List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that a lot of people are supportive of Darling to provide leadership.
I have it on very, very good authority that he is not popular with fellow players at WC, that his wife is an overbearing and contentious figure (shades of Ben Brown) and that senior officials at WC just want him gone.
Oh he’s the total package

Given we’ve bowed to the altar of talent for a very long time, I would love to see motivated veterans such as Macrae come in and force our younger players to knock them out the side. 2, even 3 of these guys would be great.
Need as many as we can. Can't just play the kids and expect differences, need older guys to support the players

Just because we can't get Dale or Houston doesn't mean we should get Daniel. We can't afford to carry defenders who can't defend. I'd rather pump games into Hardeman and Bergman.
I'm not stating we should get him either, but the facts are that types like him are all we have to choose from after being a basket case for 5 years.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not saying you're wrong, but that Ralph article said 650-750k this year.

I think the Ralph article is pretty accurate for the year (McKay on 1.4mil iirc) so the question to be asked is has he been front ended or back ended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Ralph article is pretty accurate for the year (McKay on 1.4mil iirc) so the question to be asked is has he been front ended or back ended.
All I know is that * has been rear ended 😀

Interesting that a lot of people are supportive of Darling to provide leadership.
I have it on very, very good authority that he is not popular with fellow players at WC, that his wife is an overbearing and contentious figure (shades of Ben Brown) and that senior officials at WC just want him gone.
Should be cheap for a contracted player then,,,,,show em a Liam Anthony bid, a pack of twisties, and an option on our last pick in next years MSD as a sweetener, hell they can pay some of his salary too. Daresay Brady would know the geezer pretty well and if his character is a bit on the....nose.

If it’s true that Baz Smith wants to get to Geelong, my question is ‘how’? If we indeed split our No.2 pick could we not offer our first pick and a future first?? The guy is 23, a gun, and would provide great run and kicking skills, not to mention we actually get some eyeballs on our team for once courtesy of his social media profile. Seems a no brainer to me 🤷‍♂️

No, his character is his biggest flaw in that he turned his back on the club that persisted with him and showed faith in him.

He is not the type to stand up when it's required but someone who jumps ship when things get tough.

Our no.1 priority is to build a core that is able to stand up under pressure.

He’d walk into our side and I’d welcome him. Fwiw
Of course he'd walk into our best 22. Doesn't mean he's worth two top 6 picks.
Also not an elite kick, far from it going inside 50 in particular. Maybe he's too quick and can't slow to hit the right option.
It doesn't really matter because he's heading to the Cats and if not them, it would be the Hawks next.

Of course he'd walk into our best 22. Doesn't mean he's worth two top 6 picks.
Also not an elite kick, far from it going inside 50 in particular. Maybe he's too quick and can't slow to hit the right option.
It doesn't really matter because he's heading to the Cats and if not them, it would be the Hawks next.
Not sure anyone is worth 2 top 6 picks or one and a star.

Beast, 666 a year. Peanuts for a 3 time all Australian. Crazy Bevo had him running around in the magoos, surely a F2 gets it done!
I reckon our F2 is too high.

But yeah, I can't believe how many around here scoffed at him as a prospective trade.

Him and Daniel will each get done for picks around 30-40 I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back