List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we give too much credit to heaths. The dumb campaigner thought the GC game was a turning point, legitimately thought so. Thought that the list could take that win, and turn it into a season that was going to start the ascent up the ladder and nurture that final round winning feeling.

Dumb campaigner. Absolute dumb campaigner.

I think he has been watching way too much NBL to get a proper grasp of this list, or just falls in love with anyone in a north jumper.

Hence why we need to get him and turn him into something useful. Everybody now <named> players are good, why would they come to us? We can turn spuds and discards into decent players, we might stand a better chance.
what's our track record like of turning spuds into decent players?

A good coach turn terrible players into good ones.
A good coach?

He’s played for 3 clubs. We’d be the fourth. That shit ain’t on coaching.

Some players just ain’t up to it.

It’d be a waste of a list spot and solve none of our problems.

We’re better off with Teakle and Pink.

A good coach?

He’s played for 3 clubs. We’d be the fourth. That shit ain’t on coaching.

Some players just ain’t up to it.

It’d be a waste of a list spot and solve none of our problems.

We’re better off with Teakle and Pink.

I was up for us taking Hogan when people had the same opinion of him. I don't mind have one or two riskier long-shots, but that would require us to trim the chaff from the list, players that aren't best 22 and have been around for a while.

Haha!! Simpkin mentioned twice as a midfielder who rotates forward or vice versa. As much as many of us wish him gone McDonald will play. Xerri starting ruck for the next 8 years - I honestly thought that went without saying!!
He’s gone mate. Only injuries will have him get a game if he isn’t forced out after the Syd.

Oh god, please make it stop.
Hence why we need to get him and turn him into something useful. Everybody now <named> players are good, why would they come to us? We can turn spuds and discards into decent players, we might stand a better chance.

I agree, if it's 12 million for a dangerfield in his prime then sure but mac andrew, lol, we would be a laughing stock.

Hopefully...probably a saints thing as they are needing a key defender after having just lost a key back.

We haven't lost any key defenders.

You do know he has been playing fwd too! It prob is the saints given they were talking similar numbers for LDU but Whoever it is won't be a laughing stock. He is def the next 1m player, 1.5m might be slight overs as might 8 yrs but that is what you have to do to prise guns from their current teams...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seb ross, josh schcae have both been delisted, so if our coaching and development teams are up to standard, here are two experienced but washed up players.

If we are to attract big names, perhaps we need to develop a reputation of turning discards into solid players.

We want a key forward right, there is one already there. We want some experience in the middle right, ross is a mid.

That should be a one week ban minimum....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seb ross, josh schcae have both been delisted, so if our coaching and development teams are up to standard, here are two experienced but washed up players.

If we are to attract big names, perhaps we need to develop a reputation of turning discards into solid players.

We want a key forward right, there is one already there. We want some experience in the middle right, ross is a mid.

Is there anyone you wouldn't take?

But would take Schache... Gee whiz! He's starting to sound like a troll.
I genuinely believe there are posters who fire away ad infinitum without actually watching the players they comment on.

Doubly so for the draft thread.

I genuinely believe there are posters who fire away ad infinitum without actually watching the players they comment on.

Doubly so for the draft thread.

And yet somehow they manage to post with a perception of authority at the same time.

12 million for Danger in his prime would be ridiculous. With the cap size now 12 million isn’t the silly part, committing for 8 years is.

If clubs were smart, say in the case of negotiating a contract with their best player like LDU in our case, they would say to their players, if you want the big money then it is a short term deal (say 2 - 3 years, nothing more) and then you as the player back yourself in to get another similar contract afterwards. Alternatively, if you want the security of a long-term contract then you do so for less money, say 200 - 300k less per year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back