List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one that thinks there will be ramifications either way?
Not sure Melb win either keeping him or cutting certain people
Going to be a very awkward season ahead for both parties….dare say the remaining length of his contract was the major stumbling block.
But geez the club has been verrrrry ordinary in their approach and that interview was an absolute train wreck…

Stringer Larkey Darling

Thoughts?

Darling makes sense if he is a replacement for Teakle or Pink in the forward line. No one can argue that.

Stringer, well, we all have the same opinion as him, but he still kicked 42 goals and always tears us one. Would love to see how Zuurhar plays with another mid forward helping out like the way Larkey needs help.

View attachment 2097628

If we don't fix this we're going to be just as shit next year.

And as the worst team in the competition in living memory, we're unfortunately not getting anyone that great.

Get used to us being connected to the Darlings of the world because it's about as much as we can hope for.

Did Chom join us as a 15 year old? 23? Bullsh

I hate it.

I hate that we are forced into being so utterly desperate to find players from other clubs to get us out of this mess because we are in such a dire situation. I hate that we are also so bereft of leadership and standards across the board, resulting in capitulation after capitulation. It's bad enough as a player watching goal after goal go through the sticks at the opposition end but it is bloody damn worse for us idiots that pretty much donate our hard-earned and show up to watch them. We don't have to, but we do it because we love this club too much and want to be part of the turnaround.

Well, we're waiting and have been waiting patiently for this team to turn the corner. No matter what we do in the trade period, this playing group needs to grow up and force change. Force the 180 we are incredibly still waiting for and start enjoying footy every week. Win or lose. It's been 5 years. **** the instability.

6 wins. Is that impossible? Larkey? Zurhaar? Simpkin? Lmac? 6 wins? Is that too difficult? We're not asking for much. We are asking for some ticker and love for the game. I want to go home knowing we did our damn best and knowing we can get them another time (if we lose). I don't want us to lament another belting and even worse, the playing group to just allow it to happen because that's what hurts the most. When we give up. It's heartbreaking and when it happens so often, numbness will settle in which is so much worse. That is when we're dead inside watching this team put us through repeat non-competitive efforts.

We want to lose our voice, scream with joy and have lots of fun at the footy. Is that too much to ask?

It's in the club theme song. 'Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourselves today'...

Over to you, North.

So who in the last few years should we have picked.
Excellent question pup, the answer is quite simple, no one. We went out on a so called limb by getting Nick Larkey at oh wait I forgot, oh that's right pick 73! The next key forward we got was Charlie Comben at pick 31. We waited and how are those players potentially working out, now with Will in charge and with Brady and Alastair having a good look you can bet your bottom dollar that whoever we select Will and co will have huge wraps on him and it will be so exciting whoever it is, remember things always happen in three's.

So what does all that tell us? It tells us that if we really rate a key forward we get them, if we don't {Logan McDonald} then they get picked up by another club despite all the nonsense written about generational footballers and virtually bagging our club when in fact we knew exactly what we were doing. All the buzz about who we get at pick 2 will be very big but I can tell you if you support this club then whether its our second round pick or a future second, the excitement and anticipation will be off the charts as to the identity of our new key forward, and with certain players off the board it could be almost feverish come our pick!

I'm sorry but if you think Darling applies zero forward pressure then you've never watched him play.

Averaging 2.9 tackles as someone who plays most of his time inside 50.

Also, that goal to Cripps in Hobart near the end of the game was solely due to Darling launching himself in front of McDonald to spoil.

Pressure is probably his biggest strength across his career.

His return game from the WAFL this year is a good indication of what he's capable of, as an example. Had 11 tackles inside 50, from memory.

I mentioned after THAT game that dealing sacrificed his entire game to negate our intercepting defenders, particularly comben.

He doesn’t play, north win.

I also said darling would be a great pick up 12 months ago.

And then again 1.5 months ago.

Some around here are acting like we would be giving up something of note to acquire him. Very strange.

I mentioned after THAT game that dealing sacrificed his entire game to negate our intercepting defenders, particularly comben.

He doesn’t play, north win.

I also said darling would be a great pick up 12 months ago.

And then again 1.5 months ago.

Some around here are acting like we would be giving up something of note to acquire him. Very strange.
800k for one year is pretty hefty, how much do you think 2 years will cost?

He wanted a list of available players. I gave him one.

Do you know all the offers and contract terms from NM of the listed players? How do you know whether they were realistically gettable?

Every draftable player was a realistic and actionable pick. We've had never-ending top 5 draft picks to negotiate multiple trades, it's just our list manager was ultra focused on mids instead of a good balanced list, and we have 5 bottom 2 finishes to show for it.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I didn't ask for a list I asked who you would have pick. So instead of Harry George Zane Colby JHF Goater and company Who would you replace those picks with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised the journos are wasting their time on a piddly little story like that when we're on the verge of landing that huge fish from WA.

If Darling see's the hook baited and squirming in front of him it might be like his high prrssure g.f. marks. It'll slip through his hands.

I hate it.

I hate that we are forced into being so utterly desperate to find players from other clubs to get us out of this mess because we are in such a dire situation. I hate that we are also so bereft of leadership and standards across the board, resulting in capitulation after capitulation. It's bad enough as a player watching goal after goal go through the sticks at the opposition end but it is bloody damn worse for us idiots that pretty much donate our hard-earned and show up to watch them. We don't have to, but we do it because we love this club too much and want to be part of the turnaround.

Well, we're waiting and have been waiting patiently for this team to turn the corner. No matter what we do in the trade period, this playing group needs to grow up and force change. Force the 180 we are incredibly still waiting for and start enjoying footy every week. Win or lose. It's been 5 years. **** the instability.

6 wins. Is that impossible? Larkey? Zurhaar? Simpkin? Lmac? 6 wins? Is that too difficult? We're not asking for much. We are asking for some ticker and love for the game. I want to go home knowing we did our damn best and knowing we can get them another time (if we lose). I don't want us to lament another belting and even worse, the playing group to just allow it to happen because that's what hurts the most. When we give up. It's heartbreaking and when it happens so often, numbness will settle in which is so much worse. That is when we're dead inside watching this team put us through repeat non-competitive efforts.

We want to lose our voice, scream with joy and have lots of fun at the footy. Is that too much to ask?

It's in the club theme song. 'Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourselves today'...

Over to you, North.

6 wins still means 17 losses. It’s absolutely ****ed that after five years of rebuild, we members are still hoping/begging for a 17 loss season, cos all we’ve been getting is 21 loss seasons. Players, coaches and administration should be embarrassed.

Darling makes sense if he is a replacement for Teakle or Pink in the forward line. No one can argue that.

Stringer, well, we all have the same opinion as him, but he still kicked 42 goals and always tears us one. Would love to see how Zuurhar plays with another mid forward helping out like the way Larkey needs help.
Another medium forward to go with Ford, Duursma, Zurhaar, Curtis, Harvey, George, Taylor.

At this point it feels like Brady made some drunken bet when he arrived that he could construct a premiership side with nothing but half-forward flankers.

If only we were one step towards a premiership.

6 wins still means 17 losses. It’s absolutely ****ed that after five years of rebuild, we members are still hoping/begging for a 17 loss season, cos all we’ve been getting is 21 loss seasons. Players, coaches and administration should be embarrassed.
I don't think anyone one here is hoping begging for a 17 loss season.

🤔🤔🤔…..
Poached
Seared
Stuffed
Baked
Knocked up
Grilled
Roasted
Scorched
Boiled
Charred
Well done
Fried
Burnt
Over done
Sautéed
Yesterday I witnessed a traffic accident. A truck carrying thesauruses rolled over. I was horrified, astounded, staggered , startled , overwhelmed , dumbfounded, taken aback, troubled, dismayed, jarred, jolted, aghast, upset , offended, appalled.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back