List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne just read a text out stating that Owies to North on a three-year deal.
I Dont Think So No Way GIF

Why is Duursma unprofessional?

He's been slightly lax, but will be fine, he's kid that hasn't found footy much of a challenge, just does as he likes.
Duursma is a huge untapped resource. The numbers he was putting up later in the year at VFL level, his marking weaponry and kicking have him as a very dangerous prospect to become that mid / fwd a la Fyfe / Martin down the track. If he can put on size easily and build that running he could be an absolute weapon.

Oh I agree, and I look fwd to the day he lights it up, won't be long.

Just because we can't get Dale or Houston doesn't mean we should get Daniel. We can't afford to carry defenders who can't defend. I'd rather pump games into Hardeman and Bergman.
We can afford to carry a single defender who has subpar defensive parts of their game more than we can afford to field an entire team without a halfback flank who can kick effectively into congestion.

That's why good teams still have players like Coleman, Saad and Whitfield.

If Daniel is any worse than those guys defensively, its not by much at all.

Who pray tell do you see filling that role for us next year?

Yeah look, I wasn't overly excited when we read his name out in the MSD, but his first few games showed he is more than capable in the aerial contests. Kicked 9 goals in 11 games, so if he played the full 22, he would've gone close to kicking 20, which is okay-ish for a 2nd tall.

Ideally though I wish we moved away from those lumbering types (Teakle/CCJ/Pink) and went with another genuine 195-198cm key forward that can actually move faster than an ice-berg and has genuine forward craft. Going off our drafting and recruitment though, it seems those types are very hard to find....

Comben?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At risk of having posters quoting lyric's ,He's only 19

And last I heard he was 190cm at 18.. Not sure you can update heights any longer. lol
One of our field techs at 19 was 19 stone. He tipped in at 20 stone by the time he was 20 so a bunch of his workmates made a bet he couldn't weigh in at 21 stone on his 21st.

He won the bet, weighing in at those big old scales in Myer Melbourne.

Same guy dived into the Yarra when he was pissed and split his head open on a rock. I had to drive him to the Alfred for stitches. The following Christmas bbq was also on the Yarra and he decided to see if he could dive in but not gash his head. That was a fail but luckily, no stitches. Disinfectant was a can of beer and he was right.

Nineteen year olds! Not always a good age to judge future performance.

If any of you were using ADSL for your broadband, that guy would have been keeping the system running day and night in his later years.

Teakle has shown ability to clunk a mark, but his best attribute in my way of thinking is being where the ball isn't.

he had 2 disposals in 64 % game time last outing. That is just 2 more than I would have got. And we would have had the same amount of tackles 0.

Let that sink in.
I'm hoping that might just be getting used to the top level.

We can afford to carry a single defender who has subpar defensive parts of their game more than we can afford to field an entire team without a halfback flank who can kick effectively into congestion.

That's why good teams still have players like Coleman, Saad and Whitfield.

If Daniel is any worse than those guys defensively, its not by much at all.

Who pray tell do you see filling that role for us next year?
Those three all run and carry and are way more damaging than Daniel with the ball. I also think you are selling Saad short. He is a gun one on one defender.

If we can't get a good one, play the kids.

I’m calling it.

We are winning the flag next year boys!
Now if you said the women’s team are winning the flag , I would believe you , the men ? To steal Discos gif . Of course I hope I am wrong 1725951149234.gif lol PS like the Eddie Ford avatar

Last edited:
I'm so ready to be disappointed when Macrae and Parker choose different clubs.
There's a limited number of Geelong pub licences available at any one time and land must be getting scarce on the Bellarine Peninsula so obviously, the race is on amongst every out of contract rat who can abandon their current club to chase premiership glory under C. Scotts.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back