List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The responses in the trade thread back then was eerily similar to what some are posting today.
I just went and had alook at W80's stats for his last year at Carlton.

14.4 disposals, 6.3 marks, 1.8 goals, 1 behind, 2.88 tackles per game.

Compared to

10 disposals, 3.2 marks, 1g 0.5b, 2.90 tackles per game for Darling.

W80 had a much better output.

Not sure how good the Waite comparison is beyond a very basic level. He still had his uber athleticism and was kicking 2+ goals per game in the three seasons before joining. He was just very injury prone, which ended up working in our favour once he got fit as he had less miles on the clock.
Yeah, on the stats and ability to move there is no comparison.

Comben looks like he is going to play back... we have been fortunate over past two yrs but if larkey goes down we have no one. Darling provides cover and depth and the other part of recruiting darling, signals we are going to be taking a kpf or two from the draft.... darling merely there for a yr max 2 while the draftee talls develop.... makes a lot of sense to me. If they develop sooner then their aim is to displace Darling which should be easy if he is as cooked as some think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd be disappointed if Comben plays back, but if he does, it probably means Will Dawson is playing forward.
Darling will be the fourth player on our list providing cover for same player/s we don't have yet. It seems nuts. Use the list spot on an extra young tall.

I'll exclude Maley. But the others are all short-term cover competing for possibly one spot in the team. Darling will join them. They will all be delisted at the end of next year or a year later if they are lucky. How many list spots are we going to waste on these types before we actually spend some draft capital on some young key forwards?

To me getting Darling in, signals we are going to draft key fwds, hopefully a couple. Darling will be mentor and stop gap while they develop hopefully sooner rather than later

I just went and had alook at W80's stats for his last year at Carlton.

14.4 disposals, 6.3 marks, 1.8 goals, 1 behind, 2.88 tackles per game.

Compared to

10 disposals, 3.2 marks, 1g 0.5b, 2.90 tackles per game for Darling.

W80 had a much better output.
The counterpoint was that our stats for 2014 were better too!

14 wins, finished sixth... we must have looked fairly compelling for any free agents compared to today's consensus.

I'd be disappointed if Comben plays back, but if he does, it probably means Will Dawson is playing forward.
Darling will be the fourth player on our list providing cover for same player/s we don't have yet. It seems nuts. Use the list spot on an extra young tall.

I'm not so sure that Comben back means Dawson forward especially when we are talking to Darling and Membrey. I think all will be revealed once we land whichever veteran key forward and then make our selections at the draft. If we walk past key defenders and draft a couple of key forwards, then that indicates Comben and Dawson both stay back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not like we only have one list spot available. We can't fill them all with nascent stars with the draft hand we have.

Also we will get a good key forward or two in the draft. That's why Darling makes sense. If we don't, I'll happily join you in the barricades cobber.

We wanted (for right or wrong) veteran talents to round out a building side in 2013-15. Waite met that brief and was still a match winner on his day.

We're not after adornments for our list right now. We need proven leaders to get the rebuild back on track asap.

Darling isn't that and will be a year older than Waite was when he came across.

Not dead against it but it's nothing like Waite.

Just think Darling would offer more to developing kpfs as a genuine kpf albeit smaller than membrey who plays diff to a kpf

Finals experience is also a bonus with Darling, but the biggest factor will be determining which one has the best leadership skills and inclination towards coaching and helping the development of teammates.

I'm not so sure that Comben back means Dawson forward especially when we are talking to Darling and Membrey. I think all will be revealed once we land whichever veteran key forward and then make our selections at the draft. If we walk past key defenders and draft a couple of key forwards, then that indicates Comben and Dawson both stay back.
You are probably right. But I don't like it.

If we are taking one of these guys, we really need to cut and payout some of CCJ, Biggie, Pink, Teakle.

Totally with you... Dawson will be back. Reckon it's chom Logue and corr, with Dawson to replace Corr over time

Indications were that Comben's move back was temporary. So you'd expect him to go forward.

Ideally, we'd bring in a young KF to work under Darling, Larkey and Comben and KD to work under Logue, Corr, K Dawson and W Dawson.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not sure how good the Waite comparison is beyond a very basic level. He still had his uber athleticism and was kicking 2+ goals per game in the three seasons before joining. He was just very injury prone, which ended up working in our favour once he got fit as he had less miles on the clock.

It's not.
Waite was statistically better in every category prior to coming to North.

You were.

So let's go back to one of those posts.

View attachment 2107280

Who do we have now that Darling will take time from? Teakle, CCJ and Pink?

Larkey and Chom can still play along side him.
You’re not comparing W80 to Darling are you? LOL come on mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back