List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Shiels was recruited to get in our best players every week. Watch the last quarter of the WCE game we won and then ask yourself if we’d have won that if Shiels wasn’t out there.

Sheez has spoken publicly about how his leadership and direction has helped him so much. Would Harry be our best player if Shiels wasn’t working with him behind the scenes?
Harry would still be our best player if he had benny hill directing him behind the scenes. This of course is no reflection on sheils fwiw rather just an observation on how talented and professional sheez is.

But i do agree his example would be a posative to guys like paul curtis who are pretty raw.

No it isn't. We weren't beaten by twenty goals because of Sicily and Gunston. Hawthorn don't have any players in their team who can't run. They play four small forwards who run up and down the ground all game. We don't have any on our list. They kick to space and run onto the ball, we either chip kick or handball through congestion. Lack of experience is being used as an excuse for lack of a relevant game plan and poor list management.
You can't use one game as an example to say the lack of impact experience has on a team and club. Think of it from a broader perspective. How the influence of the senior players is during training, preparation, gym, preseason, on field coaching. Who does that for us?

You can't use one game as an example to say the lack of impact experience has on a team and club. Think of it from a broader perspective. How the influence of the senior players is during training, preparation, gym, preseason, on field coaching. Who does that for us?

Sheezel... lol

Having Darling work up the ground as a CHF would improve the following dramatically:

- control of the ball across HF and wing, leading to better inside 50 entries. So much of our utter shitness over the last 3 years has come from not being able to clear from defensive fifty. Any player we bring across (cheaply) that can help us move the ball is worth it in my opinion, especially as we should be bringing in a couple of KPFs to learn from him.

- flow on effect of defensive match-ups. Given proper medical checks and fitness, he can be a real handful still with his lead/mark game. He would draw the second defender. Teakle, Duursma and Zurhaar all benefit as they play on smaller/lesser defenders. Not to mention, the benefit for Larkey who needs conditions just so to take advantage.

HF: Duursma Darling Curtis
F: Zurhaar Larkey (F.Pocket)
I:Teakle

The above forward line probably (with the addition of a speedy, defensive crumber will massively stretch defences.
I’d rather F.Pocket than darling

It wasn't just one game, we had a whole season of being beaten in the same way. On field coaching isn't worth anything if the game plan doesn't work or the players don't have the physical ability to apply it. It doesn't help players run faster or get fitter. The only times we were competitive this year was when our pressure was unsustainably manic.

Northball lasted half a game before it was pulled apart, that is on the coaches. We need to develop a game plan based on the strengths of our best players and recruit and draft to fill in the gaps. It shouldn't be this hard, but every year we seem to double down on our past mistakes.

Ahh yes another Player Manager dropping the Roos as a potential suitor, just to get their player some extra Superannuation out of the current club they play at.

We’ve seen this movie 100 times before but some people still get sucked in though..

It’s like channel surfing the TV and stumbling across the Shawshank Redemption around the time Andy asks the Warden if he trusts his wife when the boys are re-tarring the roof.. you know the rest and can’t wait for the ending so you watch the whole movie anyway..
I’ll be honest, Colin Young did give us Logue…
I’d answer the phone for a chat but that’s it… unlike Mr BigBrother Williams

I’m not exactly sure how accurate the rumours are - Darling to North. But if we look at it from the angle of; if he’s playing for us, and effectively is keeping anyone out of the team - they aren’t ready for AFL footy. I think it’s more of a structural appointment than it is leadership or winning games of his own boot. He’s probably the player we need, but 6 years younger. Get him and let him groom Duursma for a couple of years and then see him off into the sunset.

(Also very high chance it’s his manager using North as a tightening line to get an extra year out of WCE…. So I’m not 100% running with it yet)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Darling?

Our club is a laughing stock

I am writing the Darling talk off as his manager trying to get a payday. If however we are serious about recruiting him then I would be disappointed. I personally would just rather play an 18 year old we get in the draft and lose by 120 points rather than the 95 point loss with Jack leading the charge. Optics around the club are going to be critical going forward. Can you imagine the darling talk if it’s a failure which it 100% will be

A lot of people here have short memories. We took an injury riddled player named Jarrad Waite who was 32 and that seemed to turn out ok...

A lot of people here have short memories. We took an injury riddled player named Jarrad Waite who was 32 and that seemed to turn out ok...
Waite was light years ahead of Teakle and Pink and we are “apparently” chasing someone only slightly better than these two. At least pink and teakle still have development in them and might improve…

Plus on a salary of 800k. This would be CCJ levels of trading prowess if we are thinking of pursuing what is being reported.

It wasn't just one game, we had a whole season of being beaten in the same way. On field coaching isn't worth anything if the game plan doesn't work or the players don't have the physical ability to apply it. It doesn't help players run faster or get fitter. The only times we were competitive this year was when our pressure was unsustainably manic.

Northball lasted half a game before it was pulled apart, that is on the coaches. We need to develop a game plan based on the strengths of our best players and recruit and draft to fill in the gaps. It shouldn't be this hard, but every year we seem to double down on our past mistakes.
If we had 2 x Nick Watsons playing for us, we'd still be shit and get smashed week in, week out.

We need experience, maturity, size, leadership all over the park. End of story.

Probably because he is a different person.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Waite was light years ahead of Teakle and Pink and we are “apparently” chasing someone only slightly better than these two. At least pink and teakle still have development in them and might improve…

Plus on a salary of 800k. This would be CCJ levels of trading prowess if we are thinking of pursuing what is being reported.
Darling would be a better option at CHF for next season than Pink . This would be for 1 or 2 seasons until our younger players develop. North would not consider paying his whole salary next season. West Coast would have to contribute 150- 200k towards it for the 1st season. He is the sort of big bodied player we need short term thats all...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back