List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. And hopefully by end of year 2 we are well and truly on the way to success and we can recruit some A graders without one hand tied behind our back.
With ldu sheezal, we have 15 years to build a team around them to be in the top 6 consistently with top ups.

Players will come when they see we are taking into the next level, i.e. 13th into 8, 8 into 4, top 4 into top 2.

Also, the club needs to improve professional standards with the off-field stuff.

Until we start winning games and our young players get more games under their belt we are not a destination club!! I could think of worse players!

Correct, so any talk of getting in player xyz is mute as our issue isn't with which player but how to get the whole team pulling in the same direcition.

We don't need to look too far back. Post brad 2019, we were smashing a few pretty good teams when the whole team attack on ball was on-song.

When the whole team is applying pressure well, an average team could look very good. We got enough top end talents at the team, we just need each of them doing more donkey work for much longer.

With ldu sheezal, we have 15 years to build a team around them to be in the top 6 consistently with top ups.

Players will come when they see we are taking into the next level, i.e. 13th into 8, 8 into 4, top 4 into top 2.

Also, the club needs to improve professional standards with the off-field stuff.
So we'll probably be pushing hard for the eight in year 13 or 14? :wink:

Thankfully he can do that too.

You'd get someone who knows how to lead, block, apply pressure, dummy lead and so forth. You wouldn't be targeting him to be the main man but if he ended up being that, even better.

He'd be in the side to give Larkey an experienced partner to stop him getting triple teamed.
You gotta worry when oppo supporters are actively spruiking for one for their players to leave 😂

why would Darling leave one shit club, to go to another shit club?

he's probably better off staying there
Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

Public Announcement

Effective immediately, the word ‘cooked’ is officially off the menu!

Please consider alternatives.

Thank you for your cooperation.
In Trouble Toast GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pagan once said when Carlton grabbed Mick Martyn at the backend of his career. He talked about Mick going to the weight room lifting heavy and inspiring the boys around to improve and lift to his standard.

If we get buy in from Darling he could help set a standard. Not to be on feild talent but to set standards.

Really surprised by all the Darling hate here.

How many of those hating have also complained about our lack of talent development?

We are finally looking at drafting some talls like Dawson last year. And perhaps a Trainer or Whitlock this year.

Who helps them develop in this team? ...... who is the lead and teach tall?

Darling at 300 games, a premiership, high training standards, high workrate, schooled in footy IQ and leading patterns. This to me would be great for our future.

I think looking at on field alone is VERY small thinking here. The player development and IP is where the value is.

Would love a player like this guiding our future talls!

Isn't Darling " scared " of needles ? You know, like the ones 7.8 billion other people took to save the planet ? Little kids in Peru, elderly people in Japan, sick people with cancer, kidney failure etc ?
He’s a cooker

It doesn’t matter which way you do it, spine or midfield first, what matters is you nail your picks.
We’re year 6 into a rebuild, building midfield out, we’ve had the choice of the pool and we’ve still got question marks, that’s the issue.
Wasting 1st round picks on project players(Goad) that may or may not have an impact in 4 years time hasn't helped.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Really surprised by all the Darling hate here.

How many of those hating have also complained about our lack of talent development?

We are finally looking at drafting some talls like Dawson last year. And perhaps a Trainer or Whitlock this year.

Who helps them develop in this team? ...... who is the lead and teach tall?

Darling at 300 games, a premiership, high training standards, high workrate, schooled in footy IQ and leading patterns. This to me would be great for our future.

I think looking at on field alone is VERY small thinking here. The player development and IP is where the value is.

Would love a player like this guiding our future talls!
There is a difference between hate and Darling being as charred as Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

Hogan, Treacy, 2MP, McDonald, Neale, Chol, Andrew, Amiss, Gibcus, Aleer, JVR, Casboult, McStay, Lobb, Frampton, Francis,
Weiderman, Cadman, Gruzewski, Koschitzke, Caddy...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's not fantasy football.

You've listed a combination of people that had to choose to play for us and didn't, and who we weren't in a realistic position to draft.

Maybe make a realistic list and it'll only have a few names on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back