List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

No love for Sam Day - out of contract, won't cost a pick, will cost a spot but one l feel can help the forwards in terms on how to actually be a big KPF?

Never kicked more than 20 goals in a season. Surely Teakle could match that output will a full year next year

Bloody heck you named them, that will only cause grief and angst around these here parts

I had 10, so wonder what others think and more importantly wtf is the club doing about it.
We just need to get to the stage where those last 3 names are the last 3 picked, and we'll be getting somewhere.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Never kicked more than 20 goals in a season. Surely Teakle could match that output will a full year next year

Teakle has shown ability to clunk a mark, but his best attribute in my way of thinking is being where the ball isn't.

he had 2 disposals in 64 % game time last outing. That is just 2 more than I would have got. And we would have had the same amount of tackles 0.

Let that sink in.

We just need to get to the stage where those last 3 names are the last 3 picked, and we'll be getting somewhere.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yes but we seem to find more of those types every year, replenish the stocks if you like.

And I do half jest, if the guys a late pick or rookie or MSD I'm fine as I understand it's a hail Mary, but it don't mean you keep 'em FFS!

Teakle has shown ability to clunk a mark, but his best attribute in my way of thinking is being where the ball isn't.

he had 2 disposals in 64 % game time last outing. That is just 2 more than I would have got. And we would have had the same amount of tackles 0.

Let that sink in.
Kind of you not to mention his 'ruckwork'.

Let that sink in.

Yeah look, I wasn't overly excited when we read his name out in the MSD, but his first few games showed he is more than capable in the aerial contests. Kicked 9 goals in 11 games, so if he played the full 22, he would've gone close to kicking 20, which is okay-ish for a 2nd tall.

Ideally though I wish we moved away from those lumbering types (Teakle/CCJ/Pink) and went with another genuine 195-198cm key forward that can actually move faster than an ice-berg and has genuine forward craft. Going off our drafting and recruitment though, it seems those types are very hard to find....

Yeah look, I wasn't overly excited when we read his name out in the MSD, but his first few games showed he is more than capable in the aerial contests. Kicked 9 goals in 11 games, so if he played the full 22, he would've gone close to kicking 20, which is okay-ish for a 2nd tall.

Ideally though I wish we moved away from those lumbering types (Teakle/CCJ/Pink) and went with another genuine 195-198cm key forward that can actually move faster than an ice-berg and has genuine forward craft. Going off our drafting and recruitment though, it seems those types are very hard to find....

Yeah he started well, maybe he got tuckered out FIIK.
I've my fingers crossed Duursma can shoot up another 3 or so cm's, with his ability to read the flight and his leap. He will be answer to the question.
I still think he will be the answer, not sure why Duursma hasn't got the masses excited.
Yeah he's a tad unprofessional, am sure they will sort that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There lies the question...are we getting these 'mature' forward to play 20 games or to help develop and maybe play max 10 games or in emergencies?

A name that has not been mentioned, and he probably is not even interested, is Mitch Duncan. See link below. He is in my opinion, hugely under-rated.

He is a dual premiership player, (maybe soon a triple premiership player) rarely plays a bad game at the Cats, has been in the Geelong/Chris Scott system since he was drafted at pick 28 in the 2009 Draft and although aged 33, still has, in my opinion, a couple of years left in him.

He and Parker would be great value, in my opinion for a couple of years. I think McRae also would be good value, given his ability to accumulate the ball and is also a premiership player.
Ive mentioned Duncan plenty of times. Ive said all along I want Duncan or Parker or Both at Arden st

I've my fingers crossed Duursma can shoot up another 3 or so cm's, with his ability to read the flight and his leap. He will be answer to the question.
I still think he will be the answer, not sure why Duursma hasn't got the masses excited.
Excited Jamie Oliver GIF by MasterChefAU

Doesn't make sense? He is their best performed small forward. Surprised he hasn't been extended yet.

Again, for me, it's the type of player we need to add. We need to add the right types that will complement what we already have and improve parts of our game plan and or structure. Adding in senior players for the sake of it won't achieve much. Sure, he is a statistical upgrade on Simpkin and probably a whole host of others, but we'll ultimately end up with the exact same issues with McRae as what we already have with Simpkin (poor structure, slow, unaccountable ect).

WB became frustrated with his lack of accountability in the midfield, his lack of damage and his inability to stick to structures around the stoppages. Which is exactly what we don't need in our midfield.

All fair enough points. I think he does bring some positives for us such as a bigger body, experience, he's an accumulator, uses the ball well and he covers the ground that perhaps are not so much of a deficiency for the Bulldogs.

Totally agree tao lots on here are saying we should have taken Watson lately but i am certain we didn't miss out on getting Zane will be a really good player in time.

The Dogs moved him out of this position for a reason. His weaknesses are bigger than his strengths. And if we are recruiting someone just for this role, I would want a more penetrating kick than Daniel.
We'd all prefer Bailey Dale, but he isn't available...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is Duursma unprofessional?

Duursma is a huge untapped resource. The numbers he was putting up later in the year at VFL level, his marking weaponry and kicking have him as a very dangerous prospect to become that mid / fwd a la Fyfe / Martin down the track. If he can put on size easily and build that running he could be an absolute weapon.

Without taking into account contract situations, I'd be pretty confident that at least 10 of them would be gone, maybe even more. I'm hoping that the 50-50's would only be depth players at that stage (unless they improve significantly)

Gone: Mcdonald, K.Dawson, Shiels (obviously), Pink and Teakle.

Highly Likely Gone: Phillips & RJH

50-50: Corr, Stephens, Fisher & Tucker
But you have to take into account the contract situations unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back