List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

You literally said we had no chance to get most of those those players mentioned - and I answered that we have the chance to get all of them (including Cadman as we facilitated the deal for him to be chosen at 1) except Thilthorpe.

What you said was false - whether we would have done those deals is a different issue - you have been called out and now you are trying to double down.

Best you leave it here and in future do some research before you post.
Yeah that’s like crying over not taking Houston in a rookie draft after having 5 plus picks beforehand
My research is fine - keep going Harry hindsight

Can’t mark, applies zero forward pressures, but hey, he’s an elite trainer… let’s put good money into him
I'm sorry but if you think Darling applies zero forward pressure then you've never watched him play.

Averaging 2.9 tackles as someone who plays most of his time inside 50.

Also, that goal to Cripps in Hobart near the end of the game was solely due to Darling launching himself in front of McDonald to spoil.

Pressure is probably his biggest strength across his career.

His return game from the WAFL this year is a good indication of what he's capable of, as an example. Had 11 tackles inside 50, from memory.

Dear North Melbourne, how are you ?

It's Wet Toast here. Please take Jack Darling off our hands.

Thanks & yours sincerely 🙂

fair enough and not the first time I've heard that comment, which are the KP " guns" we chose to ignore at the drafts.

Edit : I seen em now.

Caddy not a KPF
Cadman rather Sheezel
Van Rooyen we took JHFF - didn't have an opportunity to draft Van Rooyen
McDonald - isn't a KP
Tilthorpe went before our pick
Amiss - again we took JHFF.

Sheesh people, the only player we could have taken is McDonald and he's fairly shit tbh.
That is all well and good. But considering we are not bringing in KPF talent pretty much at all, it doesn’t really hold water.

We have had opportunities to draft KPFs. We have chosen not to. For eight straight seasons.

If we are just jamming the crowbar into the sill to begin to pry open the premiership window, at what stage would it be prudent to begin amassing KPF talent? 10 years into the rebuild? 12? I hope it might be before the star-studded midfield featuring 8 or so first round picks retires…

I'm sorry but if you think Darling applies zero forward pressure then you've never watched him play.

Averaging 2.9 tackles as someone who plays most of his time inside 50.

Also, that goal to Cripps in Hobart near the end of the game was solely due to Darling launching himself in front of McDonald to spoil.

Pressure is probably his biggest strength across his career.

His return game from the WAFL this year is a good indication of what he's capable of, as an example. Had 11 tackles inside 50, from memory.
Behind Larkey , even at the ripe old age of 32 Darling is far superior than any other tall forward we have on our list ….
Darling > Finbar
Darling > Teackel
Darling > CCJ
Darling > Sellers
Darling > Pink

Behind Larkey , even at the ripe old age of 32 Darling is far superior than any other tall forward we have on our list ….
Darling > Finbar
Darling > Teackel
Darling > CCJ
Darling > Sellers
Darling > Pink
That is both an argument for Darling’s recruitment and an indictment on the f*cked mis-management of our list.

That is all well and good. But considering we are not bringing in KPF talent pretty much at all, it doesn’t really hold water.

We have had opportunities to draft KPFs. We have chosen not to. For eight straight seasons.

If we are just jamming the crowbar into the sill to begin to pry open the premiership window, at what stage would it be prudent to begin amassing KPF talent? 10 years into the rebuild? 12? I hope it might be before the star-studded midfield featuring 8 or so first round picks retires…

The strategy is clearly to trade/FA these types when we're closer to the window. The problem being, we can't get anywhere near the window and we have nothing to kick to.

I can’t stand Darling ! Diving campaigner.
Looks well past his best. Question is however, is he any different to going after Waite? I thought he was cooked when we went for him and look how that turned out. Fresh start, who knows 🤷‍♀️

Didn't we pick up a few in last years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You literally said we had no chance to get most of those those players mentioned - and I answered that we have the chance to get all of them (including Cadman as we facilitated the deal for him to be chosen at 1) except Thilthorpe.

What you said was false - whether we would have done those deals is a different issue - you have been called out and now you are trying to double down.

Best you leave it here and in future do some research before you post.
lucious lyon wtf GIF

The strategy is clearly to trade/FA these types when we're closer to the window. The problem being, we can't get anywhere near the window and we have nothing to kick to.
We need something to kick to have any hope of improving. We need to (drastically) improve to get anywhere near recruiting KP talent (especially when 80% of players either are heading interstate with homesickness or wanting to play in front of a big crowd.

The only option is the draft. If our draft/recruiting team do not know this, then I’m sorry to say this, but they may have sh*t for brains.

I can’t stand Darling ! Diving campaigner.
Looks well past his best. Question is however, is he any different to going after Waite? I thought he was cooked when we went for him and look how that turned out. Fresh start, who knows 🤷‍♀️
Waite was let down by injuries, but was still playing good footy. Darling isn’t. It isn’t a fair comparison though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back