List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with that news.

Phillips is a smart, skillful and determinrd player who has more to show if his fitness continues to build. Get the idea he'd be in the young captain discussions if his health hadn't curtailed him to date.

Pink is a tricky one, sometimes shows signs of having a 50+ game AFL player in him. Other times looks a little off the pace. But good size, good attitude and experience in an elite system in Cola.

Very happy with RHJ. Lots of encouraging signs in his run of senior games and the only player on the list with the innate agility and pace to approximate a small forward or maybe even creative winger.
balanced summary

I'll need to look elsewhere for the morning dose of hysteria

By my math this leaves uncontracted:
  • Drury
  • Lazzaro
  • Harvey
  • Taylor
  • Maley
  • Sellers
  • Free

Retired/delisted
  • Shiels
  • Greenwood
  • Thomas

I am certain Maley will be offered a new contract, not sure on the rest of them which would mean we are seeing 9 players departing.

Feel for Taylor if he doesn't get another year, even on low coin. He actually performed pretty well when he was back in the side this year, and then injured forcing him to miss the last few. He's no world beater, but he's tried his guts out for us for multiple cellar dweller years.

Feel for Taylor if he doesn't get another year, even on low coin. He actually performed pretty well when he was back in the side this year, and then injured forcing him to miss the last few. He's no world beater, but he's tried his guts out for us for multiple cellar dweller years.
We don't need depth in his position and he'll never be a great player. It's an easy decision.

• Drury
  • Lazzaro
  • Harvey
  • Taylor
  • Maley
  • Sellers
  • Free

Retired/delisted
  • Shiels
  • Greenwood
  • Thomas

I am certain Maley will be offered a new contract, not sure on the rest of them which would mean we are seeing 9 players departing.
I’d be giving CT and cooper another year also

I think we only use 3 draft picks

And only bring in Parker and darling

• Drury
  • Lazzaro
  • Harvey
  • Taylor
  • Maley
  • Sellers
  • Free

Retired/delisted
  • Shiels
  • Greenwood
  • Thomas

Works for me. Though we may have to payout a couple of CCJ, Biggie and Stevo if we don't get to keep the extra rookie spots: we will likely want to bring in more than five players.

We don't need depth in his position and he'll never be a great player. It's an easy decision.
I tend to agree.

He tries but he can't stick a tackle, poor agility and shaky disposal.

My lasting memories was a brilliant hanger over Langdon at a key moment in a close game coupled with him getting out-bodied in a marking contest against a Tstas who was hard up getting a kick at the level.

I would prefer Harvey to get another season on the rookie list over Drury. Harvey seemed to regress a little this year but there is something about him (besides the family ties) that I like.

I have a suspicion with Coops that there's no need to muck about with the contract of a son of a club legend if you're planning on keeping him so suspect he is gone however the rookie downgrade may be the lifesaver for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Drury
  • Lazzaro
  • Harvey
  • Taylor
  • Maley
  • Sellers
  • Free

Retired/delisted
  • Shiels
  • Greenwood
  • Thomas

I suspect Maley and Drury will both get 1 year deals. The rest are gone imo, I still think we’ll need to pay out 1 of Stevo, Nyuon or CCJ too.

I reckon those extra rookie spots are unlikely. But are you passing on River Stevens? Or is he one of the 3?
Passing on him if we don’t keep extra rookie spots

But I expect to keep them so he’d take a rookie spot

15 wins in 5 years if anything we get more spots not less

I have a suspicion with Coops that there's no need to muck about with the contract of a son of a club legend if you're planning on keeping him so suspect he is gone however the rookie downgrade may be the lifesaver for him.
If l had to keep 1 of Drury, Curtis or Harvey l would be keeping Drury. Offer Harvey a rookie spot or delist him.The same with Curtis Taylor. These 2 need to know thats its their last chance..

If l had to keep 1 of Drury, Curtis or Harvey l would be keeping Drury. Offer Harvey a rookie spot or delist him.The same with Curtis Taylor. These 2 need to know thats its their last chance..
I think 1 year deal in itself indicates last chance

And I’d keep both over drury

I still struggle to understand why people visit Bali. It’s a complete shit hole.
I personally love Bali, I go a few times a year. I don’t drink at all but I go over, get bulk sun, I train every morning at the body factory, the food scene is elite and some of my favourite restaurants are in Bali, you can get coffee on par with Melbourne with all the cafes there very similar to the Melbourne type of scene and you can be as healthy or unhealthy as you like over there with options both ways. It also goes with out saying how cheap it is and your bang for buck over there.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back