List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW, while the sub-heading says "North table multi-year deal for West Coast veteran", the article itself says we are "believed to be willing to offer a multi-year deal".

Fair bit of wriggle room in that statement.
Nothing like having a bit of wriggle room... ;)

If we had 2 x Nick Watsons playing for us, we'd still be shit and get smashed week in, week out.

We need experience, maturity, size, leadership all over the park. End of story.
We aren't getting beaten by experience, we are getting smashed in transition week in, week out. We can't defend turnovers. The running ability of the players is part of it, but the way we are coached to set up is the rest. What good are experienced players if they are implementing a non-viable game plan?

Darling would be a better option at CHF for next season than Pink . This would be for 1 or 2 seasons until our younger players develop. North would not consider paying his whole salary next season. West Coast would have to contribute 150- 200k towards it for the 1st season. He is the sort of big bodied player we need short term thats all...
Slightly better than Pink for 800k a season f'dat. Spend our money front loading and go bigger on the right FA when the times right.

Edit: The only acceptable way, is this is a salary dump play. Our 3rd for their 2nd rounder and they pay some of his salary.

Last edited:
We aren't getting beaten by experience, we are getting smashed in transition week in, week out. We can't defend turnovers. The running ability of the players is part of it, but the way we are coached to set up is the rest. What good are experienced players if they are implementing a non-viable game plan?
Consider this post an extra 100 likes

l wouldn't be paying no more that 600k per season for 2 seasons however if it went to 3 years then it would have to be considerably less for the final season....anyway l dont see him moving family fo 2 seasons so everyone can breathe easy unless Brady offers him 3 years.. :rolleyes:

l wouldn't be paying no more that 600k per season for 2 seasons however if it went to 3 years then it would have to be considerably less for the final season....anyway l dont see him moving family fo 2 seasons so everyone can breathe easy unless Brady offers him 3 years.. :rolleyes:
Other than a salary dump to get their 2nd rounder i wouldnt pay more than 250k and he'd have to cost NO trade capital. Over cooked is under stating it.

Slightly better than Pink for 800k a season f'dat. Spend our money front loading and go bigger on the right FA when the times right.

Edit: The only acceptable way, is this is a salary dump play. Our 3rd for their 2nd rounder and they pay some of his salary.

Slightly better? He’s a lot better.

Still a bit meh though.

No it isn't. We weren't beaten by twenty goals because of Sicily and Gunston. Hawthorn don't have any players in their team who can't run. They play four small forwards who run up and down the ground all game. We don't have any on our list. They kick to space and run onto the ball, we either chip kick or handball through congestion. Lack of experience is being used as an excuse for lack of a relevant game plan and poor list management.
Ding ding ding.

Summed up perfectly.

What happens when we add experience, a flashy small forward and a key forward and still suck? Perhaps then people will realise the issues run deeper then a couple positional plugs.

I don't think WC have any need to dump his salary though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than a salary dump to get their 2nd rounder i wouldnt pay more than 250k and he'd have to cost NO trade capital. Over cooked is under stating it.

I don’t think West Coast would consider giving up a draft pick considering where they’re at. They are at the very beginning of a rebuild, not the time to be handing over picks.

FWIW, while the sub-heading says "North table multi-year deal for West Coast veteran", the article itself says we are "believed to be willing to offer a multi-year deal".

Fair bit of wriggle room in that statement.
Remember what Adewale Mike Aladesanmi a Nigerian Prince from the Nigeria's said..

, "when your client has one year of contract, you ask if he happy, if he happy , you happy , but you no you not happy I ring North Melbourne FC, you say client unhappy, and he thinking of leaving. ( that is the use of the dollar) You then say how impressed he is with what happening at North Melbourne.
Then you wait....

Bloody Mike has done it again.

I can't see why Wet Toast would need a salary dump

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know that it has nothing to do with North, but am I the only person that thinks there’s buyer beware for whoever trades for Patracca? Melbourne are going to request a kings ransom for him, but I have real concerns that he’ll come back the same player. His body will take a fair bit of rebuilding after that injury.

I know that it has nothing to do with North, but am I the only person that thinks there’s buyer beware for whoever trades for Patracca? Melbourne are going to request a kings ransom for him, but I have real concerns that he’ll come back the same player. His body will take a fair bit of rebuilding after that injury.
Don't forget his mind. Mending trauma is a ****ing bitch

WA supporters when Darling gets mentioned..

Chris Jericho What GIF by CBC

At the time of going for Waite a lot of supporters didn't think so...To old, and injury prone..
Also a free agent so no cost in terms of draft capital. And the contract was so low that Carlton didn't even get any FA compo.

Whereas we'd be paying at least $600k and coughing up a pick or player for Darling.

I like the idea of another target up forward, but Darling is not our guy.

Waite is different gravy.
At the time of us looking at getting him he was also injury prone...He was an enigma though...

2003 Foot stress fractures
2009 a torn anterior cruciate knee ligament
2011 tore a hamstring
2011 hip damage
2012 back injury
2013 calf injury..
2013 left knee injury

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back