List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb & Darling, along with Owies or Rosas and someone like Luke Parker, plus another experienced player. Then draft a gun mid, a KPP and a small forward.
it sounds like this is what we are aiming for

But I’d like to see us add Joe Richards or konstanty to that list

There has been a lot more great pick than disasters in the last 3-4 years would you not agree. And its not just in the quality of their footy but the quality as young men as well.

It really depends on what your bar is for a "great" pick. I suspect yours is a fair bit lower than mine and that's fine.

Pass on membrey he’s a tweener height and not that good

Just darling for mine.

If anything I like that we are still in for Lobb who can play either end
Darling is only 2 or 3 cm taller than Membrey. But yeah I tend to agree otherwise.

I'm hoping he talks Souv into a haircut so he stops ****ing around with it and tells him to quit begging fir frees and hit the contest like a freight train...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He can muck round with his hair as much as he likes, whining for frees and trying to slip out theback for joe the gooses angers me.

If Perez hadn't had that second ACL we'd be pretty happy with him i reckon. He could move, take grabs, including contested marks, was competitive, tough as nails and his long kicking was really good. If that had happened and Chom stays good we'd be laughing about that draft.

And like I said before if Mahony hadn't hurt his shoulder he'd probably still be playing for us and we might keep the ball inside 50 a bit more, its only really missing Warner that makes that pick look bad. Players like him are a dime a dozen tho, there will be players like him in the 30s in this draft and next year as well.

Why is Tom Powell a disaster?

This is the thing though. You can't keep drafting guys with an injury history and then think it's bad luck when they keep getting injured. Comben, Perez and George all had serious or recurring injuries while playing under 18s.

Powell in isolation is an okay pick. But given the discussion is about our drafting as a whole in recent times, then you need to consider that he cost us one of Flanders, Serong or Pickett. Given we also picked Phillips, Lazzaro, Spicer, Patrick Walker and Connor fking Menadue in that draft, then it was a bit of a disaster.

Hopefully Ford makes it but I'm less confident on him now than I was six months ago.

Wilphil pick burnt.

It's a no brainer picking Sheez, Wardlaw, Kerch.

Blind Freddy could have picked those sure things.

Should I start listing our failures in the PSD and MSD as well.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
I bet you can’t name one failure in the PSD as we haven’t had one for well over a decade

So what does that have to do with anything Does not change the fact that our drafting has been fantastic does it. I will look forward to your answer.
Any campaigner with a pair of eyeballs could draft guns with the picks we've had...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the thing though. You can't keep drafting guys with an injury history and then think it's bad luck when they keep getting injured. Comben, Perez and George all had serious or recurring injuries while playing under 18s.

Powell in isolation is an okay pick. But given the discussion is about our drafting as a whole in recent times, then you need to consider that he cost us one of Flanders, Serong or Pickett. Given we also picked Phillips, Lazzaro, Spicer, Patrick Walker and Connor fking Menadue in that draft, then it was a bit of a disaster.

Hopefully Ford makes it but I'm less confident on him now than I was six months ago.
Kangatech... Worked for waitey

At least some of us can see what we are doing and where we are headed and how good all our drafting has been not just the 1st rounders in the last 3-4 years. I can't understand why the same posters are so negative about everthing the NMFC does, Its alright to have an opinion and question things but some go way over the top and never say anything positive at all.
And if we finish bottom 2 again in 2025, you can rely on pup sucking the clubs **** because a couple of players had breakout seasons whilst our unbalanced list was flogged to no end...

Rawling and Clayton's are the worst list manager/recruitment combo in the league...

And if we finish bottom 2 again in 2025, you can rely on pup sucking the clubs **** because a couple of players had breakout seasons whilst our unbalanced list was flogged to no end...

Rawling and Clayton's are the worst list manager/recruitment combo in the league...

Said like a true supporter.

Menedue was like pick 20 in the RD so who gives a shit. That's a free hit if it works out. Its not like anyone else available was a better option.

I wanted Pickett. Couldn't believe he was ranked in the 30s at this time of year but I think Powell will have an output that matches the other two eventually. Well halfway between them anyway. Serong is a gun, Flanders is good but not at the same level imo.

Phillips has been disappointing this year but before that looked good.

Lazz, Spicer and Walker ... I think Walker was like Tom Murphy or Perez ... a good coach or development team would have him playing well off the HBF. He could run and kick well. We didn't have either while he was with us. But again a rookie pick is not that big a loss (well if not for Tracey and Ginnivan going a few rounds later.) But we needed that run off half back then. WE didn't have it till we got hall and Pittard... rookie drafting needs good development I reckon so I dunno if things would have been much better with Tracey or Ginnivan.

I still think Lazz is worth keeping as depth even if VFL is his level.

Can’t say I’m thrilled about darling. He is not a leader and he has been cooked for 2 years. I know we need maturity, but we can do better.

Reeks of maturity for maturity’s sake.

I can stomach it if we get Rosas.

Think this is worth repeating.

Perez, Chom and George ... I guess it depends. If George becomes a player and I think his kicking is fantastic and will stay that way even if he loses some athleticism and Chom stays on the park then it works out to our advantage. But for now I agree we need to leave that sort of player well alone.

There certainly has been somewhat of an obsession with trying to grab a slider “would have been a top x pick if not for injury”.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back