List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Busslinger Re-Signed for another 2 seasons like contracts mean anything in today’s world. He should be playing a few AFL games next year with Jones turning 34 next year

Yeah for sure, you have a couple of talls coming towards the end of their careers. My point was really that we could look at clubs that have an excess of talls.

I'm not a Dog hater like some, don't mind them at all. ANd as a follower of a club that has been shite for way too long, so I state this with all due respect.

I think having the riches up fwd, Naughton, Darcy ( could be the best ever) and Jamarra isn't ideal.

You'd never trade Darcy, but gees the one of the other 2 could certainly get you a pretty bounty at the trade table.

Then young Croft, bloody heck, you want Philllips, he could keep Daniel company in the 100 metre sprint training.

Yeah for sure, you have a couple of talls coming towards the end of their careers. My point was really that we could look at clubs that have an excess of talls.

I'm not a Dog hater like some, don't mind them at all. ANd as a follower of a club that has been shite for way too long, so I state this with all due respect.

I think having the riches up fwd, Naughton, Darcy ( could be the best ever) and Jamarra isn't ideal.

You'd never trade Darcy, but gees the one of the other 2 could certainly get you a pretty bounty at the trade table.

Then young Croft, bloody heck, you want Philllips, he could keep Daniel company in the 100 metre sprint training.
I remember when my club were struggling for a key Forward and now we got them coming out of our arses pardon the language.

The thing that annoys me is the arrogence of the supporters of clubs that have a go at us, forgetting that they were in the same situation as us at some previous time as well..

Anyone who supports recruiting Darling has not watched him play and is frankly clueless
I dont get it, Darling is on 800k next season they say. Even if we're only paying half that the following season its hard not to see how he isnt costing us 1.2m over 2 years.

Playing Chom forward and W.Dawson back is a far better solution.

We've just seen Geelong, Hawks and Swans win with pretty much second string type key position players. Carlton for all their gun talls couldn't even score before Brisbane put the cue in the rack.

But as they say the devil is in the detail. IF (big if) we're upgrading our 3rd rounder to their second rounder it might be worth it. Of WC dont need to salary dump so its unlikely its that on its own, together with making it more palatable in seeing off one of their loved players, then maybe. So if he cost us bugger all in pay and picks then its not so bad. But will cost us in pay, so an upgrade in our pick is required imo.

Serviceable talls, a couple of bigger bodied burst mids to move it your way our of congestion then a fleet of runners including little ferret fwds sprinting into space is all you need.

TTS I think it's more than fair to say that XD, Goad, Hardemann and Dawson are unproven at the moment, which isn't unusual for a bunch of 19 yos. Mckercher is a tick so far.

By later picks, I'd like to see some work go into some diamonds in the rough.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We honestly haven't had many later picks since 2020. Well we haven't taken them. Whether we should have is a fair question.

Curtis, Bergman, Archer, Harvey. Two of them are F/S, the other two look like being 50/50 tho Bergman still has next year.

Otherwise its rookies - Drury, Free, Maley plus MSD picks who seem okay (or unproven) since 2022. Other clubs spend time developing players like Drury and get a reasonable return on their investment. I guess we'll see what happens with him. One thing as far as Drury, RHJ and Harvey go - for all the talk about clubs using small forwards who work hard up and down the field after that geelong game and us not having any ... that's what Drury, RHJ and Harvey do alot in the VFL. They aren't all gonna be Tyson Stengle but you can see how this sort of thing will develop players who could play the role Mannagh does.

That game was the outlier.

I went to 10 west coast games this year (family are members - suckers) and the only thing he did was tackle, the rest of the time he was either on the ground, bouncing lace out footys off his chest or getting Bronx cheered by the faithful.

Honestly, if we actually got him and this isn’t a giant piss take by Schofield who pleaded to Harley Reid on his podcast to come to West Coast and not “the basket case North Melbourne” then I would be blown out of my socks if he puts 2 good games together for the whole 2025 season..
Honestly tho, if all he does is tackle that will improve our forward line.

Any word on what Jedd Busslingers up to.
Never seem him kick a ball in anger, I did notice he's taken 264 marks during the last 2 VFL seasons.
Listed as 198cm, been in the system a while now and never played agame.

But, the Dogs have, which may explain why he hasn't the Dogs have too many talls and may realise that after being dumped as early as you can from a finals series.

Wouldn't have much value, and without seeing him ever play, find it hard to believe he;d be worse that a Teakle, Pink, CCJ type.
Croft -201cm
Darcy -208cm
Garner - 197cm
JOnes- 198cm
Keith - 197cm
Jamarra - 197cm
Lobb -207cm
English -208cm
Naughton -194cm
Can’t believe English is 208 - he doesn’t use that size
No it wouldn’t surprise me, pretty low bar. I don’t understand the Darling angst on here, would take the best defender week in week out, and would create genuine opportunities and pressure off others….id go as far as saying you’d see Zurhaar and Curtis have career best seasons not to mention Larkey and allow Zane to develop his craft not to mention a KPP we pick up in the draft.
Lmac picked him up in the Tassie game - darlings wouldn’t even be mentioned in opposition meetings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheils, Howe.

The man has his blind spots.
The young players rave about the value Shiels has in terms of developing them and what they learn from him. That was probably worth it. especially if he improves our recruitment and development.

But Howe would still be playing AFL if he could dispose of the ball properly. He could find it like nothing else. Bit of a miss.

Schache has been delisted by Melbourne you can get him for free lol
I forgot where he had gone, changes teams a bit , similar colours ,will give them a call. Thanks for the heads up lol. Would have been a bit embarrassing if I had rung your club . “ North Melb here can we speak to Josh” Dogs response “who”?

Last edited:
Darling and Parker on our forward line wouldn't look to bad ;

Duursma, Darling, Parker
Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis...

and leave Comben on the backline..
Geez opposition teams walk it out in the past, we’d have that problem for the next two years with Parker and Darling down there.
Somehow we’ve gotta add experience, speed without changing the mix we’ve got, challenges indeed.

If we get a goal a game out of Darling while he drags defenders away from Souv and structures us up, then he'll be a decent stop gap for a season or 2. Add to this the fact he trains like a warrior, he might have a few youngins following him around.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez opposition teams walk it out in the past, we’d have that problem for the next two years with Parker and Darling down there.
Somehow we’ve gotta add experience, speed without changing the mix we’ve got, challenges indeed.
Darling averages three times the tackles Pink does and twice as many goals in a side that's about as shithouse as us.

The young players rave about the value Shiels has in terms of developing them and what they learn from him. That was probably worth it. especially if he improves our recruitment and development.

But Howe would still be playing AFL if he could dispose of the ball properly. He could find it like nothing else. Bit of a miss.

Shiels was great IMO. Played some decent games and set a great example. And everyone raves about his leadership. Howe was fringe/depth and partly recruited to lift fitness/training standards which we desperately needed. Gave up nothing for either so don't get the angst that they generate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back