List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say, I've long thought him the most over rated player almost of all time, Goldy set the world record for most hitouts in a game against him, not a great ruckman, not a great forward. Were trade rumours to North earlier in the year when he couldn't get a game,,,,didn't want,,,,then I saw him play down back and thought, nah, the dogs aren't gonna let him go.

That said, they are well stocked for talls and are probably gonna need some cap space. Him down back, darling up forward, and Parker in the middle, I think would be great if we can engineer it as a salary dump and keep our first 3 picks. Would take so much pressure off a lot of young players, and just watch them flourish. We've just had too much of a gap in our age profile for too long, to hand over the baton to the youngsters when they're ready. Good example I can readily recall is Cam Mooney not playing in the GF but talking to a clearly nervous Tom Hawkins in the rooms before the game. That's the sort of continuity we need to develop kids, and we aren't gonna get that by just hitting the draft every year.
Faff now just tweeted based on exit interviews today Lobb likely to stay

I think he’s throwing darts on this one and now has hedged each way

A couple of out of contract Bulldogs, Riley Garcia, and Buku Khamis, worth a look ?
Don't mind Khamis,,,,,he kinda got squeezed out of the forward line and then the back line by Lobb. Certainly has some versatility, an upgrade on Sellers, Biggy, (and probably Pink),,,,downside he's not overly big.

IDK how I feel about Lobb. Well I do, and that is I'm not thrilled. Doesn't mean he wouldn't offer us something, just that we're pretty shit if we need to be looking hard in his direction :p
Hate to say it, we are :(

Who knows what the club is cooking. I just hope we arent the main dish
The Rock understands you.....
Happy The Rock GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we’re not being the trade bait we are usually in the off-season to leverage deals and actually being proactive about our very clear needs.

I’m highly doubtful, but any combination of Daniel, Macrae, Lobb (Bit of a shitmen but capable), Parker and even Darling as a cheap gimme would be a nice start.

I hope we’re not being the trade bait we are usually in the off-season to leverage deals and actually being proactive about our very clear needs.

I’m highly doubtful, but any combination of Daniel, Macrae, Lobb (Bit of a shitmen but capable), Parker and even Darling as a cheap gimme would be a nice start.
What gives me hope that we’ll get some of those deals done is that all those players are in the top 20% of their current teams’ salaries, but at the same time, they were all on the fringes of their current clubs best 23 this year.

(Ok, maybe not Darling, but he has clear and apparent replacements)

In other words, there is a conceivable mutual benefit shared by the players and their current clubs to part ways.

Unlike, say, Viney.

Just out of interest wondering is Luke Parker related to my olde computer teacher who expelled one of my classmates. Back when computers were new while in class he got it to say in old computer speak “Mr Parker’s breathe smells like a dogs Anus”. Little did he know Mr Parker was in ear shot and the rest is history lol
Expelled for that? Woke was alive in 1986?

All I want for Christman is Luke Parker. Dont care much for any other player thats been mentioned around here. Maybe that fella from gold coast but the Darling the Lob talk doesn’t rev me up. Parker to North would be Hodge to Brisbane. Thats all I want.

All I want for Christman is Luke Parker. Dont care much for any other player thats been mentioned around here. Maybe that fella from gold coast but the Darling the Lob talk doesn’t rev me up. Parker to North would be Hodge to Brisbane. Thats all I want.
Yep. Parker would be a good get. As for the rest. Turn it up North. :stern look

Caleb Daniel would be another error in a long list of errors.

Short n slow, surely we have enough slow players already .

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back