List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying it isn't happening, but I think if the Schofield claiming "it's definitely happening" was Jarrad rather than Will it would carry a lot more weight!
And he mentioned apparently it’s a 2 year deal for darling
And then into coaching

I’d want the second year to be largely vfl tho

I would assume a similar deal for Parker but maybe a trigger for a 3rd before into some coaching capacity

Fish is a limited footballer of varying usefulness. I'd like to see him as a small fwd as he is a liability at hb.

There was no real need to extend jy and silver to such long deals. Neither were going anywhere.

Jy is the only player on that list I'd trust in a final.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe not Lmac but I think Jy's deal had value beyond just giving him years. I think it sent a message about his commitment to the club and was good for other players to see.

Probably agree with Jy in finals but iirc LMac has played a few ok finals.

Darling doesn’t have any presence on field these days - I’ll eat my hat if he moves the needle for us

Would you be surprised to hear that Jack darling, despite being cooked, averaged as many tackles inside 50
in 2024 as Larkey, Teakle and Pink COMBINED.

He (darling) had a 12 tackle game in west coasts win over the Go Dees. That’s equal to Xerri best of 12 tackles against west coast.

In west coasts win over Gold Coast darling had 22 disposals, 9 marks, 7 tackles and kicked 1.1.

Would you be surprised to hear that Jack darling, despite being cooked, averaged as many tackles inside 50

He (darling) had a 12 tackle game in west coasts win over the Go Dees. That’s equal to Xerri best of 12 tackles against west coast.

In west coasts win over Gold Coast darling had 22 disposals, 9 marks, 7 tackles and kicked 1.1.
yeah but we're too good for Darling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's changed my opinion on him a little bit.

I'd be happy for him to come for two years now.

So it looks like dogs and blues drop out.
We may hear something on owies, macrae and Daniel this week wanting out.

In a parallel world where we are attractive to AA-calibre talent, I’d prefer we made a solid bid for Houston.

But assuming he’s set on somewhere else, Daniel would be a more than acceptable HBF option to liberate Kerch to the wing, and Fisher to the forward line.

In a parallel world where we are attractive to AA-calibre talent, I’d prefer we made a solid bid for Houston.

But assuming he’s set on somewhere else, Daniel would be a more than acceptable HBF option to liberate Kerch to the wing, and Fisher to the forward line.
Not a bad call. Macrae still has plenty to offer. Just his speed would be the issue

We’ve had 7 first round picks in the last 2 drafts. No sh**.
Yes that's true, but you still have to "nail them", or should I say; the majority of them.
Last years picks were in my eyes, amazing, some people don't get all the things Brady and co had to do to finally get to that stage {our final picks} and yes I can hear it now, but that's his job, exactly.

Even who we pick in this years draft, I have complete and utter faith in Will Thursfield and Brady and Alastair in choosing our early picks as well as our later ones, I like many others have my own theories but I'll wait till after the trade & free agency period before I pick my final players that would suit North Melbourne and not myself.

Yes that's true, but you still have to "nail them", or should I say; the majority of them.
Last years picks were in my eyes, amazing, some people don't get all the things Brady and co had to do to finally get to that stage {our final picks} and yes I can hear it now, but that's his job, exactly.

Even who we pick in this years draft, I have complete and utter faith in Will Thursfield and Brady and Alastair in choosing our early picks as well as our later ones, I like many others have my own theories but I'll wait till after the trade & free agency period before I pick my final players that would suit North Melbourne and not myself.

TTS I think it's more than fair to say that XD, Goad, Hardemann and Dawson are unproven at the moment, which isn't unusual for a bunch of 19 yos. Mckercher is a tick so far.

By later picks, I'd like to see some work go into some diamonds in the rough.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least some of us can see what we are doing and where we are headed and how good all our drafting has been not just the 1st rounders in the last 3-4 years. I can't understand why the same posters are so negative about everthing the NMFC does, Its alright to have an opinion and question things but some go way over the top and never say anything positive at all.
You are so right pup, I think they know that its changing but to them at a snails pace, impatience is such a human trait, and as humans we are all different but some do have the patience and some don't. We all want our wonderful club to succeed and sometimes we get so fed up with the losing part that logic & reality are not allowed to enter the discussion; we're sh*t, we are never getting out of this hole and by the time we do come good several of our senior players will be retiring.

If they are on a roll it will centre on two people, Brady & Alastair's fault, even if Brady like last year and what he did to get us those picks and then who we drafted, it wont matter, their sh*t, they can't or will not complement part of our club because to them the clubs the problem and all the rage and anger must be focused on that.

Not a massive fan of the Darling move but don't mind it provided we're not also trying to bring Lobb in. I think it'd start to look a bit dire and desperate for us if we loaded up on these sorts of players. Darling might help with leadership and structure but I struggle to see what Lobb will bring at what will likely be an exorbitant salary.

That game was the outlier.

I went to 10 west coast games this year (family are members - suckers) and the only thing he did was tackle, the rest of the time he was either on the ground, bouncing lace out footys off his chest or getting Bronx cheered by the faithful.

Honestly, if we actually got him and this isn’t a giant piss take by Schofield who pleaded to Harley Reid on his podcast to come to West Coast and not “the basket case North Melbourne” then I would be blown out of my socks if he puts 2 good games together for the whole 2025 season..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back