitude, desire for a flag

Finally- nothing that has anything whatsoever connected with Hawthorn

Oh and I’d rather go hard on the draft and wait til next year than trade in anymore steak knives

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back